Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Queensland REVS is a Ripoff!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Queensland REVS is a Ripoff! Tue, 15 June 2004 01:01 Go to next message
I've recently purchased a car last registered in Queensland. Prior to it's purchase I called the Queensland REVS number to check for any encumbrance's, and was told that a full search on the vehicle would cost me over $17 and what was my credit card number?

This came as a shock to me as every other state I have ever previously called has done a search over the phone for free, and I don't actually have a credit card. Upon pointing these facts out, I asked to speak to the supervisor and was then put through to an unmannned extension, then disconnected after being asked to leave a messege - I'm still waiting for the call back!

Not accepting this, I called the Qld Dept of Transport, where I gave up after 16 minutes on hold listening to how I could claim back any GST credits back if I was registered for such, access to Tram infomation, and if I would like my details changed, even though I live in WA! The background elevator music was also nauseating!

I than called the NSW REVS check line on 02 3246 1599, and got all the info I required for free!!! I'd suggest anybody in Queensland who has bothered to listen to my whinge, and requiring REVS info on a car or boat there, also do the same as all the eastern state databases are linked, with Queensland being the only one to charge for the service either via certificate or over the phone .

Queensland, beautiful one day, ..., a fucken ripoff the next!
  Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Queensland REVS is a Ripoff! Tue, 15 June 2004 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It think its just you who has been ripped off. The last time I rang REVs I got all the info I needed over the phone for free, but seeing that word of mouth over the phone doesnt not mean shit in court I paid the $12 to get the peice of paper.
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Queensland REVS is a Ripoff! Thu, 17 June 2004 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

The last time I rang REVs I got all the info I needed over the phone for free

then you got done a favour...we have always had to pay to get a revs check...hell when i was working for a finance company looking after car loans we had to send an authorisation form through before revs would give us any info Rolling Eyes

sounds like you dialled the normal qld transport number clint Confused ...or was it the interstate number? either way i can sympathise..qld transport customer service people have the combined IQ of 1 council worker (imo Evil or Very Mad )
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Queensland REVS is a Ripoff! Thu, 17 June 2004 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go double post!

[Updated on: Thu, 17 June 2004 23:33]

monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Queensland REVS is a Ripoff! Thu, 17 June 2004 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You know what's more of a rip off? Paying cash for a car, then finding out sometime later that it's under finance and there is sfa you can do about it.

The REV's check can be done on the NSW website for free as CLG said all the eastern db's are linked. Though if you pay money for the cert it holds for 24hours giving you a grace period if anything goes wrong.
DunkyMonkey
Regular

March 2004
Re: Queensland REVS is a Ripoff! Sat, 19 June 2004 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes the QLD certificate is to be held to prove there was no finace that you know of, its set up that if you buy the car within 24 hours of purchasing the rev cert, you can't be held accountable for the finace on the car i believe. mine cost me 10.70 i think hard to remember it was like 4 months ago.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Queensland REVS is a Ripoff! Sat, 19 June 2004 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DunkyMonkey wrote on Sat, 19 June 2004 11:42

yes the QLD certificate is to be held to prove there was no finace that you know of, its set up that if you buy the car within 24 hours of purchasing the rev cert, you can't be held accountable for the finace on the car i believe. mine cost me 10.70 i think hard to remember it was like 4 months ago.

This is eaxctly right. You can get word over the phone but this means shit and wont cover you. The cert you pay for covers you for 24hrs.
Hot Celica
Regular

March 2004
Re: Queensland REVS is a Ripoff! Sat, 19 June 2004 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why are you whinging about $15
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Queensland REVS is a Ripoff! Thu, 24 June 2004 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm whinging because a REVS check provides more than just finacial information about a car - FOR WHICH I WAS CHASING. The very fact that the infomation I was seeking was available over the phone through the NSW REVS department, proves those people who follow all the other sheep and pay for what I believe has become a recently semi privatised Government body, should really speak up as it seems to me you're paying a tax twice! I also find it strange QLD is the only state that charges it's residents for the infomation?!?!

NickAE86, yep I called both QLD REVS, and got no where, then called the QLD Dept of Transport - after waiting 16 minutes on hold, I gave up and called the lovely people in NSW. I concur regarding your statement on QLD customer service too!!!
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Queensland REVS is a Ripoff! Fri, 25 June 2004 11:52 Go to previous message
CLG wrote on Thu, 24 June 2004 20:21

... NickAE86, yep I called both QLD REVS, and got no where, then called the QLD Dept of Transport - after waiting 16 minutes on hold, I gave up and called the lovely people in NSW. I concur regarding your statement on QLD customer service too!!!

actually, i think it used to be manditory for Qld Transport to give you crap customer service.

Ive met some rude bastards, but most of the Sherwood and Toowoomba DoT staff seemed to have Masters degrees in Barstardry.

tho my last two visits to DoT in the city have been the opposite - talkative, smiling, not-suspicious - was genuinely surprised. maybe they were on work experience?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:How to make your car faster. EASY!
Next Topic:RA65 Speakers
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Jun 1 08:50:15 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0037310123443604 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.