Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
GT4 front bar on an ST162 Wed, 16 June 2004 04:39 Go to next message
Can someone tell me how easy this will be?
I have the GT4 bar from a ST165 im guessing and i wanna put it on my ST162 88'.
I've never done anything like replace the bumper before so i would like some help. Embarassed
Are there just a few bolts to unscrew or is there fancy stuff?
  Send a private message to this user    
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: GT4 front bar on an ST162 Wed, 16 June 2004 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just un-bolt/screw the old and bolt/screw in the new. This is a job that you learn best by doing it yourself. So, get out from behind this damn computer and into your driveway - now ! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Cheers,
Mitch.
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: GT4 front bar on an ST162 Wed, 16 June 2004 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehehe, yeah i figured it out and got it done.
The sides don't really match up though, i'll have to do something about that. Looks mad from the front though.
Thanks man.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: GT4 front bar on an ST162 Wed, 16 June 2004 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all I can say is.. I WANT ONE! Very Happy

dude did you manage to sell your car? I saw it on eBay a little while back?

Got a spare GT4 front bar for $$$ ? Wink

nice car mate appreciated reading the eBay ad look like some TLC went in there.. hehe

wiso on these forums has a nice "GT2" too Wink
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: GT4 front bar on an ST162 Thu, 17 June 2004 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, i'm the guy who bought the ST162 off ebay. I must say i'm pleased with it.
Unfortunately i don't have a spare gt4 bar for ya, but you can buy my standard one off me now that i've got the gt4 one on Very Happy
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: GT4 front bar on an ST162 Thu, 17 June 2004 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha Neutral

Wink glad you are happy with it mate, you should come down for DynoDay would LOVE to see it!
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: GT4 front bar on an ST162 Thu, 17 June 2004 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's not just a matter of unbolting the old bumper and putting th GT4 one in it's place, I have the GT4 bar on my car, (Rob loves it Twisted Evil ) the main bar is just a straight undo to main bolts that hold the support in place, but the little side wings to carry the bumper shape around aren't cause on the GT4 there front quarters have 3 holes presicionally drilled, on the side wings, do you have the mounting brackets? basically you'll need to drill 3 holes into the front quarters so that it sits in the right place
http://wiser.actewagl.net.au/gt4bump.jpg
try and be presice, other wise it will look shit like mine Razz and then on those brackets 3 screw each side go in underneath the guard where the original lip was, and up the side you'll need to get a couple of plastic clips to screw another 2 screws into inside the wheel arch.

Hope you followed that casue I didn't, very simple to do, this post was probably a waste of time Very Happy
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: GT4 front bar on an ST162 Thu, 17 June 2004 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and just how easily does it come off joel?

just wondering... *most innnocent look possible...*
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: GT4 front bar on an ST162 Fri, 18 June 2004 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe, thats for me to know and for you to find out.............................. on..... cycleofabuse's Rolling Eyes Laughing Razz
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: GT4 front bar on an ST162 Fri, 18 June 2004 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol

we so gotta organise a group buy of these...
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 front bar on an ST162 Sun, 20 June 2004 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a gt4 bar would also give better airflow too wouldn't it?

(might add possibly another 25kw @ wheels Razz ) just j/k Laughing

looks awesome wiso! Very Happy
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: GT4 front bar on an ST162 Sun, 20 June 2004 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My front bar doesn't even come close to looking as good as yours wiso. One of the sides doesn't have the plastic clippy thing on the inside and the bar comes down heaps further than the fender, i'll post a pic soon to show you. It looks cooler than the standard bar from the front, but it doesn't look great from the sides.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: GT4 front bar on an ST162 Sun, 20 June 2004 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah mine doesn't have the plastic clips that hold the front bumper on, can any one say cable ties Laughing thats what holds mine together,

Don't go getting any ideas for when I see you net rob Mad
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: GT4 front bar on an ST162 Mon, 21 June 2004 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cable ties huh??? hmmm

little snippy here, little snippy there, and waching! 1 x new gt4 button..

joel: "Hey rob, nice bumper you got there! BIzzare that mine was 'stolen' last night."
rob: "that is bizarre..." Evil or Very Mad

just kiddin' ya joel, she's a beauty and will always stay that way Smile
sik sx
Regular

I supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: GT4 front bar on an ST162 Mon, 21 June 2004 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can i buy ur front lower lip??? i cant find one anywhere..if not any ideas on how much one would cost from a wreckers?
thanks
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: GT4 front bar on an ST162 Mon, 21 June 2004 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can get them genuine still - (will show pics when I get me car back together again) - cost a fortune though!
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: GT4 front bar on an ST162 Mon, 21 June 2004 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did you buy a genuine one???
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: GT4 front bar on an ST162 Mon, 21 June 2004 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I got the genuine ST162 one...

Was it worth it?

Possibly not.

Still - it looks neat, compared to the busted one i had before. I could never find one at a wreckers that wasn't half stuffed - people keep going over gutters or something in these cars Smile
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: GT4 front bar on an ST162 Mon, 21 June 2004 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dare I ask???

lol, did you price a GT4 front?
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: GT4 front bar on an ST162 Mon, 21 June 2004 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I didn't get a price for a GT4 one, it would have to come from Japan though because they don't stock them here in Aus.

I could go down and get a price for you if you are too lazy to go to your local toyota genuine parts dealer Smile Is there anything happening with the group buy? That thread was dead last I checked???
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: GT4 front bar on an ST162 Mon, 21 June 2004 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol nah don't bother yourself dude with checking, I can do it here

yeah that thread pretty much died ay Sad

those front lips are the hardest things to keep in 1 piece!
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: GT4 front bar on an ST162 Mon, 21 June 2004 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe I got a front lip for mine once in damn good condition from a wreckers. the guy had no idea what it was worth, so I said I'll give ya $10 for it, he said deal. Me score big Laughing Very Happy
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: GT4 front bar on an ST162 Mon, 21 June 2004 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lucky - very lucky!!!

Ahh well, soon I won't have to worry about the GT4 front bumper, as I will have a GT4. Of course, if my bumper is even slightly imperfect then I'll jump back on the group buy band wagon Very Happy

I'll probably need a spare one anyway seeing as i might end up rallying the st165

You didn't hear me say that.
You did not hear me say that...
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: GT4 front bar on an ST162 Mon, 21 June 2004 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no I didn't

but since that is what I would like to do with mine if I ever get one...

Very Happy

sorry, "do what??" I didn't hear anything..
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: GT4 front bar on an ST162 Tue, 22 June 2004 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

3 holes presicionally drilled

Don't worry too much about the precision, looks like not even the factory/TTE could get it right.
http://members.austarmetro.com.au/~pwade/GT4_frontbar.jpg
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: GT4 front bar on an ST162 Tue, 22 June 2004 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow Shocked , would you look at all those stickers..talk about rice..lol Laughing , anyways has anyone thought since these are so hard to get, get a similar one from a body kit place...?? that might be able to be custom fitted??
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: GT4 front bar on an ST162 Tue, 22 June 2004 10:05 Go to previous message
Damn those ricer boys in the WRC!!! Rolling Eyes

You probably could find a replica, but it's usually pretty expensive - it's not common to have designs for ST162s lying around the place.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Strength of W58 gearbox
Next Topic:rear bumper bar for RA23
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 16:33:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052449703216553 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.