Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Girlfriend For Sale! (5) 1 Vote(s)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Tue, 01 June 2004 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well the new model came out tonite for the 1st test run, and it proved to be pretty good..sorry lads not for sale yet! Cool
  Send a private message to this user    
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Wed, 02 June 2004 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can we at least have a road and track report then??? Sad Laughing Shocked Rolling Eyes
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Wed, 02 June 2004 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about E.O.I?
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Wed, 02 June 2004 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Considering I've only ever seen some fat bloke wearing one of your red tops, but not you, I'd need to see pics along with your detailed EOI please?!
HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Wed, 02 June 2004 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahahahaha.... Now thats Funny.

CLG.
It wasn't missrolla's shirt.... it was Miss22's
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Wed, 02 June 2004 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bhahahaha
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Wed, 02 June 2004 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
missrolla wrote on Tue, 01 June 2004 12:23

thetoyman75 wrote on Sun, 30 May 2004 23:35

mmm I wonder if we could have a "track" day of some sort.
Lets call it a test and tune day lol.

Those of us looking to swap our ride could all get together and see how the different models handle ?? No entry unless you have a ride to trade of course.

Just a thought Rolling Eyes

Bahahahahahahahaha

wonders if we get to test and tune to?

We should use some standard measuring device - like a dyno.

I come fully qualified to operate the test rig/dyno Wink.

Print-outs of the Power/Talk curves will be available. NO nitrous oxide though. Octane booster, race gas, turbos and superchargers are all good (nothing like a good blower as long as it doesn't whine) - as is injection.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Wed, 02 June 2004 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YelloRolla wrote on Wed, 02 June 2004 18:34

Print-outs of the Power/Talk curves will be available. NO nitrous oxide though. Octane booster, race gas, turbos and superchargers are all good (nothing like a good blower as long as it doesn't whine) - as is injection.

Laughing

Blowers without whines are damn good!

A road/ track report clint? Dunno about overall performance yet, need to take it for a few more definitive test drives first. Goes very fast and likes taking a good bit of throttle though!
Razz
Blake
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Thu, 03 June 2004 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone got any dyno vids Rolling Eyes
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Thu, 03 June 2004 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr DOHC wrote on Thu, 03 June 2004 20:15

anyone got any dyno vids Rolling Eyes

Dirty Bastard!! Laughing

But i have many!
4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Thu, 03 June 2004 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

There's nothing like a good dyno. Especially when it goes off track, then reaches its peak Evil or Very Mad and then after too
much running she blows Shocked Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Thu, 03 June 2004 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i can't think of anything to say i can't stop laughing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon12.gif  Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Fri, 04 June 2004 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Kylie I would have no problems at all letting you take me for a test drive Wink

I'm sure the rest of the boys would be happy to let the ladies involved pick we got to test drive who first.

Jason, As the organiser of all But Toymods very first Dyno day I think I will be more than qualified to take charge of the Dyno runs and evaluate the results. Of course I will need a qualified Dyno opperator to assist in each case.

[Updated on: Fri, 04 June 2004 13:52]

YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Fri, 04 June 2004 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will this mean that you are going to watch and make sure that no fiddling with the dynos knobs and dials will happen - perhaps giving a false reading?

I have no issues of performance anxiety if this be the case.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Fri, 04 June 2004 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep ! I think in the interest of fairness I will need to observe each Dyno run and of course assist where ever necessary.

Knob fiddling and button pressing will be accepted but only under careful supervison. As with all Dyno days we will of course take pictures and/or film of each Dyno run for future reference.

YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Fri, 04 June 2004 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rod -dude, this could very quickly turn into a 2 horse race. Laughing
I don't mind research,spending the bucks, getting my hands dirty, filling the tank with avgas and upping the boost for a wild ride.
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Sat, 05 June 2004 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NO COMMENT Very Happy

yet
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Sun, 06 June 2004 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spot the dirty old men Razz Laughing
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Sun, 06 June 2004 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm a dirty young man Smile
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Sun, 06 June 2004 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Sun, 06 June 2004 12:56

I'm a dirty young man Smile

Meeee tooooo but we are not the ones desperatly trying to swap wifes! (Be serious guys you should know marrage and kids = no more sex and no one to blame but yourselfs)

Allan
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Sun, 06 June 2004 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i tell ya wat..seein as i caught her kissin another guy last nite, ill give her away! What a slut! Was a good ride tho!

4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Mon, 07 June 2004 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmmmmmmm dunno about v1.0 particularly due to the use of red in its livery yet would a 6pack of your fave beverage be adequate compensation for stress/duress suffered thus far in your ownership inclusive the free removal of aforementioned models gentlemen ?
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Fri, 18 June 2004 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What grade & how much oil is required for each service?
What's the required time between services?

Funny thread though, is she still reading it?
HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Fri, 18 June 2004 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve,
I thought this thread had gone to sleep Rolling Eyes
And yes we are all reading it still.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Fri, 18 June 2004 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan,

I guess we opperate on a different set of Rules here in NSW Kids just means you have to wait till they go to sleep.... several times a week !
Razz
T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Fri, 18 June 2004 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll take It.

Subject to Finance, not sure if the bank will allow me to own and maintain two seperate entities. Might be too risky overdrawing on the current ride.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Fri, 18 June 2004 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thetoyman75 wrote on Fri, 18 June 2004 22:16

Allan,

I guess we opperate on a different set of Rules here in NSW Kids just means you have to wait till they go to sleep.... several times a week !
Razz

Im not marryed thankfully
GRLTOY
Regular

December 2003
  Creator of Mischief
Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Sat, 19 June 2004 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

The older model does this religiously, the newer more empowered models have equality issues.

Although remotely witty, I'm inclined to disagree with your statement, or at least get you to give a relative age to you older and newer models. I would presently regard myself as one of the 'newer' models and I can say (with some reservations) that I cook, clean, wash, iron and do the grocery shopping. I've got a rather good system actually. I shop, he cooks Wink.

Empowermeant breeds self-actualisation, the highest level of the need hierarchy, and emerges from the previous societal norms of sexual discrimination and male dominance.
4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Sat, 19 June 2004 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=GRLTOY wrote on Sat, 19 June 2004 19:16]
Quote:

Empowermeant breeds self-actualisation, the highest level of the need hierarchy, and emerges from the previous societal norms of sexual discrimination and male dominance.

Is that not a direct quote from Mr. Abraham Maslow ? Rolling Eyes
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Sat, 19 June 2004 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looking for E.o.i

early 1986 model
starts ok, requires some pumping
running rich due to bf
serviced very regualy
limited saftey options used by bf ( hahahahaha, joke )
brown
'lock' shaved and smoothed
car, mate and pub V1.0 compatible and runnning well
sun has turned paint browner
local car, full history
light weight but nice curves
likes thrashing, but needs warming up, dry sump, Laughing
all original, very low kms, that 'new girl' feel
suits tight tracks ( hahahaha )

all i could think of LOL Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Sat, 19 June 2004 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
truenosedan wrote on Sat, 19 June 2004 22:54

early 1986 model

This ride is only just legal for import under the 18 year rule...

likes thrashing, but needs warming up, dry sump

Must have had a hard life if its already getting a dry sump and its only just been complied!

I haven't had a ride of this age for a while so I would be keen for a test drive Very Happy
GRLTOY
Regular

December 2003
  Creator of Mischief
Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Sun, 20 June 2004 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Is that not a direct quote from Mr. Abraham Maslow

On the contrary dear fellow, it is a personal interpretation of a theory of motivation as developed by Mr Abraham Maslow Smile

Quote:

It's only ever illegal....if you get caught Wink
Oh and I'd watch that rule about the owner/driver being within a certain age respective to that of the model of the car Wink
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Sun, 20 June 2004 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maslow was full of shit, and largely a sexist pig (although admittedly only a product of the zeitgeist) - curious that a girl should choose to quote a theory which was ripped apart for not applying to women very well Smile

and back to the topic... actually, nothing on topic to say, I don't have a girlfriend to trade Smile
GRLTOY
Regular

December 2003
  Creator of Mischief
Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Mon, 21 June 2004 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On a technicality, it was Kurt Goldstein who introduced him to the notion of self-actualisation through his time spent as head of psychology where he researched human sexuality. Only about 2% of the world's population are actually self-actualising, however I feel that depends on how simple or complex your needs are. Depends on a lot of things, most of which have no relevance of an automotive forum such as this.

I'm not really sure of the basis of your
Quote:

although admittedly only a product of the zeitgeist
comment, zietgeist being described as the general intellectual and moral state or temper characteristic of any period of time. After studying motivation myself, it is of common knowledge that Maslow's are still current in OUR period of time, though have undergone processes of modification to allow for best practices.

Topic related.....hmmmzwouldn't wanna trade my man Wink
I like my little slice of Italy Wink
What's new...Draven's still single Laughing Razz hehehe

*corrected: one minor grammatical error*

[Updated on: Mon, 21 June 2004 03:32]

CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Mon, 21 June 2004 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GRLTOY wrote on Mon, 21 June 2004 11:26

Geez, I dribble shit!

GRLTOY
Regular

December 2003
  Creator of Mischief
Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Mon, 21 June 2004 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At least its pseudointellectual bullshit instead of the nonsensical bullshit this forum, like many others, is made of Rolling Eyes somethings never change...
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Mon, 21 June 2004 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im sick of women, they are too much trouble...im sticking to cars now Wink

So all my exes are for sale now!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Mon, 21 June 2004 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maslow developed his theory in the 1950s... and while women's sufferage had come, and voting rights with it, the feminist movement was yet to gain some of it's biggest wins, largely in the 70s (equal pay for example).
And while I'm not foolish enough to say that there is real equality in today's society, it is much more prevelant today than it was in the 1950s.
It's also worth remembering that psychology largely catered to the white male, and feminism in psychology is even further behind the rest of society (unfortunately).

*ahem* I might stop there - there are better places to discuss the finer points of self actualisation than a car club forum Razz

[Updated on: Mon, 21 June 2004 09:46]

Backspace
Regular

May 2003
Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Mon, 21 June 2004 17:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Sat, 19 June 2004 23:48

early 1986 model

Send her down south. She's legal.
Backspace
Regular

May 2003
Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Mon, 21 June 2004 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CLG wrote on Mon, 21 June 2004 17:11

GRLTOY wrote on Mon, 21 June 2004 11:26

Geez, I dribble shit!

Did you have your hopes up too?
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Tue, 22 June 2004 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in preparation for sale she was serviced twice this morning Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
jaikat
Regular

June 2004
Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Tue, 22 June 2004 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does the swap include the rides that are now unfullfilled due to the handler has run out of cylinders to keep on the road?
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Tue, 22 June 2004 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
has n e ones 'rides' ever been 'defected'? lol
jaikat
Regular

June 2004
Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Tue, 22 June 2004 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No defects on this ride. It's the person driving. Can't keep the engine purring. Can't drive hard and fast for any length of time. This ride was engineered to last the distance.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Tue, 22 June 2004 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bout time some girls took a few swings back Smile
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Tue, 22 June 2004 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when are you going to swing??? jokes Laughing Laughing Cool
lyle-act
Regular

June 2004
Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Wed, 23 June 2004 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so have all the ports been done? stroked?
jaikat
Regular

June 2004
Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Thu, 24 June 2004 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All ports have been done. Stroked frequently, these features are looked after often. Are there any recommendations for experienced service providers, that can look after every nook and cranny under the bonnet?
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Fri, 25 June 2004 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looking to trade? Mine's an '82 model, 5.8, with variable colour. Comes with multi-attachment self service Kit (optional) Perfect while on long business trips for maintence, Loaded with Girlfriend server, which is compatiable with most Girlfriend versions available on the market today, complete with self mute,no problem in running in Housekeeping XP Pro and System Works at the same time. Only one problem lately is that currently goes into dits mode afterloading Pub V1.0 with Wine V2.5 in the ECU, which occurred after removing UNI STUDY File, I'm sure that can be easily fixed, with a WORK file.
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Fri, 25 June 2004 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine seems to have had the 'blower' removed

im trying to work out if its a good thing

she doesnt 'service' my head,

but by taking off the blower it has resulted in reduced "talk/torque"
wil8115
Regular

June 2002
Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Mon, 28 June 2004 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
missrolla wrote on Mon, 31 May 2004 19:23

[Bahahahahahahahaha

Can you drive stick, and not have cold starting problems?? Laughing everything else works it self out..
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Mon, 28 June 2004 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well have been recently fine tuned and serviced. No problems on the cold start thanx to my personal home tuner....

Responds well in the wet.

Has no traction isuues.

and the horn goes like a trooper......

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Mon, 28 June 2004 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i havent crashed her yet, but she has terrific air bags if that ever arises! dual airbags i might add

also her cooling system seems to be up to the task, 2 hours of track work and trashing and she did not over heat Laughing Laughing Laughing
wil8115
Regular

June 2002
Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Mon, 28 June 2004 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds to good to be true.. Wink
brunette by chance? Very Happy

truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Mon, 28 June 2004 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brunette indeed Cool
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Tue, 29 June 2004 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hrmmm, after last night, she is gonna need a full rebuild, i didnt even drive her, someone flooded her with the wrong fluids ( alcohol )
wil8115
Regular

June 2002
Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Tue, 29 June 2004 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
truenosedan wrote on Mon, 28 June 2004 17:42

hrmmm, after last night, she is gonna need a full rebuild, i didnt even drive her, someone flooded her with the wrong fluids ( alcohol )

Ouch total rebuild eh.. btdt. good luck with that..
sometimes they just never seem the same after being "rebuilt" Sad
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Girlfriend For Sale! Wed, 30 June 2004 00:19 Go to previous message
the donk has been rebuilt, it behaves similar, although a little bit nicer, ill tell u after she has another service then ill really be able to tell if she has suffered Laughing
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:How to turn off messenger service !?!?!? HELP
Next Topic:Faces to the name!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:46:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0069730281829834 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.