Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
TA23 turbo Crashed - with pics Sun, 30 May 2004 04:25 Go to next message
Luckily it wasnt my fault, got hit at a roundabout, this chick just didnt give way and t-boned straight into the passenger door Crying or Very Sad , very lucky my girlfriend didnt get hurt as she was in the passenger seat.

http://mitch.crayiscool.com/carcrash/4.gif

more pics at
http://mitch.crayiscool.com/carcrash

[Updated on: Mon, 31 May 2004 12:30]

Send a private message to this user    
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: TA23 turbo Crashed Sun, 30 May 2004 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn, that sucks dude Sad Sad
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TA23 turbo Crashed Sun, 30 May 2004 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea it does, but there is not much I can do about it now.

Does anyone know how hard it would be to match that paint?
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TA23 turbo Crashed Mon, 31 May 2004 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
added in a pic that works
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: TA23 turbo Crashed - with pics Tue, 01 June 2004 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

spyewin ay Razz
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: TA23 turbo Crashed - with pics Tue, 01 June 2004 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn, got the front quarter too, but it looks like the rear quarter is ok, thats a bonus.

shouldnt be too hard to match...its only a standard metallic blue.. or is it?
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TA23 turbo Crashed - with pics Tue, 01 June 2004 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Erk .. Glad that your ok and so is your GF ...

Insurance covers all of this ( if you are covered ) if your not happy with the match get them to re do it ..

CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: TA23 turbo Crashed - with pics Tue, 01 June 2004 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To colour match that, the sparay painter will have to spray the whole side of the car, including the rear quarter panel, and some of the bonnet and boot - look at the rest of your paint, as it may be worth having the whole car resprayed. Not many spray painters colour match properly anymore, and this results in a poor paint match that won't be covered by your insurance (to them it is an acceptable job, ..., but then again, you'll be talking to an insurance geek when arguing to them it's not).
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: TA23 turbo Crashed - with pics Tue, 01 June 2004 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that sucks man.. id hate driving my car around knowing that its been fecked up and it not being your fault.. worst part is u dont get any damages for loss of car
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TA23 turbo Crashed - with pics Tue, 01 June 2004 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea i guess the main thing is that me and my girlfriend are ok as the other driver hit us pretty hard. Basically it has rooted the door and smashed the window, bent the door trim (may be able to be straightened out and dinted the front quarter panel.

It has also stuffed the speaker and done something to the alarm, as when i try and kick it over the starter motor kicks but the alarm siren goes on and off aswell and it wont start. (although it started fine after the crash and I drove it home)

As old celica's are only valued at like $3000 through insurance companies, does this mean it could be a possible right off?

STR8 2.8 - it is actually a metallic green colour, looks a bit more blue in that pic, but check out my avatar.

Classique71 - Basically I am only covered through 3rd party (as it is a turbo vehicle and I am under 25) so her insurance will be fixing it all up, if I am not happy with the colour matching could I still get them to re-do it?

CLG - Yea I was looking at a full respray, but it just depends on the $$$, hopefully the smash repairer can cut me a deal.

Thanks for all the other comments will let you know how it all goes, it is getting assessment tommorrow (2/6) so hopefully all goes well
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: TA23 turbo Crashed - with pics Tue, 01 June 2004 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where you say that they will only value it at 3000, that's gotta be wrong. if it were your insurance you were claiming and you had agreed value at 3000 it would be like that, but i'm pretty sure that they have to ensure that you end up with a car in the same condition as when you got hit - which 3000 aint gonna buy.

hopefully it should just get fixed, all depends on how the repairers get the panels and work their quotes, plus the damage to the alarm/motor/the rest
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TA23 turbo Crashed - with pics Tue, 01 June 2004 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea wasn't 100% on this, but when I got my car going I got a quote to fully insure it and it was like $1500 a year and they would only insure it for about $3000 - $3500, it is only through 3rd Party at the moment so we havent agreed on any price that the car is worth (although I have many many recepts for stuff done to the car)

Hopefully it wont come down to being a right off and everything will work out.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: TA23 turbo Crashed - with pics Tue, 01 June 2004 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ta23 wrote on Tue, 01 June 2004 23:35

Yea wasn't 100% on this, but when I got my car going I got a quote to fully insure it and it was like $1500 a year and they would only insure it for about $3000 - $3500, it is only through 3rd Party at the moment so we havent agreed on any price that the car is worth (although I have many many recepts for stuff done to the car)

Hopefully it wont come down to being a right off and everything will work out.

yes, lets hope not... did you go rank at the driver?
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TA23 turbo Crashed - with pics Wed, 02 June 2004 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have you told the insurance company about the money you have spent on the car for mods and other things as they were done?
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TA23 turbo Crashed - with pics Wed, 02 June 2004 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 - Nah didnt go rank at the other driver, I actually was quite calm considering my pride and joy was just smashed up.

Tommo - Haven really told the insurance company anything about my car as it isnt insured for full comprehensive only 3rd Party.

I actually went down to the smash repair place where my car will be repaired (if its not a right off) and the guy who owns the place said that the insurance company can right off my car and only give me like $1000 for it as that is within market value of the car, can they do this is I have receipts for closer to $10000.

I also asked him about how much extra it would cost to respray the whole car, and he said would cost lots of $$$$, but he said he would have no trouble actually matching the paint.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: TA23 turbo Crashed - with pics Wed, 02 June 2004 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is how insane i am about people smashing my car.. they stole my valve caps(little chrome hexagon things) and i was ready to kill someone
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TA23 turbo Crashed - with pics Wed, 02 June 2004 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Wed, 02 June 2004 11:13

this is how insane i am about people smashing my car.. they stole my valve caps(little chrome hexagon things) and i was ready to kill someone

Yea I think vandals and theives get me heaps more angry than a car accident as they are doing it intentially, which is completely stupid and does make you wanna kill someone
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: TA23 turbo Crashed - with pics Wed, 02 June 2004 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you have problems with either your or the other driver's insurance company regarding the value of your car, have it independantly assessed for value. This will cost you around $120, but is worth it as they look at the car as it is, not the car as a figure in a book.

Jag7799, why do you instantly jump to the "sue the bastards/beat the shit out of them" mentality, as you've made mention in previous posts and threads?
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: TA23 turbo Crashed - with pics Wed, 02 June 2004 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, getting hit is not something to go off at people for generally, cos you can generally assume they didn't intend to do it, and it'll just make the situation worse. when they lie and deny responsibility afterwards is another matter....

and with the independant assessment, i'd also make sure to bias the assessor by showing them examples of like cars for sale - any insurance company that says a turbo ta23 is worth $1000 is gonna get no credibility if you follow it through the relevant authorities

and CLG - that's cos the internet is a great anonymous place for anyone to talk themselves up to hulk-like proportions, where in real life they would just curl up and cry (no offence to jag, more of a general statement)
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: TA23 turbo Crashed - with pics Wed, 02 June 2004 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol.. i was only saying "sue the bastards" to be a dick.. obviously i did it too well..
and because to me atm every cent counts
so anything i have to replace because of someone else really pisses me off(like my current diff incident)
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TA23 turbo Crashed - with pics Wed, 02 June 2004 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well got the car assessed today, the assessor valued my car at $3000 and there is $2600 worth of damages, so it didnt get righten off Smile pretty close but.

The car will get all fixed up as soon as the girl who hit me pays her excess, so all worked out not too bad in the end.
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TA23 turbo Crashed - with pics Wed, 02 June 2004 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For them to value it at 3k, they will usually write it off if the repair bill is >75% of the value.

CLG is quite correct if you have any kind of grief - then get it valued with your receipts etc.

Glad to see that it seems to be working out for you. I hope that you are happy with the results.

ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TA23 turbo Crashed - with pics Wed, 02 June 2004 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Yellorolla,

Must have been lucky as repair bill in this case is about 86% of the value of the car.

All seems to have worked out fine thus far, so hopefully the repair job is done well. The lady who ran into me paid her excess today so my car will start to be repaired tomorrow Smile

Will post up pics and let you guys know how the repair went when I get my car back.
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: TA23 turbo Crashed - with pics Wed, 02 June 2004 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shit me, apart from the actual crash you're a lucky boy, each of my dealings with insurance has been the most drawn out load of bullshit i've ever had, but you're gettin it fixed within like 4 days of the crash
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: TA23 turbo Crashed - with pics Wed, 02 June 2004 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
peewee wrote on Wed, 02 June 2004 23:44

shit me, apart from the actual crash you're a lucky boy, each of my dealings with insurance has been the most drawn out load of bullshit i've ever had, but you're gettin it fixed within like 4 days of the crash

thasts very lucky indeed
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TA23 turbo Crashed - with pics Thu, 03 June 2004 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Thu, 03 June 2004 08:35

peewee wrote on Wed, 02 June 2004 23:44

thasts very lucky indeed

I guess I am, this is my first encounter with insurance and it seems to have gone smoothly, it was also good of the lady who crashed into to pay her $1300 excess within a few days otherwise my car wouldn't be able to start getting fixed until her excess was paid.

Talked to the smash repair place that is fixing my car and they said it should be ready at the start of next week hopefully Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 03 June 2004 01:53]

ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TA23 turbo Crashed - with pics Wed, 09 June 2004 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, got my car back today, basically the whole side was resprayed and I got a set of pioneer 6 inches for the front, which are alot better than the audioline ones I had in there that got smashed.

The job was done very well, I gave him the name of the paint it was reprayed with before and it matches up perfectly, he also fixed up a few other small dints in the front quarter panel that didnt happen in the accident, so I am very happy with the result. Smile
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: TA23 turbo Crashed - with pics Wed, 09 June 2004 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
under 2 weeks from start to end.... fucker... that's how long mine spend just at the crash repairer for a small rear dent on one of my accidents
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TA23 turbo Crashed - with pics Wed, 09 June 2004 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
really? That sucks

I guess I was lucky Smile I also knew the bloke who repaired the car for me, not really well, but I guess that may have sped things up a bit.

I will get a few pics up in the next few days
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: TA23 turbo Crashed - with pics Wed, 09 June 2004 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wher did you get the paint done?
im lookin at gettin some new paint myself...
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TA23 turbo Crashed - with pics Thu, 10 June 2004 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you talking about the whole spray job on my car, or just the paint that was put on for the repair?
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: TA23 turbo Crashed - with pics Thu, 10 June 2004 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dunno, what ever turned out better.
im just on the lookout for a skilled spraypainter
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TA23 turbo Crashed - with pics Thu, 10 June 2004 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah ok, the repair was probly better, but I am from a place called Wagga Wagga so you probly wont come here for a respray, if your still interested I can give you the name and number if you like.
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: TA23 turbo Crashed - with pics Fri, 11 June 2004 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh, i dont think ill be driving to wagga wagga for a paintjob Laughing
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TA23 turbo Crashed - with pics Fri, 11 June 2004 17:58 Go to previous message
STR8 2.8 wrote on Fri, 11 June 2004 11:03

oh, i dont think ill be driving to wagga wagga for a paintjob Laughing

hehe, didnt think so.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Is it 'cause it's red
Next Topic:ma70 beats s13!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 23:56:15 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0093638896942139 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar