Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » IRA11Y 4AGE Euthanised!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Sun, 16 May 2004 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice work matey Smile

When its ready i would LOVE to have a little run with you down at WSID, if you feel like it.

Send a private message to this user    
ae86trueno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Mon, 17 May 2004 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
common michael drive it everywhere to run it in..
we need a good fun 4AG showdown..

Ben
AE86 Trueno 4AGE
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Mon, 17 May 2004 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well ive driven it every day since friday, got a 2" muffler put on today to free up the exhaust.. i like the sound the old one made better Sad but hey performance over form Smile trust me im working on it.. only problem is i now need a 4.6 diff Smile to get the right power down on the ground anyone know where i can get one... hmm ben is that you i hear offering you big rear for free Smile Razz
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Mon, 17 May 2004 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4.6... why not just buy a 7.1 and be done with it?
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Mon, 17 May 2004 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What cars were the 4.6 diffs from?
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Wed, 19 May 2004 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
none, theyre an aftermarket item for a T series
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Tue, 15 June 2004 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A quick late night run Smile

warning large file! but its worth it Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 28 June 2004 23:59]

chrizer
Regular

October 2003
Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Tue, 15 June 2004 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very nice. Very Happy
Now I'm getting gee'd up waiting for my KE70 to be finished.
Evil or Very Mad

[Updated on: Thu, 17 June 2004 11:15]

Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Tue, 15 June 2004 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go hybrid!

i think ur cameraman was a bit drunk! Razz
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Wed, 16 June 2004 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah my cousins camera skills are pretty shit Very Happy
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Thu, 17 June 2004 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that sounds awesome! gotta love the ke70's
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Mon, 28 June 2004 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Made a bit of progress over the last week, cage is now in although the front section i removed for on the street.

also modified the crap whitline brace and made up a custom rear brace. the rear is far from ideal and probhably wont do much at all, its temporary untill i modify the roll cage to do the job properly

http://ira11y.qnix.com.au/images/SB2.jpg

http://ira11y.qnix.com.au/images/SB1.jpg

http://ira11y.qnix.com.au/images/SBR.jpg

http://ira11y.qnix.com.au/images/RC1.jpg
Sentinal
Newcomer

June 2004
Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Tue, 29 June 2004 16:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey people, ira11y, i love what your doing there mate, keep up the good work.

i come bearing one quick request for info, i have a friend who is doing up his toyota, and i myself have a rare toyota (www.geocities.com/lister3128 << for some quick crap pics) and my said friend has lead me to believe that this famous 4A-GE enging that we're all going on about...will fit into my car (*smug mode*)

to save you guessing what my car is from the photos, its a (fully imported) 76" KE36 corolla panelvan, now does anyone know if the 4a-ge will bolt straight in, or will it need a *little* persuasion and work...or will it take that much i should just stick with the 1.2lt moter in it and be grateful that its so efficent??

because ive *heard* that the 4a-ge has been put into a 75" KE corolla, and its a little vague in the details but theres a photo and it is indeed a 75" KE corolla and the 4A-GE engine in it...

so any info would be much appreciated, thanks guys

(keep up the good work ira11y!!!)

sentinal
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Tue, 29 June 2004 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sentinel I sent you a PM

hmm rear brace cracked the temporary weld after a small drive, so in the process of rewelding it down properly the car sorta caught fire from some loose sparks hahaha nothing too serious .. managed to get it out before any damage was done but damn the car stinks now, as Mos found out last night Laughing
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Tue, 29 June 2004 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol nice. I was watching that vid and i heard "yer the brakes totaly dont work now" lol whats with that Razz
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Wed, 30 June 2004 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
weeell Smile

uhmm im running a twin master with the sandard propotioning valve ( yeah ill get around to ripping it out soon ... ish Smile ), havent adapted the rest of the brake circuit yet.. and wont until i get the front coilovers in with the new brakes. At that point an adjustable brake bias adjuster will also be fitted. at present bcause of the way the twin master is set up ( I suspect) the rear is doing a lot of braking as they are way bigger than the stock crappy fronts.. as a result the fronts arent doing bugger all and the rears overheat. suprisingly though the rears DONT lock up first. theres still a few issues but all will be sorted once the front end is in ( hopefully the same time the rear suspension is put in as well.

I hope thats what it is in any case hahah
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Fri, 02 July 2004 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael - It's great to see this all coming along. Can't wait to have a proper look at it some time!
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Fri, 02 July 2004 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill be at dyno day from early.. ish till just before 12pm
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Sun, 04 July 2004 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm heres an interesting progression

52.9Kw 4A-C

68Kw 4AGE

72Kw 4AGE

74.7Kw 4AGE

[Updated on: Thu, 29 July 2004 07:10]

IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Tue, 27 July 2004 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

http://ira11y.qnix.com.au/CompomotiveRims.jpg

[Updated on: Fri, 25 March 2005 21:32]

Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Fri, 06 August 2004 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's a damn healthy 4AC! Would probably put a few 4AGE's to shame (mine included unfortunately Sad )

Any idea on the weight of those wheels?
Medicine_Man
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Sat, 07 August 2004 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fuck, I recon that exhaust sounds nice, your probably just too used to the old one, what ECU are you running now, whats that neat little in car display?
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Mon, 09 August 2004 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Any idea on the weight of those wheels?

i havent got a set of scales to weigh them with Paul but theyre pretty light for 15's Smile thats why i got em Wink

Quote:

what ECU are you running now, whats that neat little in car display?

that little incar display is probly the handset, or its the internal external temp/voltage indicator, Im using a wolf.
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Mon, 30 August 2004 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remote filter

http://ira11y.qnix.com.au/images/ROfilter.JPG

http://ira11y.qnix.com.au/images/ROfilter1.JPG
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Mon, 30 August 2004 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks the goods...Where did you get the spin on adapter for the 4ag from?
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Wed, 01 September 2004 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Where did you get the spin on adapter for the 4ag from?

The USA
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Sun, 19 September 2004 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is what happens when you wash your car for the first time in nine months Smile

http://ira11y.qnix.com.au/Toymodsevents/BungCruise/ToymodsCruise004.jpg

http://ira11y.qnix.com.au/Toymodsevents/BungCruise/ToymodsCruise003.jpg

http://ira11y.qnix.com.au/Toymodsevents/BungCruise/ToymodsCruise002.jpg
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Thu, 30 September 2004 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://ira11y.qnix.com.au/Struttops1.JPG
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Sat, 09 October 2004 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wink

http://ira11y.qnix.com.au/cosmall.JPG

http://ira11y.qnix.com.au/cosmall2.JPG
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Sat, 09 October 2004 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh that car is awsem Very Happy !
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Fri, 15 October 2004 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well alignment and steering was done today.... its official.. I now drive a go-kart Smile
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Fri, 22 October 2004 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Holy F#@k this car is sweet. Im considering getting one of these and putting a 4age in weld the diff and shit like that.
would be a great little basher
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Wed, 15 December 2004 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually they are pretty crap with a 4AG, not nearly as good as the sprinter, youd be better off putting a 3S in there
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Wed, 15 December 2004 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked
Kingswood
Regular

December 2003
Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Thu, 16 December 2004 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am amazed by hat sound, I used to have a fairly worked 2t with twin 40's and i thought that had a nice roar.
That was until i heard this
Awesome, you can really hear the cams kick in to

Cheers Josh
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Thu, 16 December 2004 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just outta curiosity, what cams are you running in the beast? and those power figures seem a touch down, a standard silvertop 20v would get around 80-82 kw at the wheels, why is it lower than that?
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Fri, 17 December 2004 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im running 260-280 cams, theyre actually a specific cut for my engine,

the figures are down because i have still not had time or money to dial in the cams properly on the dyno, I was planning to get them done before XMAS but funds havent allowed. The ecu has only been base tuned twice on the dyno as well, other than my poor attempts at fidling and refining a few sections it hasnt been touched so still has plenty of tuning left. My expectations are that i will surpass 80Kw@RW once its tuned 100%

20V "might" get 80Kw but thats in FWD format with less drivetrain loss and differential ratios that are different to mine. not to mention a million other variables that affect dyno readings like rotational diameters etc
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Fri, 17 December 2004 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just curious, because beau used to use a silvertop, then blacktop 20v in his sprinter, running an ems computer, with extractors, and both engines put out over 80kw at the wheels on ricols dyno (not sure how it was set tho) and i was sorta thinking with the amount of work in your engine it should be a bit higher... and also because im in the middle of my own bigport quad throttle build, amd am hoping for quite a lot more. we are expecting around 180-200hp at the fly, im not sure what it amounts to in kw at the wheels, but its gotta be around 100 or so dosent it?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Sat, 18 December 2004 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
woah nice build

where do you get that silver heat liner?
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Sat, 18 December 2004 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the heat shield is in tube form and can be bought from a place called ( I think ) motorsport connections in Seven Hills (Anvil rd? ) just down past Burger King off Abbots rd

I actually had to alter it a bit to suit my application by cutting and resewing some velcro to it.

but its not cheap to buy Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Sat, 18 December 2004 11:07]

IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Wed, 22 December 2004 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
centre console is ready for wiring.. dash will be ready by the end of the week too Smile

http://ira11y.qnix.com.au/Console1.jpg
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Wed, 22 December 2004 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That centre console looks real good. What will the switches be controlling?

Cheers
Joel
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Wed, 22 December 2004 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thermo fan overide
upper spot lights
lower spot lights
rear spot light
rear demister
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Wed, 22 December 2004 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats a good idea the thermo fan over-ride.. I might do this myself Smile
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Wed, 22 December 2004 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow - thats looking really good !

IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Thu, 23 December 2004 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now all i have to do is wait for a shop to open so i can buy the rest of my gauges

http://ira11y.qnix.com.au/NDG1.JPG
soulfire
Regular

May 2004

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Thu, 23 December 2004 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IRA11Y wrote on Thu, 23 December 2004 21:18

now all i have to do is wait for a shop to open so i can buy the rest of my gauges

that's a really nice custom dash you have there, bloody awesome work Smile
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Thu, 23 December 2004 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soulfire wrote on Thu, 23 December 2004 21:47

IRA11Y wrote on Thu, 23 December 2004 21:18

that's a really nice custom dash you have there, bloody awesome work Smile

Damn straight! That and the console are both looking awesome - I'm REALLY REALLY hanging to see what this turns at Dyno Day 10 Michael! Will hopefully be able to have a closer look at the interior too Smile
Meat_rack
Regular

December 2004
Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Thu, 23 December 2004 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow man thats a sick looking dash. how much did it set you back
Pube
Regular

May 2002
Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Thu, 23 December 2004 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are they factory rear view mirrors painted red??

They may be a possible contender for my celica...
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Thu, 23 December 2004 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Are they factory rear view mirrors painted red??

no theyre not factory mirrors, the corolla mirrors are shithouse so I upgraded to a convex lens mirror

Quote:

wow man thats a sick looking dash. how much did it set you back

all up the centre console and dash were about $200 not including gauges. It would probhably cost more but i did all the design work on them so all they had to do was cut and bend the sheet.

dunno if ill be throwing it over the dyno anytime soon as the new baby arrives in Feb so cash as usual is tight which means a final tune is no not going ahead before the dyno day date. There fore theres not point throwing it on the rollers to pull the same figures... isnt the next dyno at a different venue now?? so it wouldnt be a true comparison anyhow.
Josho
Regular

April 2004
Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Fri, 24 December 2004 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freakin'... awesome... Very Happy
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Sat, 25 December 2004 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this thing is really turning out to be quite a beast. Looks great.
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Sun, 02 January 2005 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well the console is in and operational, apart from waiting for the shops to open to buy one more gauge for the console and a few more for the dash its all done Smile

http://ira11y.qnix.com.au/CCon.jpg
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Sun, 16 January 2005 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats wrong with this picture!? Sad

A short MPEG

Warning file is 5.16M

[Updated on: Sun, 16 January 2005 05:16]

chrizer
Regular

October 2003
Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Sun, 16 January 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NO Quads????????? Mad Shocked Sad
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Sun, 16 January 2005 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bingo! give the man up in front the lucky door prize

[Updated on: Sun, 16 January 2005 09:30]

chrizer
Regular

October 2003
Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Sun, 16 January 2005 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
May I ask why?????
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Sun, 16 January 2005 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had an idle down problem last week, I thought it was vacume leak so thought id pull the quads off to have a good look at them after a year or so service to make sure everything was ok, turned out there was no vacume leak but the bolts holding the TPS in place had vibrated out and gone bye bye.

turned round to put one of the quads back on the bench and looked up and saw the factory manifold sitting on the shelf.. then i had a thought about slapping it on to keep the car going while i serviced the quads over the next couple of weeks. needed to modify a few bits to suit the computer but it was pretty straight foward to slap the intake on without the TVIS.

I have to say it makes it so much easier to start.. no foot control or anything, 2 revolutions to fire and idle is very stable despite the idle screw almost bieng completely up to the top of the thread Very Happy.. those cams need lots of air at idle Smile

power however is fairly dissapointing.. i can really notice the difference in my mid to high range torque.. it simply doesent breathe as well as the quads, on the plus side its a damn sight quieter in the cabin!!

[Updated on: Sun, 16 January 2005 09:36]

IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Sat, 05 February 2005 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Ive turned to the dark side and gone full rice

[Updated on: Wed, 02 March 2005 01:35]

Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Well here she is.... my conversion
Next Topic:sleeker162's GT2 project **UPDATED PICS**
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 23:14:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011797904968262 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.