Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
OnAHigh
Regular

March 2004
replacing the shocks Thu, 17 June 2004 15:32 Go to next message
Hey guys just want a quick opinion, i can get a set of 4 monroe shocks for $130. question is should I? or should i stick with the standard ones as they dont seem to be giving me any problems, apart from the squeaking noise from the front end, but i doubt thats the shocks. the car is a sv21 camry

also Im getting it lowered 2" whiteline rear and kings front., so should this be more reason to do the shocks aswell? or should i keep the standard ones, since lowering it will shorten the life span of the shocks. might aswell use and abuse em aye

any opinions?

cheers
Dave
  Send a private message to this user    
OnAHigh
Regular

March 2004
Re: replacing the shocks Fri, 18 June 2004 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone? Crying or Very Sad
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: replacing the shocks Fri, 18 June 2004 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If it aint broke dont fix it.
Also monroe are shit
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: replacing the shocks Sun, 20 June 2004 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you are lowering the car 2 inches it would be a good idea to replace the shocks with ones suited for the car at that ride height, it would give you a much more comfortable ride due to the stiffer nature of the shock which would cause less body roll, and in my opinion that is more comfortable. Another reward would be a car with better handling.
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: replacing the shocks Sun, 20 June 2004 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae95 wrote on Sat, 19 June 2004 02:27

If it aint broke dont fix it.
Also monroe are shit

as HotRolla how shit monroes are

i had my camry lowered 2 inches on kings springs with monreo sensatrac shocks and the thing was on rails and i could drive it harder than he could drive his, he also recently admitted i would have beaten him thru the gorge in my camry (prolly explains why he neva wanted to race me) and hes got an AE93 hatch with a fair bit of work done to it.

espeically with the strut brace the car was awsome fun to drive and so forgiving, then when i learned to left foot brake the fun only became more.

dont mix u springs jsut get kings springs (u'll only be able to run 14's with 65 profiles max - try get 60's if u can theyre much better - with 195 wide if u lower it 2 inches) and monroes come with a 2yr unlimited km warranty too so yeah and i neva had a problem with mine but mine was too low i kept bottoming out on bumpy coners ect.
heruur
Newcomer

May 2004
Re: replacing the shocks Mon, 21 June 2004 15:54 Go to previous message
4 for $130?! where the hell?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:New discs for JDM AE86 rear end????
Next Topic:2jzgte head differences ??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 10:36:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00547194480896 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.