Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Stiff suspension = loose eveything

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
icon9.gif  Stiff suspension = loose eveything Fri, 11 June 2004 09:57 Go to next message
Ok so i have this problem.

- New suspension is uber stiff and handles really well (good thing)
- New suspension is uber stiff and has made everything rattle (bad thing)

And i mean evrything is starting to work its way loose, glass in the tailgate (zero rust and the rubbers are good), sunroof pannel, glass in the doors etc.

Whats the go here, other people with stiff suspension, do you just have to tighten up everything otherwise it rattles loose or is there a trick of the trade im missing out on!
  Send a private message to this user    
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Stiff suspension = loose eveything Fri, 11 June 2004 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how 'stiff' is your suspension?

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Stiff suspension = loose eveything Fri, 11 June 2004 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not racing 'i need a new spleen' stiff, but hard enough to feel every pothole with a decent jolt.

- Kings standards
- Tokico shocks
- Urethane bushes all round
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Stiff suspension = loose eveything Fri, 11 June 2004 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its the bushes more than anything that cause this.

I have the same issue... not as far as all the glass rattling but all the plastic etc. has started to rattle.

It gets annoying but you wouldn't want to compromise your handling for the sake of a few rattles.

The only thing worth doing is going on a mission to find out what's causing all the rattles... get someone to hop aboard with you and find them all!
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Stiff suspension = loose eveything Fri, 11 June 2004 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Selective bushing I have found the way to go, its the best compromise, on the MA70 for example I only have urathane in the lower control arms and will be doing similer with the rear end buy leaving the subframe mounts rubber its not race spec but its not on a race track all day!

Unfortunatly no cake and pie its one or the other!
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Stiff suspension = loose eveything Fri, 11 June 2004 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But i like how it handles Smile

There is no way in hell id setup an MA61 any differently to the way i have it. Id still add a few things, but i like the way it corners, was well too much of a boat, hell norbies supra seems boatlike in comparison.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Stiff suspension = loose eveything Fri, 11 June 2004 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh, suck it n see what falls out Wink

performance is always a trade-off to a degree..

if you 'want' it that stiff... just loctite all the loose bolts and silicon in anything that comes loose Very Happy
sv_i
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: Stiff suspension = loose eveything Sat, 12 June 2004 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what Allan said. Front end on my 1300 has noltec and rubber bushes for the best compromise between handling and comfort.

I went around and double sided taped all the interior trim, tightened up all the dash screws etc and reglued some of the door seals. Helped a lot.

RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: Stiff suspension = loose eveything Sat, 12 June 2004 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Sat, 12 June 2004 01:55

meh, suck it n see what falls out Wink

Weight reduction! Razz
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Stiff suspension = loose eveything Sat, 12 June 2004 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm with them Glen, get someone to sit in it and find all the rattles and deal with them as they appear. You DON'T want any compromise on how nice and chuckable it is.
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Stiff suspension = loose eveything Sat, 12 June 2004 12:34 Go to previous message
BlackSupra wrote on Fri, 11 June 2004 20:07

- Kings standards

- Pedders Comfortgas
- Front Swaybar Urethane bushes
- Front Strut Brace

The car handles like without springs. I think its would soften up over time Confused So far nothing rattling yet.
In the SA63 the common rattle is the rear blind holder and the sunroof hose.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Pulling out Panels in AE92 to do stereo
Next Topic:How to put AE101 dials into AE82 dash
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 16:20:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051608085632324 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.