Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Darkstar
Regular

January 2004
1ggte dump pipes Wed, 09 June 2004 01:13 Go to next message
Is it worth putting dump pipes on a 1ggte?? How do u set up the exhaust temp sensor? If anyone has done this, tell us how it went/goes

thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggte dump pipes Wed, 09 June 2004 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive been told that impossible / or ery hard to do as theres not enuf places to fit 2 inch dump pipes in a 1ggte motor and that it didnt /wouldnrt give much power out of it anyway , i was keen on this so is a few people around here there an old thread about i somwewhere , do a search
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1ggte dump pipes Wed, 09 June 2004 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive taken 1g turbos complety apart from the manifolds and the dumps, and let me say looking at the stock dump indian is 100% correct, there is no where near enough room there to split the dumps for the twins. If you wanted to do this it isnt imposible, you would have to fabricate a new turbo manifold which would pull the turbos away from one another so you could make room to put a split dump pipe setup.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggte dump pipes Wed, 09 June 2004 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah mate thats what ive been told before , no way we gonna fit twin dump in there unless it was like 1 inch each lollllllll
the only way is to run like two dumps joining one exactly like the stock one but a bit biger then have it join into a 3 inch pipe to continue down to the whole exhaust , its a pain though and not really worth it , but if some one came up with some easy way then it will be good
cheers
Darkstar
Regular

January 2004
Re: 1ggte dump pipes Thu, 10 June 2004 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah thanks guys, i was wondering about space between the turbos, but i saw a picture of ct12a's with dumps and got excited. I may be able to make somethin up, but as u said it might not be worth the effort!

What about ct12a's on the 1g.... Seeing as they are a bit larger and further apart, is it possible at all to fit them in the space on a 1g?? I'd have no worries fabricating some new flannges and stuff, but would they actually fit??

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggte dump pipes Thu, 10 June 2004 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ct12a is from the next generation soarer , flange pattern is different , and they have ceramic wheels which are prone to shattering on high boost
therea section in the article area on the difference b/ween ct12 and ct12a have a read of it

and if u think u can do something about the ct12dump pipes keep us iformed plenty people looing to do it

cheers
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1ggte dump pipes Thu, 10 June 2004 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you wanted to get more performance out of the twin turbos from a 1g, no point going to ct12a's as indian said they have ceramic wheels, this would require a change if you wanted them to perform. You would be better of spending the money on highflowing the standard 1g turbos, by the addition of t28 front wheels and cut back rear wheel. Or you could do what i have done, just put a single on it.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggte dump pipes Thu, 10 June 2004 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey fattony any ideaon how much to get the turbos high flowed , cant go single due to insurance problem ,
also wher inmelbourne are u at mate , we should catch up some time

cheers
Darkstar
Regular

January 2004
Re: 1ggte dump pipes Fri, 11 June 2004 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What single did u use Fattony? How does it go eg power output, response etc.?

I'd be keen to do a single turbo conversion too Very Happy
RG65
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: 1ggte dump pipes Thu, 17 June 2004 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
twin dump pipes can be done, i got my exhaust shop to fit them. they are in a ra65, the front turbo facing back curves in to the head and the back turbo curves out then down around the steering rod non p/s, join into one 3" system and out the back. looks neet and is a lot better than stock. Cool
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1ggte dump pipes Thu, 17 June 2004 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did they remove the turbos to do this?
what size pipe was used?
which exhaust shop, very interested as this may solve my issue of clearance.

[Updated on: Thu, 17 June 2004 13:09]

RG65
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: 1ggte dump pipes Thu, 17 June 2004 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not to sure about the sise but it looks like its about 2". its not mandrel bent from the turbo but comes out on an angle and then is mandrel back. i dont think they took the turbos out. it was done in brisbane
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggte dump pipes Fri, 18 June 2004 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can you take a picture of them for us please? I've always wondered if and how it could be done, someone said they'd seen it done, but there were no pics.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggte dump pipes Fri, 18 June 2004 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FARKKKKKKKKKKK I WANT ONE
dude can u speak to the exhaust shop and see if they can do more theres heaps of people in melbourne after it

or just get heaps of pics of it and prob we can get it done here , what ya think melbournians
cheers
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1ggte dump pipes Fri, 18 June 2004 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pics would definatly be a good start, I've seen the hks ones but unfortunatly they move the turbos with adaptor plates so there is a bit moe room between them
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggte dump pipes Fri, 18 June 2004 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn where did u see the hks ones are they worth it atleast , how much do u think they cost
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1ggte dump pipes Fri, 18 June 2004 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it was a full hks kit attached to a halfcut, the problem was it places the rear turbo(hks turbo) further back than the standard one giving you more room between the two turbos but all would give people who were fitting it to a non standard car clearance troubles as all the conversions I have seen you start getting close to clutch m/s and firewall back there.
RG65
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: 1ggte dump pipes Sat, 19 June 2004 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill see what i can do about pics. i can ask the exh shop on monday if they can make a couple of more, dependes on what car you have and how much room?
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1ggte dump pipes Sun, 20 June 2004 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what did they charge?
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggte dump pipes Sun, 20 June 2004 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine is still in a toyota soarer , car is wasin from factory , but im guessing the clearence issue would be rather similar to all the other people who want dump pipes done
RG65
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: 1ggte dump pipes Tue, 22 June 2004 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i went to the exhaust shop but they said it would be to exy to make up a jig, i have some photos but i am having trouble sending them, hopefully they will help. the system from the turbos back cost about $800
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1ggte dump pipes Tue, 22 June 2004 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
send em to me if you can
HERE
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggte dump pipes Wed, 23 June 2004 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rg65, where u located? what exhaust shop made the dumps for you

send pics to craig@4age.net
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggte dump pipes Wed, 23 June 2004 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what am i waiting for , send me them pics as well Very Happy

steve.morris@lincolnescott.com

cheers
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggte dump pipes Wed, 23 June 2004 01:15 Go to previous message
If you don't mind Razz

iamfrank@bigpond.net.au
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Celica (3SGE) fuel pump replacement cost?
Next Topic:OIL PRESSURE
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 06:54:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056021213531494 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.