Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Miscellaneous » AE86 BodyKits (Grill, Front Bar, Side Skirts, Rear Wing, Etc)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
exquisit
Regular

May 2003
Re: AE86 BodyKits (Grill, Front Bar, Side Skirts, Rear Wing, Etc) Thu, 17 June 2004 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
purple for sure
suits the skirts more

ducts on both sides for those who have an intake on the left side....

cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: AE86 BodyKits (Grill, Front Bar, Side Skirts, Rear Wing, Etc) Thu, 17 June 2004 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i like it so far

VERY im pressed with your efforts

You will be a rich man if u pull this off smoothly!
ILUSZN
Regular

April 2003

Re: AE86 BodyKits (Grill, Front Bar, Side Skirts, Rear Wing, Etc) Fri, 18 June 2004 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ducts on both sides.. As it will balance out the bumper. Having only on one side looks kind of weird..
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 BodyKits (Grill, Front Bar, Side Skirts, Rear Wing, Etc) Fri, 18 June 2004 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the squarish sideskirts suit the body of the ae86 well because it matches the lines of the squarish panels, keeping in mind it can't be too boxy (round edged- not sharp). The purple one in the picture has achieved this well because it has pumped the overall body of the car out and stays in proportion with the guards and door face. Trust me if that rear bar was made up no other sideskirt would match up - it must be phat or just as phat as the one on the pic!

(IMO) here is an example of doing round edges no justice to a car that just doesn't have the contours to match: !!

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=5076

Attachment: shockingkit.jpg
(Size: 92.01KB, Downloaded 333 time(s))

ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 BodyKits (Grill, Front Bar, Side Skirts, Rear Wing, Etc) Fri, 18 June 2004 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ILUSZN wrote on Fri, 18 June 2004 10:28

Ducts on both sides.. As it will balance out the bumper. Having only on one side looks kind of weird..

hmmm....i think having on both sides is so rice!

but it all depends on what it is used for - if it was brake ducts, then understandable but round holes don't really suit.

If it was for a cold air unduction to the filter then DEFINATELY only for the LHS.

i've had this done on my car - looks hell agressive and stands out cuz there is only one Very Happy

monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 BodyKits (Grill, Front Bar, Side Skirts, Rear Wing, Etc) Fri, 18 June 2004 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Duct on one side looks purposeful
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 BodyKits (Grill, Front Bar, Side Skirts, Rear Wing, Etc) Fri, 18 June 2004 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah spot on.

i think if it was on both sides, it'd look like those riced up Mugen kits on those EK civics - YUK!!!! Embarassed
RedAe86
Regular

Banned User

January 2003
Re: AE86 BodyKits (Grill, Front Bar, Side Skirts, Rear Wing, Etc) Fri, 18 June 2004 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lols like it has been said

both sides get it
to balance it out
just incase someone has somethjing apart from a 4ag in it with the intake on the onther side
lol

will post more pics tonight! buying the fiberglass spead today
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: AE86 BodyKits (Grill, Front Bar, Side Skirts, Rear Wing, Etc) Fri, 18 June 2004 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes i think the kit should have it on both side, then the person whom buys it can fill one hole if they like depending on where there intake is....
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: AE86 BodyKits (Grill, Front Bar, Side Skirts, Rear Wing, Etc) Fri, 18 June 2004 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow, i really like the front bar, nice work

and maybe, if people didn't like the intake holes, they could put their own foglights in them? Question
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 BodyKits (Grill, Front Bar, Side Skirts, Rear Wing, Etc) Fri, 18 June 2004 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Firstly - top work man very impressive!!! i like the front bar!

kinda makes me wish i had some tallent so i could have a shot at this stuff, i like the purple rear bar best definately!!!

also i think on the front bar the ducting holes should be on both sides as my pod is on the RH side of the engine bay, you may be cutting down you market if you only cater to the one side,

just my 2c,

Keep up the great work & good luck with it!!

Cheers,

Michael.
RedAe86
Regular

Banned User

January 2003
Re: AE86 BodyKits (Grill, Front Bar, Side Skirts, Rear Wing, Etc) Fri, 18 June 2004 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check this out!
the first layer of normal fiberglass. the spreadable type.
not body filler lol! (thats next)
startin to take shape!

what you think people??
i decided on the both vent as i guess u can see
lol

will post more pic later
bye

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~musik/spread001.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~musik/spread002.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~musik/spread003.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~musik/spread004.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~musik/bodykit.jpg
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: AE86 BodyKits (Grill, Front Bar, Side Skirts, Rear Wing, Etc) Fri, 18 June 2004 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lookin good, once it is smoothed out and painted it will look tops for sure Smile
45aken
Regular

February 2004
Re: AE86 BodyKits (Grill, Front Bar, Side Skirts, Rear Wing, Etc) Fri, 18 June 2004 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if it turns out like that panda levin.... Shocked Shocked Shocked
make the skirts LOW
(ie nice and chunky!)
work it work it
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: AE86 BodyKits (Grill, Front Bar, Side Skirts, Rear Wing, Etc) Fri, 18 June 2004 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, first off, when talking about LH and RH sides, imagine u are sitting in the drivers seat. 4age would have filter on RH, SR20 has filter on LH.

i guess i might buy one if its got holes on both sides... but this is for an 86, 90% of 86's have 4ages, meaning that if u put it just on the right, ur catering for 90% of the 86s.

of someone can just 'fill up the left hole', then they can just as easily fill the right hole, and cut a hole in the left, that way making it their size of choice, even better if u ask me.

dont make it both sides plz...
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 BodyKits (Grill, Front Bar, Side Skirts, Rear Wing, Etc) Sat, 19 June 2004 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i agree.

but maybe the best way would be to make 90% of the bars with a hole on the left, and 10% of them with a hole on the right.

Then again this would be expensive if the moulds were made. Unless u start with the left mould and modify it later for the right ones.

ugh!!
decsions decsions
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: AE86 BodyKits (Grill, Front Bar, Side Skirts, Rear Wing, Etc) Sat, 19 June 2004 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

but maybe the best way would be to make 90% of the bars with a hole on the left, and 10% of them with a hole on the right.

thats the opposite to what i just said, and wont cater for most 86s Confused
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 BodyKits (Grill, Front Bar, Side Skirts, Rear Wing, Etc) Sat, 19 June 2004 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Sat, 19 June 2004 14:39

Quote:

thats the opposite to what i just said, and wont cater for most 86s Confused

shit!! i meant 90% of the holes on the RHS (driver side) and 10% on the LHS (passenger)

hehe thanks for pointing it out Very Happy
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: AE86 BodyKits (Grill, Front Bar, Side Skirts, Rear Wing, Etc) Sat, 19 June 2004 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no worries
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: AE86 BodyKits (Grill, Front Bar, Side Skirts, Rear Wing, Etc) Sun, 20 June 2004 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it finished?? Is it finished??? Very Happy
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 BodyKits (Grill, Front Bar, Side Skirts, Rear Wing, Etc) Mon, 21 June 2004 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Any news?? i'm hanging to see this!!! Very Happy
Sprinta
Regular

September 2002
Re: AE86 BodyKits (Grill, Front Bar, Side Skirts, Rear Wing, Etc) Mon, 21 June 2004 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you forget not every 86 keeps their air intake on the left.
Especially turbo converted 86's (mine and 100's more) and im not sure about gze?
If on both sides (looks like it will be) i would grab the front probably, sides and rear bar !
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: AE86 BodyKits (Grill, Front Bar, Side Skirts, Rear Wing, Etc) Mon, 21 June 2004 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keep it coming man, I just read the entire page and I love your work. Your dedication is inspiration to me to build my own body kit for my AE92. I'll keep checking up on this page, and I wanna see the finished product soon Razz

Kev.
RedAe86
Regular

Banned User

January 2003
icon4.gif  Re: AE86 BodyKits (Grill, Front Bar, Side Skirts, Rear Wing, Etc) Wed, 23 June 2004 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guys! ypu probably wonder where i went and why the pic's have stoped. lol. They will keep coming relax. i have been to busy latly with my exams and i finsih on the 28th. but... there is always a but i go to japan on the 30th and wont be back for 15 days so you might have to wait till after that lol.

i will try do some more but no promises till after my trip!

ps. i gonna finish it just to busy at the moment! will post pic asap! Bye people
Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: AE86 BodyKits (Grill, Front Bar, Side Skirts, Rear Wing, Etc) Wed, 23 June 2004 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Going to Japan huh? You lucky swine...... Don't wanna collect some bits for me I suppose???? Very Happy

Just a thought - It might be an idea to take as many pics as you can (all different angles too) of any AE86 kits you may come across whilst over there. I'm sure you already thought of this, but just in case!

Look forward to the continuation of developement on your kit dude!

Cheers,

Jeremy.
45aken
Regular

February 2004
Re: AE86 BodyKits (Grill, Front Bar, Side Skirts, Rear Wing, Etc) Thu, 24 June 2004 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1)take a photo of a J-blood kit Smile
2)make a copy Very Happy
3)sell it to me for cheap(i aint talking regular cheap, im talking very, no no SUPER CHEAP!), just because i came up with the idea. Laughing

NOW WERE TALKING!!! Cool Cool Cool

think about it........
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: AE86 BodyKits (Grill, Front Bar, Side Skirts, Rear Wing, Etc) Thu, 24 June 2004 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill take one aswell, at 4sakens price minus 10% haaha

nah kidding, but yeh see if u can get photos of some great kits over there.
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: AE86 BodyKits (Grill, Front Bar, Side Skirts, Rear Wing, Etc) Thu, 24 June 2004 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bodykit fever is apon me!!! Razz
I hav been so inspired by this..."bodykit production"... i have begun my own..... I'll post news and pics in a few days....Look out for it in the 'Tech' section of the forum!!! Shocked (in a few days)

[Updated on: Thu, 24 June 2004 14:55]

RedAe86
Regular

Banned User

January 2003
Re: AE86 BodyKits (Grill, Front Bar, Side Skirts, Rear Wing, Etc) Mon, 05 July 2004 16:03 Go to previous message
im in japan will finish it when i get back guys
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:2x bov's for sale
Next Topic:CT26 only $175ono
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 04:49:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0079569816589355 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.