Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
icon5.gif  FWD drifts Mon, 21 June 2004 15:10 Go to next message
I was in my sisters pulsar the other day heading home and as the car is new (to her) i wanted to put it thru it's paces so i pulled on the handbrake comming off the main rd and on2 the dirt i got it sideways and with the right amount of throttle and handbrake i held it perfect then flicked it back and did it the other way i did it most of the way down the rd. Now a couple of mates have fwd cars and i can do the same in their cars but i can't explain how it sounds weird but for me there is no method to it i just feel what i need 2 do and do it i no it's not hard to hold a drift in fwd car (altho this was the 1st time ever) can you help me explain how to do it ?

Mookiemadskillz
  Send a private message to this user    
iwantalevin
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: FWD drifts Tue, 22 June 2004 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolling Eyes Hey mookie, there are a couple of ways to drift FWD. You can flick the wheels to the outside of the corner and then back in, reverse steer and then correct at the same time hopping off the throttle and then jumping back on, causing the back end to flick around. You can use the handbrake to do this as well if you want. It's a techique used in rallying (minus the Handbrake Surprised ). It still is not really up to par with A good RWD setup for drift (Nissan or even yes you guessed it AE86).

Here is a bit of a laugh...

http://users.froggy.com.au/wayz/FWD_Drifting_.asf

Wheeeeee!

And
http://www.modernracer.com/tips/frontwheeldriveove rsteer.html

also
http://www.driftsession.com/faqs/faqs.htm

Drifting cars not set up for drift can (and usually does) shorten the life of said cars. I'm doing the rear wheel bearings in a ET Pulsar at the moment cos of the fondness of it's last owner of playing the big drift kid.

[Updated on: Tue, 22 June 2004 06:29]

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: FWD drifts Tue, 22 June 2004 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Is it possible for an AE86 to defeat higher horsepower vehicles on the downhill?
Anything is possible in racing. Put down the Initial D and step away slowly.

HA HA HA HA HA HA!
iwantalevin
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: FWD drifts Tue, 22 June 2004 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ees funny, No? Laughing
halfplugged
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: FWD drifts Wed, 23 June 2004 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the best way i have found to drift a FWD (ST162 Camry and Excel)
is go out and fing a nice wide corner on a "closed Road" such as a entry onto a main road ect,

Technique 1:

the first tech is to come into the corner at a fair speed, in lets say 3rd, keeping the revs up high take the car back to second gear wich will result in understeering(this needs to be done BEFORE the corner, we dont want any1 to get 0wned on any gutters Confused ) once you have a fair amout of understeer and the car is beginning to turn around the corner, give the handbrake a quick pull to lock the rear
wheels, this will result in a weight shift causing the rear of the car to slide, once the car is sliding keep the throttle down, and use your left foot to tap the brake to keep the back end out, easy as that!Razz

Technique 2:

this time come into a "closed" roundabout at a good rate of speed
again take the car back a gear or to to get the understeer, hold the throttle to the FLOOR, when you are about 1/2 way around the round about lift off the throttle really quickly and give the brakes a jab, the car will slide o the left, then it will swithc back to the right fairly quicklyonce u can do this on a round about try it on some nice flowing corners, this tech of drifting can be done at highspeeds aswell Cool

REMEMBER: drifting is not about getting sideways after the corner, its about being sideways around the corner
lyle-act
Regular

June 2004
Re: FWD drifts Wed, 23 June 2004 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
depends on how your have the suspenion set up. To get really good drifts happening in a fwd get rear set a 'tiny' bit higher than the front, that way you dont understear that much, and as said above, you can jab at the brakes and get it to come out... make sure you have high revs though so you can power out otherwise you'll end up backwards ^_^
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: FWD drifts Sat, 03 July 2004 06:47 Go to previous message
Well i tried ur methods and they all work fine . I got my mates 2 read them and they can do it too . not well but they can do it . Thanks 4 making our drives more interesting . It's fun do 2 stuff but at times it's nice 2 also watch sum1 else
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:aw11 vs (updated 030704)
Next Topic:KE20 Khana result!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 08:14:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056290626525879 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.