Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Rene
Newcomer

June 2004
AE82 Corolla Stereo Installation Tue, 22 June 2004 06:03 Go to next message
Can anyone tell me the factory wiring colour codes for an AE82 corolla stereo? I am trying to install a head unit on my girlfriends car and the previous owner has taken the stereo. He did label the wires, but they don't seem to be correct. Specifically I cannot find a wire for switched 12V from the ignition, none of the wires in there seem to have 12V with the ignition on. I have found constant 12V and ground, but i wanted to ask before i spent my weekend pulling apart all the dash panels to run a new wire through.

I did replace the audio fuse in the fuse block on the passenger side of the engine bay, is there another fuse i should look at? All the other fuses in that block seem to be ok. Anyone have any advice?
  Send a private message to this user    
Tats
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: AE82 Corolla Stereo Installation Tue, 22 June 2004 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I couldn't find one when I did mine either. Ended up leaving the stereo on constant power, then ran a new acc wire to fix up the dodgyness when I sold it. Sorry I can't help.
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: AE82 Corolla Stereo Installation Tue, 22 June 2004 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey i really doubt their will be a accessories wire in the original radio loom, because the orig deck would hav been an analog/push button. using a test light, go to ur key barrel and find a 12volt acc wire, and fuse it.it might be a black and red wire.
good luck Smile
Rene
Newcomer

June 2004
Re: AE82 Corolla Stereo Installation Tue, 22 June 2004 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm, okay then. I would have thought that any factory system would be switched throught the ignition, otherwise you could run the stereo without the key in and potentially run the battery flat. I might try to run one from the cig lighter or something similar if there is one. Does anyone have a gregory's manual or similar with a wiring diagram that could tell me how the factory system is run?

[Updated on: Tue, 22 June 2004 06:26]

nicked
Regular

I supported Toymods

September 2003
Re: AE82 Corolla Stereo Installation Tue, 22 June 2004 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not sure if this solves your problem... im no electrician but it worked for me - except i uncommondededed the grounds
http://pub207.ezboard.com/ffwdtoyotafrm24.showMess age?topicID=76.topic

Hope that helps
Rene
Newcomer

June 2004
Re: AE82 Corolla Stereo Installation Tue, 22 June 2004 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the quick replies. I will have another look on the weekend, hopefully i have enough time and patience to finish the job.
Rene
Newcomer

June 2004
Re: AE82 Corolla Stereo Installation Sun, 27 June 2004 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Not sure if this solves your problem... im no electrician but it worked for me - except i uncommondededed the grounds
http://pub207.ezboard.com/ffwdtoyotafrm24.showMess age?topicID=76.topic

Hope that helps

This list was very helpfull. I already had the power and ground worked out but a blown fuse stopped me from finding the switched 12v from ignition. I found the fuses under the bonnet the first time and fixed them, but there were more in the kicker panel drivers side...nicked, you're list of wiring was spot on, stereo is pumping now.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: AE82 Corolla Stereo Installation Mon, 28 June 2004 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pull accesories from the clock on top of the dash...
rustfree
Regular

May 2004
Re: AE82 Corolla Stereo Installation Mon, 28 June 2004 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no offence but wouldn't the clock be wired to constant. otherwise it wouldn't work when the ignition is off
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: AE82 Corolla Stereo Installation Mon, 28 June 2004 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all ya gotta do is get a $5 test light, turn the key on, and check the wires with the test light, once one lights up, turn the key off and see if it still lights up.

just put a cd player in my gfs ae92 sx, whats white with a red strip? is that constant? if you really want i can pull it out and check if you want.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: AE82 Corolla Stereo Installation Mon, 28 June 2004 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE92 has totally different wiring colours to the AE82.

As for the clock - obviously one of the 3 wires is permanent power, 2nd is earth... and ill see if you can guess what the 3rd one is Razz
.. no offense taken, or given Razz

the accesories wire on most aftermarket Head units doesnt takeany of the actual power load for the unit - that is all taken up by the permanent power wire. The accesories wire to these decks simply "turns on" the deck when you click the car into ACC.
Rene
Newcomer

June 2004
Re: AE82 Corolla Stereo Installation Tue, 29 June 2004 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

all ya gotta do is get a $5 test light, turn the key on, and check the wires with the test light, once one lights up, turn the key off and see if it still lights up.

Had a test light, none lit up with accessories on. Problem was blown fuses all though I checked these initially under the bonnet i didn't find the ones in the cabin.

For anyone installing their stereo in a corolla just follow 'nicked' wiring guide on the link above. His wiring/colour code guide was correct. No need to go taking wires from all over the place unless they have an open circuit somewhere in the line.
rustfree
Regular

May 2004
Re: AE82 Corolla Stereo Installation Tue, 29 June 2004 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
witzl, i thought the third wire is illumination? why would the clock need accessories?? in 8 years of fitting car stereos i haven't seen accessories on a clock yet. but i could be wrong!

[Updated on: Tue, 29 June 2004 06:55]

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: AE82 Corolla Stereo Installation Tue, 29 June 2004 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how do you propose that the digital clock illuminates only when the key is turned to ACC? magic? Razz

Yes, they do also hook up to ILLUM, but thats just to dim the digital clock when it gets dark...
rustfree
Regular

May 2004
Re: AE82 Corolla Stereo Installation Tue, 29 June 2004 07:54 Go to previous message
fair enough. digital clock. oops. funny that there wouldn't be acc in the original harness though....... a digital clock but analog radio!

[Updated on: Tue, 29 June 2004 07:56]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4AG oil cooler Pics needed
Next Topic:4AG OIL COOLER
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 21 20:15:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042901039123535 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.