Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » what is the smallest turbo you know of ?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
big mike
Occasional Poster

March 2004
what is the smallest turbo you know of ? Fri, 18 June 2004 04:50 Go to next message
i am building a supercharger for a postie bike (110cc) and i want to use the compressor of a tiny turbo. was thinking a honda city or a charade turbo. any ideas on other small turbos or better ideas. i know it is not toyota but any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks mike
  Send a private message to this user    
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: what is the smallest turbo you know of ? Fri, 18 June 2004 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah that would just about be the tiniest of em all , unless u get a ct12a from the soarer , they pretty small as well, or a t2 turbo from the pulsar et turbo
big mike
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: what is the smallest turbo you know of ? Fri, 18 June 2004 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a t2 will would be to big i all ready looked into that one. take to many hp to spin it. remember it will be belt/chain driven. and would make mountains of boost on such a small motor. is there a T1?
Stenno
Regular

March 2003

Re: what is the smallest turbo you know of ? Fri, 18 June 2004 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suzuki Cappuccino. Those turbos would have to be pretty small, I'm pretty sure those engines are only 660cc in capacity.
big mike
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: what is the smallest turbo you know of ? Fri, 18 June 2004 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they are slightly bigger than the charade as it was ment for a performance car. these are easyer to find though and i might try one cause no where in sydney has a charade turbo. does any one know what a honda city turbo looks like i have never seen one.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: what is the smallest turbo you know of ? Fri, 18 June 2004 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://images1.reviewcentre.com/sent-in/item7924.jpg

http://202.21.128.4/photoserver/8/3233208_full.jpg

Laughing

[Updated on: Fri, 18 June 2004 06:47]

shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: what is the smallest turbo you know of ? Fri, 18 June 2004 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
honda city turbo is the smallest turbo i have ever seen, i could just fit my little finger in the waste gate hole.

if you want a turbo as small as a city turbo, look for one you can only just fit your little figner in the wastegate hole Laughing

if you want to supercharge it, then i would look at using a supercharger, not try to convert a turbo to centrifugal super, just my opinion.

posties are 4 stroke arent they? just turbo it?
big mike
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: what is the smallest turbo you know of ? Fri, 18 June 2004 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as far as a supercharger goes i dont thin i will find one small enough 2nd hand. i can get one for $1500 new.
and yes they are 4 stroke but only single cylinder so there is not a very constant exhaust flow. and not enough to spin a turbo designed for a 600cc. not at any decent rpm any way. the bike is for circuit racing so response is important. any idea where i can get my hands on a city turbo?

ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: what is the smallest turbo you know of ? Sun, 20 June 2004 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know that the store Autojoy is selling battery operated turbos that has a a max of 3psi if thats small enough
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: what is the smallest turbo you know of ? Sun, 20 June 2004 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your gonna circuit race a postie? WTF?
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: what is the smallest turbo you know of ? Mon, 21 June 2004 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wasn't there a motorbike (suzuki??) that was turbocharged?. A guy I used to work with owned one but sold it because it was too unpredictable with power delivery and the turbos were not serviceable at all (ie you had to buy another brand new one rather than rebuild).
3sfe
Regular

March 2004
Re: what is the smallest turbo you know of ? Mon, 21 June 2004 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was just looking through an old import mag, I would assume the the smaller the cc's the smaller the turbo, if that is the case there is a suzuki alto 4wd turbo 547cc. Thing is but its putting out some big kw 47.7 in total wow, as for the charade turbo isn't that a 1000cc.
Theres a supercharger off a what they call a subaru rex(sherpa) 544cc 2cyl putting out 41kw.
But of cause theres always the problem of finding them.
Powerfiend
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: what is the smallest turbo you know of ? Mon, 21 June 2004 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Charade Turbo (CB60/61 engine) uses an IHI RHB32 turbo. They are fairly weak and therefore hard to find now and expensive as a result.
The late 80's Daihatsu Mira came out with an RHB31 turbo which were smaller still.

The Turbo from the Honda City is relatively big in comparison to these two being the RHB5 model which also came out on the Mazda B6T motors and the CB70 twin cam Daihatsu Motors in different specs.

Your best bet would be to just visit a couple of jap wreckers and see what's about. The demand for the size of turbo you want is really low so you would probably be able to find something suitable for 100-200 dollars.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: what is the smallest turbo you know of ? Mon, 21 June 2004 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The standard turbo off a suzuki cappuccino will just fit a 10 cent coin in the intake side. It is physically the size of your fist. They come off a 657cc engine so should be good for what you need. They can push around the 16-17 psi mark.

big mike
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: what is the smallest turbo you know of ? Tue, 22 June 2004 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks heaps guys. yeah i race a postie. off road. so far a ported head, lumpy cam, lower gearing, open stainless exaust, coustome manifold (inlet) and a big carby. with a few other secret mods Shocked .the Daihatsu Mira sounds good. do you know of a wrecker who might have these i tried sss and ichiebarn all the big places but they dont want to know about it.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: what is the smallest turbo you know of ? Tue, 22 June 2004 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
big mike wrote on Tue, 22 June 2004 10:28

yeah i race a postie. off road.

Now that'd be something to see !!!!!
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: what is the smallest turbo you know of ? Tue, 22 June 2004 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Tue, 22 June 2004 11:21

yeah i race a postie. off road.

Pics please? Rolling Eyes or a video Cool
big mike
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: what is the smallest turbo you know of ? Tue, 22 June 2004 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
www.postiebikes.com
my bikes are the ones with yellow front guards.
at the moment we lift the front wheel as you change into 3rd.
they are alot of fun to race and you can learn heaps about modifying a 4 stroke for little $$. now after having a boosted car i just want a boosted bike.

YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: what is the smallest turbo you know of ? Tue, 22 June 2004 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lumpy wrote on Mon, 21 June 2004 15:15

Wasn't there a motorbike (suzuki??) that was turbocharged?. A guy I used to work with owned one but sold it because it was too unpredictable with power delivery and the turbos were not serviceable at all (ie you had to buy another brand new one rather than rebuild).

GPZ 750 turbo - yes suzuki.
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: what is the smallest turbo you know of ? Tue, 22 June 2004 08:30 Go to previous message
Shit how many letters are you trying to delive rin one run Mike? lol
sorry.....
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:T-Vis plus a Full Exhaust
Next Topic:4AGZE - 2.25" or 2/5" exhaust? OPINIONS!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 21:24:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048758983612061 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.