Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

TA22 Brake upgrades Tue, 16 July 2002 03:02 Go to next message
Just interested in what is available to upgrade the brakes on the front and rear of my TA22? With the 4AGE its going to need something a little better, wondering what everyone else has done...???

[Updated on: Tue, 16 July 2002 03:02]

Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TA22 Brake upgrades Tue, 16 July 2002 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do a search, this has been covered heaps of times.

Also check out my web site, I have a detailed story on how I upgraded my RA23 with MA61 Supra brakes. You could do the same thing in a TA22 if you swapped in RA23 struts fitst (they bolt right in).
1bam777
Regular

May 2002
Re: TA22 Brake upgrades Tue, 16 July 2002 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kangz had a set of GTR brakes put on the front of his... impressive stopping power.... I think its for sale too. Search the for sale forums...

Cheers!
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TA22 Brake upgrades Wed, 17 July 2002 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie - doesnt the ra23 need to be cut down to fit in a ta22 correctly or is this the corona strut im thinking of ? If not - your upgrade might be the go for me when i decide to do it later on this year/early next year ..

BTW - that template you made for the caliper mount - do you still have the trace for it - cause it would be super handy if i could get the pattern to cut beforehand - save a lot of time with finding the right drill points/spacer widths to get the other caliper on.
Also im assuming the supra rotor and ra23 rotor have the same hub and bearing setup - ie slide ra23 one off , and slip on the supra one - no other need for modification bar the caliper plate you made

Till then the DBA slotted rotors ill be ordering will do .. Need to get a wheel with the right offset to counter the track increase before that + get my guards rolled .
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: TA22 Brake upgrades Wed, 16 June 2004 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Embarassed i was bout to start a new thread bout this, well not exactly this exact topic cause iv seen all the conversions and stuff but what i wanna know that if i put the RA23 setup and i need to cut it down an inch and change the spring seat does anyone know where i can get this done in SYDNEY???
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TA22 Brake upgrades Wed, 16 June 2004 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate Noltec at Thornleigh do this kind of work. Plus you get a discount if you are a Toymods member!
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TA22 Brake upgrades Wed, 16 June 2004 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes I think the RA23 strut does need shortening to fit in a TA22, not 100% sure but I think I read that somewhere. Unfortunately I never thought to make a template when I did this conversion, but it's pretty easy to figure out when you have the strut out of the car and start mock-assembling the parts.

The RA23 and RA6x/MA6x wheel bearings are identical, same part number and all, so yes the hub slides right onto the RA23 strut with no mods at all.
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: TA22 Brake upgrades Wed, 16 June 2004 06:59 Go to previous message
sweet thanks... I would love to join toymods but i recon id be too embaressed to Embarassed ... WHY? lets just say you dont want to see my current TA22, although i love her to death (LITERALLY) she dont look too good Rolling Eyes Sad

she has been written off 3 times, blown 2 motors (just stockies though) 3 diffs and now the brakes are starting to fail ( i wonder why Rolling Eyes )

but with the current motor she is all good mechanically and stuff, rebuilt 3T running like a charm though blows a bit of smoke (i knew i should of honed it before rebuild Sad ) completely new suspension and steering except for springs Confused

cant wait for the new beast to arrive though... BTW how much is it to join toymods?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Amplifier Alternator whining
Next Topic:Can someone recommend..
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 16:41:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.14792799949646 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.