Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Digital dash problems in AE86 Mon, 14 June 2004 10:10 Go to next message
My AE86 currently has a digital dash and both the temperature and fuel gauges dont work, can this be fixed and if so how?

I have a spare analog dash and tried to just change them but one of the two plugs is different. I tried searching the tech docs for a wiring diagram but none have wire colours on them.

Has anyone had any experiance with the same problem or has converted from a digital to analog dash?

Any help would be appreciated, the digital dash is shitty but it looks pretty Smile (ooooo flashy lights) so I wouldnt mind keeping it if i can.

Send a private message to this user    
Matt Dunn
Newcomer

April 2004
Re: Digital dash problems in AE86 Mon, 14 June 2004 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At work a few years back we had an AE86 with a digi dash and after getting it repaired three time six months apart at about $300 a shot I fitted an analoge dash. The wiring is different and you will need and oil sender as you will have a light and AE86 analogue have a gauge and the fuel senders are different.
But I have done it and it is possible!
Took me about 1 hr to change the wiring to suit. And then all the other stuff.
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Digital dash problems in AE86 Mon, 14 June 2004 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did you just put the dash in or did it work before, cause if you just installed it chances are that you don't have the correct fuel sender. I had the same problem with my corona digi dash but just brought another one and look 5 minutes to install and it was fine. My temp gauge worked tho so i don't know about your problem with that might be the sender ??
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: Digital dash problems in AE86 Tue, 15 June 2004 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I brought the car with the dash so i dont know if it was fitted afterwards or what...but please explain on what a fuel sender is and what it does and how to change it Smile

And i dont know if the dash is fucked or what cos the temp and fuel gauges dont even light up.

Thanx for ur input, plz help..any1
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Digital dash problems in AE86 Tue, 15 June 2004 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the fuel sender is a box that sits inside the fuel tank and measures how much fuel you have. So if you don't have the correct one the dash won't be able to figure out what the fuel sender is saying or if there is one.

if you look in your boot to the right hand side i think you'll see a round circle with proberly three screw holding it together. The fuel sender is underneath that.

Does the lighting around the fuel gauge light up, the border?
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: Digital dash problems in AE86 Sat, 19 June 2004 00:40 Go to previous message
no it doesent light up anything besides the tacho and speedo and the lil orange light saying ur going 100...

ur prolly right though cos the car has a standard carby fuel tank so it probably has the carby fuel sender but should the border still light up?

and what about the temp gauge does that have a sender of some sort too Smile ..i mean something different for carby vs efi?

ta
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Mounting noise supressor
Next Topic:Toyota Soarer CD stacker
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 07:01:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057370662689209 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.