Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » BUMP! -Did any of you guys (CELICA/camry owners) end up ordering the rims?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
BUMP! -Did any of you guys (CELICA/camry owners) end up ordering the rims? Tue, 15 June 2004 01:38 Go to next message

Want Wheels?[ 16 vote(s) ]
1.I NEED these wheels too! 8 / 50%
2.Rack off: the rims are whack 4 / 25%
3.I like them, but want Gunmetal 4 / 25%
4.I like them, but Silver floats my boat 0 / 0%

BUMP!! Check the last few replies for ordering details and stuff.

A call to arms if you will, my Celica driving bretheren.

I'm in the diabolical bind of having found the PERFECT wheels for my '90 coupe, 17"x7", in my stud pattern, offset etc. etc. Aswell as being in the same colour as those seen on the ST185 GT-4 WRC Cars!!!

AND THEY'RE CHEAP!

The bind is - none in Australia, and none in Lenso's warehouse o/s.

Gnnnnrrrghhhhh!!!!!

I need 15+ orders (or thereabouts) to get a batch made and imported in our spec, so..... . . . .

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/7/web/355000-355999/355233_38_full.jpg
The Wheels: $1500 for a set WITH tyres!

http://www.fortunecity.com/silverstone/toyota/80/rallypl/ba9.jpg
The front rim

http://www.fortunecity.com/silverstone/toyota/80/rallypl/w5.jpg
Not bad, eh?

http://www.rallycars.com/Cars/Toyota_GT4/Images/st185-1.jpg
Real-Deal O.Z. Racing alloys: Current chrono-evolution rims cost $600-800 EACH!

http://www.rallygallery.com/whole_events/mewla%202003/mewla2003_img_5066.jpg
In Action.

You get the idea, anyway.

plz leave thoughts or expressions of interest in thread.

If there's a response, and the majority of people want another colour then I guess it's majority rules. Have to cross that bridge if I get to it. Might be able to get a mixed batch.

Email me: aus_imports@yahoo.com

or msg me through this site

[Updated on: Tue, 06 July 2004 10:20]

Send a private message to this user    
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: CELICA owners: this thread needs YOU!! Tue, 15 June 2004 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be interested in about six to twelve months. Currently already have a car loan + credit car is full Smile

But yeah, I'll put my hand up then.

What stud pattern though? I thought they were 5 stud on the 185, but those pics look like 4 stud?

[Updated on: Tue, 15 June 2004 02:57]

st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
5-Stud is a beeeatch!! Tue, 15 June 2004 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They have been made in 5-stud, but there's just no stock available anywhere I can find at the moment. Hence the need to make an order Sad (I need 5x100, b.t.w. - so does the ST204/5)

Most pics are in 4-stud, coz' that's what the Honda Civic and Nissan 200SX dudes use, and they're a whole lot more prolific on the 'net than Celicas. The Civic & 200SX are 4x100, so if the centre bore and offset are the same, other 4x100 stud people might be able to source stock from somewhere.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: CELICA owners: this thread needs YOU!! Tue, 15 June 2004 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah - even those pics of the Celicas look like four stud wheels, that's what I thought was wierd!
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: CELICA owners: this thread needs YOU!! Tue, 15 June 2004 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd be pretty keen... I always like to buy 5 rims though (so if you break one of the bastards your not screwed)

Spose then I'd have four sets of wheels for my celica Very Happy
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CELICA owners: this thread needs YOU!! Tue, 15 June 2004 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats the price difference between them and the genuine Oz racing rims , that are acually in those pictures ?

drft spec - st167
Regular

November 2003
Re: CELICA owners: this thread needs YOU!! Tue, 15 June 2004 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill love em,. i take them. how big 16 or 17's?
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: CELICA owners: this thread needs YOU!! Wed, 16 June 2004 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go the oz racing Smile

they are such a nice rim. ive been trying to hunt down a set at the right price for the aw11. a shade difficult as most of the 4 stud ones are 4x114.3 Sad

that said i bet the oz weigh a stack less then the lenso and are tougher.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Weight, price, O.Z. Racing wheels etc. Wed, 16 June 2004 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, dunno why the Rally cars have 4-stud rims FWDboy, you'd think that more studs would be stronger! I've been told that some rims aren't made in 5x100 because the small stud-centre-diameter leaves too small a gap between the wheel studs and the centre hub, making the rim centre prone to cracking and breaking.

Sweeto Toobs - what rimz do you currently have? I'm thinking 5 rims too, as it'd cheap piece of mind at only $230 extra.

Yo Classique! there's a second hand set of the OZ Racing here: http://www.option1garage.com.au/xxwheels.htm http://www.option1garage.com.au/images/wheels004.jpg

But they're in 4x114.3 hubs, and 16"x16.5" - $780 2nd hand. If ONLY they were 5x100 and 17"x7" I'd be rolling on some stylin' muddaPhreakin rimz. BooYAH!

I've asked in 3 different wheel stores about the O.Z. Racing Chrono Evolution - the road car interpretation of their famous 5-spoke Racing wheels. Forged, super-lightweight (for non-magnesium alloy) and Smooooth.... http://www.pdm-racing.com/products/imag/wheels/oz_CRONO-EVOLUTION.jpg
Available in practically all stud patterns, at around $700 per wheel!!!! WITHOUT TYRES!

And Toof- at that price, tha O.Z. Racing wheels would WANT to be lighter and stronger than cast wheels that cost 1/3 the price!! The Lenso VPD's are lighter than most cast wheels I've seen though - 17lbs (7.6kg) per wheel in 17x7inch.

What stud pattern is your ST167, drift_spec ? I'll be getting 5x100mm if I get enough orders.

Price I've been quoted is $1500 for a set with tyres. The rims are approx. $230 each.
drft spec - st167
Regular

November 2003
Re: CELICA owners: this thread needs YOU!! Thu, 17 June 2004 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got 5x100, st162 with i htink 38 0ffset
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: CELICA owners: this thread needs YOU!! Thu, 17 June 2004 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just curious would 16x7 or 17x7 but with a +30mm offset. i can source a few sets second hand generally in pretty good nick but i cant seem to get my hands on any in +38mm only +30mm.

im guessing that should fit ok. but someone should be able to clear that up. similar price to that other second hand set listed above.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: CELICA owners: this thread needs YOU!! Thu, 17 June 2004 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
argh i really need to check if its me or my gf logged in.. argh . if ppl are interested and th +30mm offset is ok. i should be able to source some in the next few months.
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: CELICA owners: this thread needs YOU!! Thu, 17 June 2004 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would they fit an SV21 Camry?
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: CELICA owners: this thread needs YOU!! Thu, 17 June 2004 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check the tyre plaquard in your glovebox... it should tell you all the details on your wheels
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: CELICA owners: this thread needs YOU!! Thu, 17 June 2004 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What tyres are going on? Cause I don't mind finding my own set of tyres especially seeing as I'd probably only use those tyres for tarmac rallies.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Wheel+Tyre package: Fri, 18 June 2004 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I figure that 4 rims will cost around $900, leaving $600 or so for the tyres in the package. Ahmad didn't say what the tyres were, but you'd be able to spec just about any tyres you like.

Of course, this is IF i can russle-up another 10+ orders for these babies. any ideas folks?
lockstar
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: CELICA owners: this thread needs YOU!! Fri, 18 June 2004 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i might be interested as well. so that would make 9+ orders to find
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: CELICA owners: this thread needs YOU!! Sat, 19 June 2004 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: CELICA owners: this thread needs YOU!! Sun, 20 June 2004 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interested in a set of five wheels if they can be guaranteed to suit a ST205 with the four spot front callipers (not only do the callipers sit a long way out to the face of the wheel, but the "CELICA" lettering also adds clearance issues). Not really interested in the tyres until you can give some specs on them, but will consider it as part of a group buy?!

Clint
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: CELICA owners: this thread needs YOU!! Sun, 20 June 2004 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've found someone else who imports Lenso's, so I'll see what they say about getting the VPD's next week. I'll see if they can get exact dimensions on the inside of the spokes, assuming they can get 'em. It's a bad angle, but they look like they easily clear these Integra calipers:

http://motortrend.com/features/performance/112_0302_pt_tire_s.jpg

And good clearance on this civic:
http://www.angelfire.com/biz4/cybrguysimportpage/images/civic1readersrides.jpg

These 200sx calipers are SWIMMING inside the 17x7's (same +38mm offset as Celica)
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/7/web/355000-355999/355233_10_full.jpg
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
icon14.gif  Serious answer at last! Tue, 22 June 2004 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've FINALLY gotten some sort of serious response from someone - Thankyou "Australia's Best Tyre Service"!!
No stock of the VPD's in Australia (which I already knew Razz ), So a Lenso rep. is checking stock in Lenso's own warehouse. If there's none there, Lenso will let us in on their production schedule so we know when to expect the next batch. Richard from A's B.T.S seemed quite confident that VPD's will be available at some stage, as they're part of Lenso's current line-up. I.e. If they're not in stock they'll be made sometime soonish, otherwise the rep's and distributers would have been told that they're discontinued.

Wait a few days to a week, and we'll know what the G.O. is.

Meanwhile: Check the "view on your car" popup, at Lenso's Website:

http://www.lensowheel.com/home.htm

So far I've got 8 people saying YEAH YEAH YEAH for a set, and 2-3 others saying maybe/in 6mths. Any more takers? U know you want to.. . . Wink
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Serious answer at last! Fri, 25 June 2004 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On Celica.net, you mentioned the possibility of suiting tyres to the owners requirements. Can you enquire about R Comp tyres in 215/45/17 size? As I've said previously, I'm interested but want a guarantee they will fit with no problems before placing my order?!
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: CELICA owners: this thread needs YOU!! Sun, 27 June 2004 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tell me how far the outermost edge of the calipers is from the hub-face, and I'll see what I find out CLG. Maybe Talk to an enthusiastic local wheel+tyre store about grabbing 1 or 2 sets? that way you wouldn't be committed 'til you'd seen them fitted. That said, They've got about the biggest caliper-clearing spoke-offset I've ever seen.

-I didn't twig to why motorsports rims are designed with such a crazy high-offset spoke, until I had a good look at some on a Nations-cup car: It's to clear the enormous calipers on track-cars!!
paul_c_2002
Regular

March 2004
Re: CELICA owners: this thread needs YOU!! Tue, 29 June 2004 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also interested. OK so how much $$$ we talking for 5? no tyres? im in NSW?
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Facts Ahoy!! Tue, 29 June 2004 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joy-time folks, the VPD's cometh !!!

They're slated for production in the next 4-7 weeks, although we can get them bumped up the order (and a discount) if enough people lay down some $$$ and order them. I've been talking with Richard at "Australia's best tyre service" by the way.
http://www.tyres.com/contact.cfm

The Basic package I'm looking at is 4 x Rims+Tyres, 17x7" as described previously, with 215/45/R17 Falken ZE-326 tyres ($155 each) all - round: http://www.pitstoptyres.com.au/ze326.htm
$1440 plus freight outta Sydney. ($80 to Melbourne)

I think I'll also grab a 5th rim (no tyre) just in case. -$205 each ($1025 for 5 bare rims.) This is cheap: Cast Buddy-club's are approx.$300 each and are the same weight!

Also mentioned were Goodyear Eagle-F1's ($190 each), Dunlop SP9000 ($240 each while stock lasts) etc. etc... -They can also do tyres cheaper than the Falkens, however Richard didn't think much of them. -the cheapies that is Smile

Freight further than Melbourne will obviously be more, however if people in a City buy together, they can split the freight between them. I'm talking to you, Perth and Adelaide guys! Very Happy

I've ordered mine in white, but talk to Richard about different colours if that floats your boat. Don't wait around to slap your order down b.t.w, coz if you miss the boat it could be 6 months until they're made again.

-Peace out crew Cool
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Facts Ahoy!! Wed, 30 June 2004 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So there is now no need for a group buy then?!
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Facts Ahoy!! Wed, 30 June 2004 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not as such, no. I wasn't sure before, if the wheels were still a current production item. It looks like no-one's been importing them into the country for a while, that's all. I think there's been a bit of a falling out between recently between the parties that were involved in Lenso importing & Distribution. Hence the need to seek alternative channels.

Perhaps give A.B.T.S. a quick call, ask Richard about the likelyhood of the VPD's coming around again, and how many need to come in for a discount. See if he can get more tech details on the caliper clearance if you're still worried about it. They're standard GT-4 calipers, yeah? -I Doubt anything less than enormous track-spec calipers would give problems, and the 4-pot front brakes on that 200SX above look quite happy Very Happy
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: BUMP! -Did any of you guys (CELICA/camry owners) end up ordering the rims? Tue, 06 July 2004 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bump!!
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: BUMP! -Did any of you guys (CELICA/camry owners) end up ordering the rims? Tue, 27 July 2004 15:04 Go to previous message
Is a group buy still on the cards, or has everyone simply ordered their own sets?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:I think we got most of the Celicas covered except...
Next Topic:F**KING THIEVES TARGET ANOTHER SPRINTER!!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:40:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060839653015137 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.