Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
pulcino
Regular

November 2002
4AGTE cold start Mon, 14 June 2004 00:33 Go to next message
Heres the thing: When I put my last turbo on I diddnt hook up the cold start water hoses cos I used there outlet to go to the turbo.This wasnt an issue till I got a shift kit in my automatic. Then cos it idled at 1200rpm in park when I put it into gear It clunked.The idle screw was out of adjustment so I pulled the throttle body off and made a new gasket that effectively blanked the air passages off so it diddnt work any more at all.
Diddnt cause a problem with cold start just have ta crack the throttle and sit with it for a few seconds.But seams to have made an unbelievable difference to driving response and performance. PLEASE EXPLAIN??????
  Send a private message to this user    
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 4AGTE cold start Mon, 14 June 2004 02:41 Go to previous message
so previously you DID NOT blank off the cold idle up passages on the underside of the TB?

If you did not, then what was happening was air was constantly passing through those cold idle up passages PAST the butterfly and giving you a higher MAP reading hence you were running rich (less differential pressure across the butterfly).

When you blanked it off, the differential pressure became correct, hence the improved performance due to correct MAP readings.

You see, it works by the temp of the water - when the water got hot, those passages closed off and air flowed normally. When the water is cold those passages are open and the car runs rich. Of course when there is no water, the temp never reached the 70-80degC odd that closes those passages.
  Send a private message to this user    
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:What turbo flange is this?
Next Topic:AE86 Chassis Reinforcements?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 13:13:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057010650634766 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.