Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » st185 halfcut pricing in Vic?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
st185 halfcut pricing in Vic? Tue, 15 June 2004 12:29 Go to next message
just wondering what u guys think a good price would be for a complete st185 jdm halfcut (not rc)in good conditon (low kms)in Melbourne,vic??
Any exact figures and from who?

thanks in advance Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: st185 halfcut pricing in Vic? Tue, 15 June 2004 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Usually average around the $2k mark, a bit more expensive depending on how fresh the engine is.
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: st185 halfcut pricing in Vic? Thu, 17 June 2004 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for all the relpys people... Rolling Eyes .not!
(ur excluded LANCE,thanks Razz )

Anyone...
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
icon14.gif  Re: st185 halfcut pricing in Vic? Thu, 17 June 2004 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gday mate speak to matt a toyospares in bayswater (03 9720 3177). You would be lookin for anywhere from $2200 to $2800. Cheers mate and good luck Very Happy
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: st185 halfcut pricing in Vic? Thu, 17 June 2004 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats where im buying it from.matt said 2800. was woundering if that was fair.i personally thought it was a bit pricy but i havn't negotiated with him yet..thanks for the reply
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: st185 halfcut pricing in Vic? Thu, 17 June 2004 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy yeah thats what i thought. Bit pricey. I know he sells good shit but yeah id be pushin him. Perhaps $2500??? see what he says. Cant hurt ay? Smile
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: st185 halfcut pricing in Vic? Thu, 17 June 2004 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the advice.what have u personally brought from matt?have u had a conversion done?
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: st185 halfcut pricing in Vic? Thu, 17 June 2004 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Havn't actually bought anything off him myself but i drive a rally car and matt has a rally sprinter and he is in my car club. Just heard that he is quite reputable. But who knows man?! Rolling Eyes
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: st185 halfcut pricing in Vic? Thu, 17 June 2004 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah nah i think he is genuine.he should do a good job on my conversion.i've just been told to bargain with him heaps.thats all Smile
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
icon14.gif  Re: st185 halfcut pricing in Vic? Thu, 17 June 2004 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah mate go ahead bargain him right down! Evil or Very Mad good luck mate let us know how ya go. Cheers.
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: st185 halfcut pricing in Vic? Thu, 17 June 2004 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will do! thanks again ur a legend Very Happy
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: st185 halfcut pricing in Vic? Thu, 17 June 2004 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You also sourcing a st185 halfcut in Melb. competition never hurt. I didnt even notice you were keen on the conversion, I'm going to start calling ppl 2moro, but for a st185 front cut i reckon $2500 is probably as far as i would go, otherwise i'd go the st205 (which was my original plan). Anyway we should have a chat some day and exchange notes, I'm sure we would be able to help each other out seeming we're in the same area and are undertaking the conversion at about the same time.
Cheers
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: st185 halfcut pricing in Vic? Thu, 17 June 2004 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So i gather ST205 1/2 cuts and engine packages (engine, ecu, looms) are quite rare then?
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: st185 halfcut pricing in Vic? Fri, 18 June 2004 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vic isn't the place to shop obviously. Yoi can pay as little as $1700 for a 185 halfcut or MR2T SW20 rear cut in QLD.
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: st185 halfcut pricing in Vic? Fri, 18 June 2004 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;category=43808&item=2480864467&rd=1& ;ssPageName=WD2V

AHHH U GOTTA LOVE EBAY

Give him a pm and make him an offer i reckon.....
Look forward to ya taking me for a spin Andrew!!! Shocked Shocked
Regards
Adrian
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: st185 halfcut pricing in Vic? Fri, 18 June 2004 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i seen that not long ago, i think you passed on that link SR or maybe smashed wombat, but i recalled saying "DODGY", no way in the world i would buy a halfcut from ebay, especially one that cheap.

Oh yeah i havent called anyone, not enough time today.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: st185 halfcut pricing in Vic? Fri, 18 June 2004 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Theres millions of 185 frontcuts out there at the moment... almost every one of the importers I called when I was looking for an ST205 front cut (I'm still looking BTW) had no 205's but a couple of 185's...

You can visit the list of importers I called here

If you find an ST205 frontcut give me a yell!!!!
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: st185 halfcut pricing in Vic? Fri, 18 June 2004 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i was keen on a 205 cut but it gonna be too hard to get hold of one, and I'm pretty sure I'll modify the 185 hard enough to produce more power than the 205 but still be reliable, imagine doing that to the 205 though, hmmmmm tasty!

Anyway I have to thank you Toobs for the "***Teh List***" its a very helpful thread, I'm sure it will hang around here for years (hopefully). Anyway I'll give you a buzz if I find a 205 cut while I'm on my journey for a 185 unless the 205 is reasonable Very Happy
Can't you just ask an importer to import one, or will they stich ya?
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: st185 halfcut pricing in Vic? Fri, 18 June 2004 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you get an importer to special import you one I'd say they would bump the price up quite a bit...

At least if you can go and see what you're buying you have a lesser chance of getting ripped a new one
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: st185 halfcut pricing in Vic? Sun, 20 June 2004 00:56 Go to previous message
what do u people reckon of a "mr2 engine kit". for $2500.. too much $$ hey.i can get one of these but i'll be missing out on a few things i wanted from the gt4 1/2 cut. eg. gearbox~to sell, steering rack, gt4 rotors and calipers, radiator, brake booster, dash etc.. Confused
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Clutch's
Next Topic:Conversion effect Speedo??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 22 00:33:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056400299072266 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.