Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » what's you opinion on cyber-dating?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
what's you opinion on cyber-dating? Sat, 12 June 2004 10:15 Go to next message

cyber-dating[ 42 vote(s) ]
1.is good 21 / 50%
2.is bad 21 / 50%

hey I was wondering what are peoples opinion on this as I'm thinking about it as I'm tired of making a fool out of myself when drunk! or should i just ask this cute chick out at the servo I seen the other nite who I know nothing about? but seriously what do you think about cyber dating?

Send a private message to this user    
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: what's you opinion on cyber-dating? Sat, 12 June 2004 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seems ok, but never tried it most schemes have costs involved.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: what's you opinion on cyber-dating? Sat, 12 June 2004 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fuck dating, just ask the bitches if they want a root, if they say no, tell em to lay down while you have one Evil or Very Mad
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: what's you opinion on cyber-dating? Sat, 12 June 2004 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Sat, 12 June 2004 21:09

Fuck dating, just ask the bitches if they want a root, if they say no, tell em to lay down while you have one Evil or Very Mad

Laughing Laughing Laughing sounds like a plan!
silvercil40
Regular

August 2003
Re: what's you opinion on cyber-dating? Sat, 12 June 2004 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Booyaa to that!! Just walk and spit it out without even thinking about it, she won't hate you for trying. But if you've greasy hair, paisty skin and a faded black HL shirt, then cyber dating is your diamond in the rough.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: what's you opinion on cyber-dating? Sat, 12 June 2004 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wish I had a HL shirt Confused . I do have an ultima 9 shirt tho Razz.

by "cyber-dating" I assume you mean asking someone out over the net, not some weird equivilent of "cyber-sex".
If it's the former, I'm all for it. another way of trying to meet a suitable girl.
If it's the latter.... well, see my post on the wizard hat Smile
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: what's you opinion on cyber-dating? Sat, 12 June 2004 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I meant it as asking someone out over the net you never know I might meet someone interesting. Draven that wizzard hat post kicked arse! Laughing
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: what's you opinion on cyber-dating? Sat, 12 June 2004 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ICQ is a great way to find chicks, I met a few good one nighters on ICQ also met my girlfriend of 2 years.
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: what's you opinion on cyber-dating? Sat, 12 June 2004 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
best thing about cyber dating is that it doesn't matter how ugly you are, you can always pick up . . . worst thing is that sometimes that 18 year old "girl" could possibly be a 42 year old gay construction worker or someshit . . . that's why i rely on old fasion techniques such as "try before you buy"
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: what's you opinion on cyber-dating? Sat, 12 June 2004 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The problem with trying a servo chick on for size is what if they say no and you have to go to that servo again and again and again?

A-w-k-w-a-r-d.

Cyber-dating is wierd...I'd prefer to pick up IRL (so to speak) of course this is coming from a guy who hasn't had a date or a *boing* in over a year.
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: what's you opinion on cyber-dating? Sat, 12 June 2004 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha your all so open. whats up with that =p.

I'm not sure bout this 'cyber dating' but whats wrong with chatting to someone on the net for awhile, getting along well then meeting up somewhere to see if you get along (actually to just see if their pics werent fake... haha) and then taking it from there? Totally nothing wrong with it!

Servo chick -> DO NOT just ask outta nowhere 'wanna go out with me'. Because real life isnt the movies (ive found this out the hard way.. lol) Just get your petrol from there everytime you fill up and TALK TO HER. Dont just use 'seeing her a few times' as an excuse to ask her out because sure you like her but she prolly doesnt remember you unless you take action!. So just chat for a short time everytime you go in not for too long. And after awhile you can talk to her for abit longer, then see if she wants to do somethin =p..

btw which servo is this.. maybe i'll go check it out. Laughing
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: what's you opinion on cyber-dating? Sat, 12 June 2004 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you go to the same servo all the time, just ask the chick for a root everytime you go there. Eventually she'll get sick of you and probably say yes Very Happy Rolling Eyes
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: what's you opinion on cyber-dating? Sun, 13 June 2004 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
see . . . now that's thinkin!
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: what's you opinion on cyber-dating? Sun, 13 June 2004 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nothing wrong with it. It's just a new way of meeting people. I met my first real girlfriend online, and actualy was seaching for a girlfriend online when I met the second girlfriend (hey, it worked once). I have also made a good friend online, and dated one of her friends. Very Happy Then my current girlfriend of 2 and a half years met a friend of mine over the net, and then I met her at a party...

So if not for the internet, I would still not have had a girlfriend. YAY FOR THE INTERNET! Very Happy
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: what's you opinion on cyber-dating? Sun, 13 June 2004 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Sun, 13 June 2004 08:34

If you go to the same servo all the time, just ask the chick for a root everytime you go there. Eventually she'll get sick of you and probably say yes Very Happy Rolling Eyes

Laughing thanks for the advice!
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: what's you opinion on cyber-dating? Sun, 13 June 2004 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They don't call me the sex mechanic for nothing Rolling Eyes
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: what's you opinion on cyber-dating? Sun, 13 June 2004 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Sun, 13 June 2004 15:32

They don't call me the sex mechanic for nothing Rolling Eyes

Who calls you that?
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: what's you opinion on cyber-dating? Sun, 13 June 2004 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some guy that calls him self feral4mr2
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: what's you opinion on cyber-dating? Sun, 13 June 2004 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh... Okay, fair enough then... Carry on.
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: what's you opinion on cyber-dating? Mon, 14 June 2004 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you go on the net looking for a girl friend then i think you will get into trouble, if your just looking for a friend then its the way to go,

short history,

5 1/2 years ago looking for someone to talk to on the net found a girl in Hobart, started talking,

1 year later she came to sydney to meet up,

for the next 3 years we saw each other few times a year during school holidays ect, now she is living with me for the past year,

it can work out but i've heard of bad stories of ones which didn't work out, so be carefull

just like a car you want to road test it first before you decided to sign the lease
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: what's you opinion on cyber-dating? Mon, 14 June 2004 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GIN51E wrote on Mon, 14 June 2004 19:39

If you go on the net looking for a girl friend then i think you will get into trouble, if your just looking for a friend then its the way to go,

short history,

5 1/2 years ago looking for someone to talk to on the net found a girl in Hobart, started talking,

1 year later she came to sydney to meet up,

for the next 3 years we saw each other few times a year during school holidays ect, now she is living with me for the past year,

it can work out but i've heard of bad stories of ones which didn't work out, so be carefull

just like a car you want to road test it first before you decided to sign the lease

same here

almost the same story
replace hobart with sydney and sydney with brisbane and thats my story! worked great!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: what's you opinion on cyber-dating? Mon, 14 June 2004 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
replace hobart with melbourne, and "is living with me" with "hasn't spoken to me" and that's my story Razz
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: what's you opinion on cyber-dating? Mon, 14 June 2004 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing
nice one draven

pimp stylin!

edit: speeeelung

[Updated on: Mon, 14 June 2004 10:48]

SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: what's you opinion on cyber-dating? Mon, 14 June 2004 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm really unsure about this way of dating personally, I myself am deprived of a women at the moment, and the thought of cruising along the net and finding a chick i would get along well with (in bed) has crossed my mind, but I sort of abanded that idea ever since i got a virus on my computer and came to the conclusion that the internet is dodgy. Laughing
But in all seriousness, i prefer to chase or let the girls come to me (like they always do), theres just something artificial about cyber-dating, but maybe i havent given it a chance so i might never know what might arise from it.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: what's you opinion on cyber-dating? Mon, 14 June 2004 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SillyCar88 wrote on Mon, 14 June 2004 22:26

I'm really unsure about this way of dating personally, I myself am deprived of a women at the moment, and the thought of cruising along the net and finding a chick i would get along well with (in bed) has crossed my mind, but I sort of abanded that idea ever since i got a virus on my computer and came to the conclusion that the internet is dodgy. Laughing
But in all seriousness, i prefer to chase or let the girls come to me (like they always do), theres just something artificial about cyber-dating, but maybe i havent given it a chance so i might never know what might arise from it.

The artificialness of it is kinda the point. It's different.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: what's you opinion on cyber-dating? Mon, 14 June 2004 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I too have made a few friends off the net...

But I would never search for a g/f at all... After hearing all the stories that are on the news all the time about it, no thanks...
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: what's you opinion on cyber-dating? Mon, 14 June 2004 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Mon, 14 June 2004 20:44

replace hobart with melbourne, and "is living with me" with "hasn't spoken to me" and that's my story Razz

Got pic?

hehehehhe

Allan
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: what's you opinion on cyber-dating? Mon, 14 June 2004 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
several actually....
and "no" to your next question Razz
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: what's you opinion on cyber-dating? Mon, 14 June 2004 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pfft, News. Like I said, first girlfriend off net, second girlfriend I actualy searched for online, third I met through a friend I met online, and the girl I am with now met a friend of mine online, and we met when he took her to a party. So yeah, no horror stories. Well, beyond normal relationship bullshit that I probably woulda gotten no matter how I met them.
jaikat
Regular

June 2004
Re: what's you opinion on cyber-dating? Tue, 15 June 2004 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What's the difference between online and or meeting at a night club, you would get more info out of a person online then you would standing in a dark corner of a club trying to talk over the music playing. It doesn't work.

If you chatting online and you get the feeling it's going well meet them in person see if you can actually get along and or feel attracted. You've got to remember they could turn up and feel like doing the bolt just as much as you do. Bonus.... if there is sparks. my 2c worth

Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: what's you opinion on cyber-dating? Thu, 17 June 2004 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
put it this way...9/10 times if u are chatting with a hot chiq behind the screen, usually they wont bother chatting with you much because there's 100000000 over guys chatting with her at the same time orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr she has a BF..

a below average looking girl will be the ones who will talk to you with more enthusiast..cause she's in the same boat as u...

but who knows maybe u are one lucky bastard that the hot chiq wanna get jiggy with it and u were her lucky kebab for the night.. Very Happy

hmm..if ya wanna see some hotgirls online..ermm..join www.friendster.com, and dont forget to add me..
tribaltattoo_superstyling@yahoo.com Very Happy
lyle-act
Regular

June 2004
Re: what's you opinion on cyber-dating? Thu, 17 June 2004 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh, i did the whole 'internet dating' thing for a fair while. I can see how it does work, but i never got anything 'serious' out of it and 7/10 chicks i met were pretty on the 'no thanks' side.

My current gf of 1 1/2yrs i met when i was really really bent at a mates place... i dunno wtf i must of said but it worked cause 2 days later i was getting sms's n shit...

Man, if you're keen, just ask. Just be relaxed about it, what have you got to lose?
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: what's you opinion on cyber-dating? Thu, 17 June 2004 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm not a fan, prefer old fashioned style of actually seeing a person before you start hitting on them (no i'm not shallow, i'm the same as the rest of you Twisted Evil Twisted Evil )

i can see how it is easier for people on the net tho, it's so easy to talk to people and it just doesn't seem so personal, still not my cuppa tea
jaikat
Regular

June 2004
Re: what's you opinion on cyber-dating? Thu, 17 June 2004 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lyle-act wrote
heh, i did the whole 'internet dating' thing for a fair while. I can see how it does work, but i never got anything 'serious' out of it and 7/10 chicks i met were pretty on the 'no thanks' side.

Can I just ask one question... Did you at any point ever indicate that you were looking for something "Serious"?

If you put it on a chick who you barely know, the chances are you will always get a no as an answer unless there is some exceptional circumstance of who cares lets go for it, in which case there will never be a "real relationship".
griminir
Regular

October 2003
Re: what's you opinion on cyber-dating? Thu, 17 June 2004 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://.www.friendsbeyondthewall.com
http://writeaprisoner.com
Very Happy
Death row inmates lookin for lurve!

I think trawling ICQ or messenger is in most cases a bad idea, especially if you don't have a picture profile. I loathe it when I get incoming messages from anonymous folk looking to score. You'd probably find your patience quickly wanes with opening statements like "wanna fuck?" and things can quickly degenerate to a reply of "yeah sure I'll fuck you. With a big nail-encrusted stick." This kinda shite is only appropriate if the recipient has already indicated they're looking for a root, ie by way of a personal ad or similar.

Having said that, cyber dating can be successful. I know a few couples who met that way and have been together a long while. I think the key is caution!

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: what's you opinion on cyber-dating? Thu, 17 June 2004 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what's my opinion you ask?

so who wants to date me?

Very Happy
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: what's you opinion on cyber-dating? Fri, 13 August 2004 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a fuck load of friends i've never met cuz i'vemet them over the net.
I've alsot got a fuckload of sex from girls who have got 2 know the real me instead of judging me by who my friends r.
Go the net dating i recon aslong as at somestage u get 2 meet up instead of just talking like u will.
andrij
Regular

December 2003
Re: what's you opinion on cyber-dating? Sat, 14 August 2004 01:25 Go to previous message
I think it is great, once you weed out the liars, tho.

That is how i met my girlfriend, and i could not be happier.....
well, i could, if we won the lotto, and i could spend all day playing with toyotas Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:I put on my wizard hat....
Next Topic:Best Insult
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:46:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0070960521697998 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.