Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Sun, 13 June 2004 15:02 Go to next message

THE FASTEST CAR IS . . .[ 57 vote(s) ]
1.a) supra 4 / 7%
2.b)skyline godzilla N1 9 / 16%
3.c) corona 9 / 16%
4.d) porshe GT2 30 / 53%
5.e) VW beetle 5 / 9%

so, what really is the fastest car out of these high performance vehicles? Confused

Send a private message to this user    
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Sun, 13 June 2004 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Talk about a loaded poll...I mean all of those cars (bar two) can be quick at a certain task.

I voted GT2 because it's simply awesome on the race track.
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Sun, 13 June 2004 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
voted corona as only one of those ive experienced driving and subsequently feel at home commenting upon
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Sun, 13 June 2004 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol, yeah, the corona's are a beast (appearence wise, not in a good way either) but i think the GT2 has it over all of them
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Sun, 13 June 2004 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fast in a line? Fast out of the box? Fast after being modified? Fast around the track? Fast to acellerate? Fast in the pants? Fast as a highly modified race car? Fast as in top speed? Fast at or around the speed limit? Fast around corners? What kind fast are you talking about?

[Updated on: Sun, 13 June 2004 15:42]

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Sun, 13 June 2004 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
...oops, double post. Silly me.

[Updated on: Sun, 13 June 2004 15:43]

NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Sun, 13 June 2004 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fast, all round straight out of the factory. . .
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Sun, 13 June 2004 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Porsche. But I would hope so for the price tag.
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Sun, 13 June 2004 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol, yeah. but when you think about it, for the money you spend ona porsche, you could have a 6 second 572ci LJ torana and still have enough money left to line your garage with gold
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Sun, 13 June 2004 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And that is why I would get a JZA80 and modify it rather than getting a Porsche. But out of the box, I would have to say the GT2 is 'faster' than a GTR.
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Sun, 13 June 2004 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn straight. i was just thinkin . . . sorry to all those real rolla owners but it really shits me everytime i see some P plater thinking that they're king shit cause they have a leaky exhaust and 16valve stikers on their 87 stock rolla. . . is anyone else with me on this?
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Sun, 13 June 2004 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is an amount of rice that is acceptable on a car.
On a Rolla, new rims on a stock twin cam are acceptable. A big chrome tip is only acceptable if you have the extractors back exhaust to match it. A body kit is acceptable on a Twin Cam Corolla that has an exhaust, some engine work and suspension mods. What is NOT acceptable is a bunch of stickers, body kit, racing stripes and stick on vents on a stock 4A-C Sprinter!
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Sun, 13 June 2004 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yup, damn straight. when i get my RA65. every cent goes straight to the engine, stock paint job. the only slightly noticable external differece will be lowered suspension by 2 inches and an exhaust system with a real tip, not one of those stupid bloody 16cm wide stainless steel mufflers. keep it a sleeper. have to get rid of my TA22 first but
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Sun, 13 June 2004 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
teh gtr can nevah l00se
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Sun, 13 June 2004 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
believe it or not . . . they can, so can the VW Beetle . . .
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Mon, 14 June 2004 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PORCHSE GT2 would flog them all! Very Happy
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Mon, 14 June 2004 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NILE8U wrote on Mon, 14 June 2004 01:52

lol, yeah. but when you think about it, for the money you spend ona porsche, you could have a 6 second 572ci LJ torana and still have enough money left to line your garage with gold

but can you have that legally street registered?
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Mon, 14 June 2004 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

but you'd still be a dodgy bogan
i'd rather class and 30 years of engineering a floored engine design

i'm a big fan of the germans
porsche gt2 all the way...and to complete my garage, the daily driver shall be a manual E39 M5 *drools*
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Mon, 14 June 2004 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cyber-punk wrote on Mon, 14 June 2004 12:38

but you'd still be a dodgy bogan
i'd rather class and 30 years of engineering a floored engine design

i'm a big fan of the germans
porsche gt2 all the way...and to complete my garage, the daily driver shall be a manual E39 M5 *drools*

Does the Torrie go around Corners as well as the Porsche?

[Updated on: Mon, 14 June 2004 02:44]

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Mon, 14 June 2004 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmms ..

GTR N1 or a Gt2 - Stock - Porsche all the way

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Mon, 14 June 2004 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2JZ-GTE Surpa that looks like this for me. With a decent exaust, new turbo, new front mount, new computer and tuning to make it happy.
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Mon, 14 June 2004 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why would you want a LHD supra? Rolling Eyes
HooN
Regular

May 2002
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Mon, 14 June 2004 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is a pretty bad poll. Chalk and Cheese. GT2 is trumps over everything else.

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Mon, 14 June 2004 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cyber-punk wrote on Mon, 14 June 2004 13:42

why would you want a LHD supra? Rolling Eyes

You would have to point out the ONE THING wrong with it wouldn't you?
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Mon, 14 June 2004 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well a better pole would have been the supra and the GTR, Porsche would take them all to school on the track, not sure about straight line run. The supra would lose to the GTR over 400m, but over 1000 the supra would easily pull away, anyone seen that video of GTR and the Supra going at it?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Mon, 14 June 2004 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dumbest poll ever..
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Mon, 14 June 2004 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Mon, 14 June 2004 17:23

dumbest poll ever..

oh come on now its not that bad I didn't see Excel as an option so its not that bad
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Mon, 14 June 2004 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go Porsche Razz It'd better be the quickest for that $00000 price tag
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Mon, 14 June 2004 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldn't wast my money,

i'd buy a Mercedes Benz SL65 AMG

460kw
1000Nm
V12 bi-turbo

reaches peak torque at like 2,000rpm

now thats what i call a performance car,

with all the comfort items Very Happy

"Edit" Also its limited too 1000Nm as the 7 speed auto can't handle anymore power going into it. Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Mon, 14 June 2004 09:46]

lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Mon, 14 June 2004 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theres nothing to decide, the porsche is the fastest
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Mon, 14 June 2004 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey . . . ae86drift . . . the poll can't be that bad when you think about it, more people have chatted on my two polls the most recently, it cures boredom and the outrageous subject topics evoke some pretty humorous replys.
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Mon, 14 June 2004 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He is mad cause there is no "86" listed up there... Laughing
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Mon, 14 June 2004 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when i think about it, it was a close call between the VW beetle and the sprinter for the 5th car but, in the end, the convertible beetle reels in the chick, a sprinter just makes them laugh . .. they don't understand hp when they see it . . . all they see is a funny lookin corolla
Backspace
Regular

May 2003
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Mon, 14 June 2004 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tyottsoarer wrote on Mon, 14 June 2004 16:35

Well a better pole would have been the supra and the GTR, Porsche would take them all to school on the track, not sure about straight line run. The supra would lose to the GTR over 400m, but over 1000 the supra would easily pull away, anyone seen that video of GTR and the Supra going at it?

The GT2 would win in a straight line too.
The GT2 does (Road & Track test) an 11.9@120mph
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Tue, 15 June 2004 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I voted for teh GT2 because there was no provision for KE20's there.

If that R&T time is correct then that is packing some serious whoop-ass.

truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Tue, 15 June 2004 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NILE8U wrote on Tue, 15 June 2004 00:18

when i think about it, it was a close call between the VW beetle and the sprinter for the 5th car but, in the end, the convertible beetle reels in the chick, a sprinter just makes them laugh . .. they don't understand hp when they see it . . . all they see is a funny lookin corolla

and they would see an ra65 as a crap brick/boat, an ugly one at that, i buy cars to drive not to get chicks, i thort that was for posers?
lyle-act
Regular

June 2004
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Tue, 15 June 2004 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh... i voted for the VW cause a) i drive a VW, and b) my uncles Beetle had a bathurst rotary in it and won Bathurst Hill climb 3 times in a row in it...

Though he was able to get a 2L Kombi motor machined to 2.6L and got faster times in that... shame it overheated after 3 laps Laughing
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Tue, 15 June 2004 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lyle-act wrote on Tue, 15 June 2004 16:13

oh... i voted for the VW cause a) i drive a VW, and b) my uncles Beetle had a bathurst rotary in it and won Bathurst Hill climb 3 times in a row in it...

Though he was able to get a 2L Kombi motor machined to 2.6L and got faster times in that... shame it overheated after 3 laps Laughing

Was that car light green or black , late model 74ish ? He runs a Vw performance center in NSW ?
lyle-act
Regular

June 2004
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Tue, 15 June 2004 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Na his was a light blue grey horrible colour lol

He had a VW,BMW,Audi joint in Artarmon which he got rid of a fair few years back and then moved to qld and started a mobile repair type thing...
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Tue, 15 June 2004 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trust me, i'm not buying cars to impress chicks . . . why would i have a 1990 magna then? why am i selling my celica considdering my girl friend( yes that's right, another reason not to worry about appealing cars to chicks) loves my celica, she loves how small the celica is, how loud the celica is and how fast the celica is . . .
Toy Yoda
Regular

March 2004
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Tue, 15 June 2004 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pfffftttt SL65 AMG is a grandpa car compared to the Bugatti Veyron...

8 litres of W16 goodness, quad turbo, good for peak 1001hp@6,000 RPM and peak torque of 1250nm from 2,200 thru 5,500 RPM. At all four wheels.

Good for 0-100 in 3 seconds (redline in first 7,000 RPM)

and....0-300km in i'm pretty sure 13.8 (i know under 14 seconds) Close to redline in fifth.

Top speed of 413 km/h topping out in seventh....and you just know it could get there!

No quarter mile times that i could find unfortunately

Sure it costs close to $2 million AUD...BUT WHOA!!!

Just thought i'd add, from what i have read, none are coming to Australia, but some kiwi guy has bought one... Sad
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Wed, 16 June 2004 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
might have to make a new poll between the VW beetle CONVERTIBLE and the bugatti veyron . . . i think it'll be close, even closer if i use the corona instead of the beetle
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Wed, 16 June 2004 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toy Yoda wrote on Tue, 15 June 2004 22:38

8 litres of W16 goodness, quad turbo, good for peak 1001hp @ 6,000 RPM and peak torque of 1250nm from 2,200 thru 5,500 RPM. At all four wheels.

How the crap does a W config work? Does it have 2 crankshafts, and some kinda gears or a chain that links both cranks to one flywheel or something?
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Wed, 16 June 2004 20:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I voted Corona because, on race day, my Corona was faster than a Supra, a Godzilla and a Beetle.
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Thu, 17 June 2004 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn . . . are you serious or are you just talking about fastest to the pits? seriously, what's done to it?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Thu, 17 June 2004 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Wed, 16 June 2004 23:27

Toy Yoda wrote on Tue, 15 June 2004 22:38

8 litres of W16 goodness, quad turbo, good for peak 1001hp @ 6,000 RPM and peak torque of 1250nm from 2,200 thru 5,500 RPM. At all four wheels.

How the crap does a W config work? Does it have 2 crankshafts, and some kinda gears or a chain that links both cranks to one flywheel or something?

Think of it basically as two of VW's narrow-angle V engines sharing a common crank in their own V formation.
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Thu, 17 June 2004 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, last year i was reading my street machine mag and saw a short aticle on the new cadilac . . . that has a W16, 1000hp, 1000nm torque. . . crazy shyte, straight out of the factory.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Thu, 17 June 2004 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think an X24 would be better. For when one V12 engine isn't enough! BOLT THEM TOGETHER! Very Happy And then supercharge it. Man WW2 aircraft where crazy.
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Thu, 17 June 2004 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there's a guy in Vic who put a WW2 P51 mustang fighter plane's rolls royce merlin 27L supercharged V12 into a 1955 chev sports coupe. 2270Kw or 3000Hp to the wheels. . . road registered. it's true, it's in street machine
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: WHAT CAR IS FASTER ... YOU DECIDE! Thu, 17 June 2004 12:38 Go to previous message
ok . . . anyone wanna buy a early 1972 TA22 2TG 5 speed?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:dorifto piccies!!! any 1 has any?
Next Topic:sexiest part of body is...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:34:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0086050033569336 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.