Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
INFO: 2T-G sump sensor Fri, 11 June 2004 02:07 Go to next message
Hi,

What's the sensor in the side of my 2T-G sump; oil temperature, oil pressure, or something else?
What is the pinout?
Impedence type?
What is the signal range?

Thanks in advance!

-SSI (doesn't have a manual)
  Send a private message to this user    
7mgtema71
Regular

May 2002
Re: INFO: 2T-G sump sensor Fri, 11 June 2004 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The sensor/sender unit for my oil temp gauge sits on the bolt just under the imtake manifold. Don't know of any sensor though. Maybe your's has been modified to siut an external oil pressure/temp gauge???
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: INFO: 2T-G sump sensor Fri, 11 June 2004 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, its for the oil temp gauge. I have a pic of the gauge on my site
http://users.chariot.net.au/~stmezz/simons.htm

Yes, they are very rare and I don't know where you will find one in Australia if you wanted one.

Cheers,
Simon

Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: INFO: 2T-G sump sensor Sun, 13 June 2004 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TA22 GT wrote on Fri, 11 June 2004 23:10

Yep, its for the oil temp gauge. I have a pic of the gauge on my site
http://users.chariot.net.au/~stmezz/simons.htm

Yes, they are very rare and I don't know where you will find one in Australia if you wanted one.

Cheers,
Simon

Do you have any information in regard to the type (ie. Impedance, Voltage, etc.), operating range (ie. 2-20mV, 0.3-2.5oh, etc.) and pinout?

Thanks in advance.
CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: INFO: 2T-G sump sensor Sun, 13 June 2004 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually it is a oil level if it is in the sump late 2tg had them ,also the oil temp sender was under the fuel pump and was not in the sump as i had a ta22gtv with the works and it had the 27 front on it as well
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: INFO: 2T-G sump sensor Sun, 13 June 2004 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RA45,
The sender unit is under the fuel pump on a GT or GTV, its for oil pressure. The sump had the oil temp sensor.
I've never heard of an oil level switch?
Did your TA22 GTV have an oil level warning somewhere? Mine has oil pressure and oil temperature as standard.
This is also shown in my original TA22 GT owners manual.
The "OK monitor" doesn't even have a warning light for oil level.

Maybe yours is a later model or something

Cheers,
Simon
CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: INFO: 2T-G sump sensor Sun, 13 June 2004 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you have a look closely the oil temp switch bolts to the main gallery ,i know where the pressure 1 is the oil level 1s came out in 1976 onwards in TA23and te47 and te71 corollas
the oil temp came out in 1973models mostly jap domestic TA27/RA25liftbacks and TA22/RA21 celica coupes look at the main oil feed that goes along it is very close to the fuel pump you will see a casting that has a 30mm rise that is where the oil temp screwed into it is a smaller sender than the water temp 1 ,from memory very close to the engine mount as well have alook also the oil temp sender s came out in my TE27 levin i used to own as well
SRacin
Regular

March 2004

Re: INFO: 2T-G sump sensor Mon, 14 June 2004 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My te71 2tgeu, has the panel on the side of the sump, which i also presume is oil level if im correct, from memory pretty sure the dash didnt have oil temp anywhere... Anyway Im just going to use the panel to put an aftermarket oil temp sender in (and run a gauge of course)

Logan
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: INFO: 2T-G sump sensor Mon, 14 June 2004 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your replies; Glenn the motor is 88260 so later model post 1976 I presume. Do you know the range of the sender at all? Thanks again.
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: INFO: 2T-G sump sensor Mon, 14 June 2004 13:02 Go to previous message
RA45,
As you said ,the later models were a little different to the 74 TA22.
I replaced my original 2TG with a 3T GTE so I cant check the oil lines anymore.
I used the oil sensor near the water housing on the 3T GTE and the guage works fine.

Cheers,
Simon
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE86 suspension
Next Topic:Microtech conection problems
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 15:53:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04446005821228 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.