Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
3TGTE fuel pressure regulator Sat, 19 June 2004 10:25 Go to next message
does the 3TGTE have a fuel pressure regulator?

if so where is it located so i can make sure it is there?

if i wanna change it, how much for one roughly? anyone got one?

THANKS
  Send a private message to this user    
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 3TGTE fuel pressure regulator Sat, 19 June 2004 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes it does have one, its located on the exit end of the fuel rail. (at the back of the engine, the one at the front is just a dampener)

Its the one with the vaccum hose going to it Smile

No idea what a new one is worth and I would need to check to see if I had a spare one.

If you decide to go aftermarket then give the malpassi ones a wide birth. They are VERY prone to changing pressure with temperature and it only takes a very minor fuel pressure change to upset your mixtures.

A Sard fuel pressure reg will cost you $330 and are a very good quality item.

[Updated on: Sat, 19 June 2004 11:07]

fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 3TGTE fuel pressure regulator Sat, 19 June 2004 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks, that being said is it really worth changing? its still a stock motor with VL turbo fuel pump
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 3TGTE fuel pressure regulator Sat, 19 June 2004 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine now has a malpassi reg onit as the stock one was stuffed, it was getting 80+ psi at idle and not letting my injectors open Sad . i will monitor the fuel pressure to see if it changes with temp Confused
gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3TGTE fuel pressure regulator Sat, 19 June 2004 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive got a 2TG efi manifold without a fuel rail or anything

330$ is outa my price range for a fuel pressure regulator though, are there any alternatives for a pretty mild engine (stock 2tg + megasquirt efi conversion)

And is the dampener neccesary?
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 3TGTE fuel pressure regulator Sat, 19 June 2004 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my malpassi reg cost about $220 new Smile
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 3TGTE fuel pressure regulator Sat, 19 June 2004 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thetoyman75 wrote on Sat, 19 June 2004 21:05

If you decide to go aftermarket then give the malpassi ones a wide birth. They are VERY prone to changing pressure with temperature and it only takes a very minor fuel pressure change to upset your mixtures.

thats interesting to know... Confused

an option would be a fuel pressure reg from a VL commodore. they are 'external' and so are connected with hoses, rather than bolted to fuel rail... should be up to the task of the VL pump.

Cya, Stewart
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 3TGTE fuel pressure regulator Sun, 20 June 2004 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, THNAKS for that guys but there is more. if i had a digital camera then i would post pics for all to see and make things easier to ask but here goes...

firstly does anyone have a good wiring diagram that i could get a copy of? iv got the one from the clasic celicas and more page (thanks to the owner of the site for that) but it isnt that clear and a bit hard to read

secondly can anyone take a photo of the 3TGTE and send it to me? there are a few pipes missing, iv got all the pipes that are missing and the ones i dont have i can easily get but i was wondering if anyone could take a photo of their 3TGTE and send it to me for me to look at so i can figure out where they all go, also there are some pipes that just plug into the spot next to them and it doesnt look right

the whole internal wiring and stuff is all done but im not going to give it reds till the motor is fully wired and there is nothing hanging (i dont want to short ECU or anyhting else so im not going to take the risk)

thirdly i dont think i have the fuel pressure regulator, iv looked where iv been told and either cannot see it or it really isnt there, the dampener is there but no regulator and would like a pic on that too? that way i can see what it should look like and how the hoses go for that aswell

im looking at the pic of the motor on this site :-

http://users.chariot.net.au/~stmezz/3tginfo.htm

and funnily enough it has actually helped a little bit, especially with the waste gate pipes above engine mount (that is the waste gate isnt it?) but if i could get other angle pics would be a life saver.

fourthly the second last injector plug is not there. i believe i have it amongst all the other wiring that is laying around but i cannot for the life of me see where the wires are supposed to go, need help on that too?

at the end of the day i dont want to spend money for mechanics and electricians when i can do the job myself providing i know what things are and where they go so if anyone here can help, then i would owe you a debt of gratitude to say the least otherwise i will have to go PRO Crying or Very Sad
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 3TGTE fuel pressure regulator Sun, 20 June 2004 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
furher to that i was wondering if this is any good?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;item=2482211902
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3TGTE fuel pressure regulator Sun, 20 June 2004 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Sun, 20 June 2004 01:18

thetoyman75 wrote on Sat, 19 June 2004 21:05

thats interesting to know... Confused

an option would be a fuel pressure reg from a VL commodore. they are 'external' and so are connected with hoses, rather than bolted to fuel rail... should be up to the task of the VL pump.

Cya, Stewart

well if it is from a VL turbo, then this may be correct, if it has the right base pressure for the 3T (assuming factory management).

remember that the fuel pressure needs to rise as the boost pressure rises or you will definitely run into fuelling troubles - ie base pressure = 40 psi (no vacuum) 35 or so at idle (vacuum) 50 psi (with 10lbs of boost). If you get a dual diaphragm reg (sard make on of these too $uber) then you can get rising rate (perhaps 70 psi at 10lbs).

Fuel regs aint fuel regs
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 3TGTE fuel pressure regulator Sun, 20 June 2004 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fade-e,

I personally wouldn't use that one/type pictured. That ebay Auction is for a malpassi.

Fly PSI,

You will have to watch it pretty closely mate. a very minor change in fuel pressure can have an effect on the air fuel ratios.

Gearbox,

Mate a stock/factory fuel pressure reg will be fine for your application. As long as it is set to the correct base fuel pressure you will be fine. Unless your 2TG is Turbo charged ???

fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 3TGTE fuel pressure regulator Sun, 20 June 2004 13:47 Go to previous message
guess im not going the malpassi... what bout this one

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;category=32624&item=2482398431&rd=1

ALSO

i can get one for $180 which came off a 13B turbo or another one for $250 off a similar car with guage

not sure what brand but they are from a gut that does performance rotors for a living and he runs his cars, i just want to know if theya re a good price

also anything in respect to the other stuff im after?

Quote:

firstly does anyone have a good wiring diagram that i could get a copy of? iv got the one from the clasic celicas and more page (thanks to the owner of the site for that) but it isnt that clear and a bit hard to read

secondly can anyone take a photo of the 3TGTE and send it to me? there are a few pipes missing, iv got all the pipes that are missing and the ones i dont have i can easily get but i was wondering if anyone could take a photo of their 3TGTE and send it to me for me to look at so i can figure out where they all go, also there are some pipes that just plug into the spot next to them and it doesnt look right

the whole internal wiring and stuff is all done but im not going to give it reds till the motor is fully wired and there is nothing hanging (i dont want to short ECU or anyhting else so im not going to take the risk)

and funnily enough it has actually helped a little bit, especially with the waste gate pipes above engine mount (that is the waste gate isnt it?) but if i could get other angle pics would be a life saver.

fourthly the second last injector plug is not there. i believe i have it amongst all the other wiring that is laying around but i cannot for the life of me see where the wires are supposed to go, need help on that too?

at the end of the day i dont want to spend money for mechanics and electricians when i can do the job myself providing i know what things are and where they go so if anyone here can help, then i would owe you a debt of gratitude to say the least otherwise i will have to go PRO

thanks in advance!!!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:alternators (was: do brakes suck fuel?)
Next Topic:removing stickers
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 02:53:15 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057120323181152 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.