Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Dodgy tacho and instruments Sun, 13 June 2004 14:18 Go to next message
Just wondering if anyone knows the cause of an unresponsive tacho?? Its in a stock sprinter and the needle moves real slow, and when driving, it normally just sits at 2500-3000, regardless of engine speed.
Also odo and backlights don't work. Getting in there with a wiring diagram and tester soon, but if anyone has had a similar problem, any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Steve
  Send a private message to this user    
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: Dodgy tacho and instruments Sun, 13 June 2004 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the search button usually helps...
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=34629&rid=3968&S=473a6c2966eca24df051d7f 4228ba7d9&pl_view=&start=0#msg_305225

You start with taking of the switch covers, then the nuts, then the bolts from the dash 3 under near tacho and ometer, and 1 either side down the bottom, covered by speaker cover on rigfht and next to some interior on the left, drop the wheel, pull it out. Take out the switch, unplug it, clean up the contact parts, and solder ever little bit on the circut board inside the switch. put back together and reverse steps.

ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Re: Dodgy tacho and instruments Mon, 14 June 2004 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was searching using "tacho" and "instruments" as keywords. Bit more lateral thinking, i guess.

Will checking all the contact points also fix the tacho?? thats my main problem at the moment, cos i can't tell what rpm I am doing.

Cheers
Steve

[Updated on: Mon, 14 June 2004 02:06]

Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: Dodgy tacho and instruments Mon, 14 June 2004 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im not too sure about the tacho, i know where it is in teh engine bay, maybe the line is not getting a good enough connection :S

But this should fix your lights, and you dont really need a tacho, although its nice to have things working Smile

Matt
ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Re: Dodgy tacho and instruments Mon, 14 June 2004 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your help with the lights though. It works now, but the dimmer is a bit dodgy. Can i bypass it and just put those two wires coming off it together instead?

And no one else has any idea about the tacho??

Thanks
Steve
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: Dodgy tacho and instruments Mon, 14 June 2004 15:09 Go to previous message
Most probably could a bout the dimmer, but first dont chop no wires, just un solder it, and stick them together and see what happens, but most probs it will work.

soz i cant help you on the tacho :S
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1ggze speedo input?
Next Topic:What stud pattern???
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 08:42:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055990219116211 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.