Toymods » General Car Talk » ST162 dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 20 June 2004 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://goodshopping.com.au/celica/celica-Thumbnails/5.jpg

ST162GTR your car looks sweet Smile, how wide are your tyres?.
  Send a private message to this user    
dar_sbb
Regular

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 20 June 2004 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got my boss kit (saas) for 79 bucks from autobarn
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 20 June 2004 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got my saas one from autobarn too. but i paid $39!, because i work there Razz j/k
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 20 June 2004 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys, just a quick shout out to rob cuthbert aka eskiboy, for doing me a great deal on the 162 i just picked up from him, i'll start a new thread in members rides as soon as i've got some piccies for ya's. once again thanks to eskiboy Smile
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 21 June 2004 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SMT_007, my wheels are 7.5" wide, no spacers if ur wondering,just the right offsets, but as for ride height, mate its sky high, need to bring it in for landing.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 21 June 2004 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you want to get a BOSS adapter kit, if you can be bothered be sure to ask for a 'collapsible' one, you don't really want to know what happens when you have an accident and you have one of the older design ones. Sure, they'll hold together, but they may also cost you your chest??? I think mine cost about $90.
SCO-77K
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 22 June 2004 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ST162GT-R wrote on Mon, 21 June 2004 19:17

SMT_007, my wheels are 7.5" wide, no spacers if ur wondering,just the right offsets, but as for ride height, mate its sky high, need to bring it in for landing.

i got 7.5" too, i needed spacers on the rear tho, and my ride height is way to high, its needs lowering badly!
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 22 June 2004 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, just wondering how many guys are gonna bring their st162's to dyno day 9 this week?? just wondering, i plan on going, i wanna go on the dyno's hopefully there will be availablity, or even just to check out others.
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 22 June 2004 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was wondering, what sort of oil and oil filters do you guys use for your cars? I'm a sucker for big brands, so i've insisted on using Mobil 1 as oil and at the moment tryng to get hold of K&N oil filter. Thoughts?? Question
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 22 June 2004 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jonchai wrote on Tue, 22 June 2004 20:53

I was wondering, what sort of oil and oil filters do you guys use for your cars? I'm a sucker for big brands, so i've insisted on using Mobil 1 as oil and at the moment tryng to get hold of K&N oil filter. Thoughts?? Question

Yeah Mobil 1 would be best as long as it doesnt burn the oil too quickly, what engine do you have, 3sge?, as for oil filters i have never tried a k&n one the usual repco and valvoline filters are fine as long as they meet aus standards( whats a k&n oil filter worth?), if your after performance on the dyno, change your fuel filter and spark plugs if they havnt been changed for about a year. Also some octane booster like nulon pro streangth wouldnt hurt with some mobil synergy 8000 or Vortex Gold Very Happy.

Any St162's going on the dyno?

[Updated on: Tue, 22 June 2004 12:52]

Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 22 June 2004 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll be on the dyno, and so will rob. If any other 162 beats me i will be impressed.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 22 June 2004 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neutral

poor me
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 22 June 2004 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hrm - I know I won't be there, cause I live in Adelaide Razz
Also, I've heard that generally Ultimate 98 is a better fuel than Synergy 8000, either that or get Optimax. Dunno about Vortex Gold though???
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 22 June 2004 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hell yeah guys I'll be there on DD9 to spin the rollers, come on down would love to meet some of you, I'm not in Sydney often for these events, so yeah. Very Happy

Rob I reckon if we turbo you motor run say 20psi boost through it and you only start it to run the dyno, i reckon you could take Draza Laughing Laughing althought that would unfortunatly leave you without a car Sad Sad but at least that would make time to go ST165 Very Happy Very Happy

[Updated on: Tue, 22 June 2004 14:43]

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 22 June 2004 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Can we Turbo Robs motor in 11 Days? Before DD9[ 9 vote(s) ]
1.Yes if we do a really dodgy job 8 / 89%
2.Not a chance in hell 0 / 0%
3.Yes with a proper job 1 / 11%

So whats the verdict???

Does Rob have a chance to Take Draza's Challenge?

[Updated on: Tue, 22 June 2004 14:53]

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 22 June 2004 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rofl hahahaahah

I voted "yes with a dodgy job!" lol

Draza ain't in my category so I am sweet.. he can boost himself to china but he ain't touchin' me lol Very Happy

tho... I WOULD like a turbo.... Wink
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 23 June 2004 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude i don't want to go to china, i can't speak a word.

Wiso, i don't know how u will go against me, so maybe i will have a challenge at DD9 from another GT2.
takahashi
Regular

January 2003

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 23 June 2004 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey rob, Are you interested in selling your stock exhaust? lol Mines killing me now.

I got my hands on a SAAS Steering wheel. $50 its alright.
So I know SAAS boss kits are readily avalible but where can i get a cheap deal? can anyone help me out? Someone in the thread said they got theres for $39 cz they work at autobarn Laughing Any chance you can grab another and i'll pay ya? lol. Or any other cheap deals around?
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 23 June 2004 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alright Rob it looks like we better get started on your *cough* turbo conversion *cough* Up To Something we don't have long so all ounces of dodgyness will be required to half complete this task, and we don't have alot of money so it will mostly rely on tape (masking, electrical, and duct), what we can find at the tip, and any donations.

The votes look like they are rolling in.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 23 June 2004 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep - I voted yes with a dodgy job Smile

btw - anyone know how quick a 'GT2' is to 100km/h? I would imagine it'd be quicker than a GT4 right?
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 23 June 2004 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can't tell for sure, but I had a mate once we used the stopwatch, I got like 7.1, close but not 100% accurate, but remember mines from an ST165 which is said to be 7.9, so yeah a tad better. It all depends if you can lay the power down without wheelspin, thats the hardest part when you have that much torque.

and probably close cause at Dubbo I got as my sig say 9.92 1/8th which I was pulling a trap speed of 130km/hr (hehe isn't that what the 3sge ST162 does over a quater Evil or Very Mad )
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 23 June 2004 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah you can include mine to be at DD9, hopefully have soem time to get mine on the dyno. anyone have the address by the way of this place??
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 23 June 2004 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the dude with the gt2 on fullboost.com. i rang him when he was selling his car coz i was interested. he ran a 1/4 in 13.7 and 0-100kms in 4.9 secs Very Happy

i'm hoping i can get in the 5sec bracket when my conversion is done. with intake, exhaust

[Updated on: Wed, 23 June 2004 11:09]

smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 23 June 2004 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Il come to the dyno day with my camry, pulling the celica around hurts my back Confused, or il try and convince my sister to give me her st184 for the day and il run it Cool.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 23 June 2004 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7.9 from a standard ST165? I can't wait to test that out...doesn't seem too optimistic either. I'd be glad to get somewhere in the mid 8 range from such an old turbo 4WD car.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 24 June 2004 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dudes I ran 15.84 with a slipping clutch so I am pretty happy I guess with a .2 reaction

need a new clutch now and hopefully I can get 15.6 or so.. Smile But yeah, pretty tough on the car but lots of fun
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 24 June 2004 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
15.84 is pretty bloody quick! A stock ST165 probably does about 15 flat (possibly high 14s).
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 24 June 2004 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Congrats Rob

They say a stock 165 is about 15.6 Confused thats what all the road tests say anyways
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 24 June 2004 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my car ain't no 165 Sad so I guess I should be happy? I was secretly hoping for like a 15.6 or 7.. when I get my clutch done now I should get that I guess Smile

if I did have a 165 it would not be stock Smile *mwah ha*
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 24 June 2004 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey rob did great runs, wasn't too far off me. My best for the night was 15.267, with a speed of 145.11 km/h.

Yes i had some problems on the night, i wasn't getting full boost, only geting about 5psi for most gears. And i need to improve my launch.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 24 June 2004 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you guys get these times from Eastern creek Dragway?, or some gtech?
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 24 June 2004 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No way would a stock ST162 get 15.6 - but then again, I always play figures down so that's typical.

(edit)
I'm a dumbass - wiso said ST165 - that's more like it Smile
(/edit)

I'm hoping to get 3" exhaust plus blow off valve (plumb back) for my GT4 - will do more mods when credit card is paid off. Btw - I might be out and about in the eastern states if I qualify for the national TKD championship so I'll let you guys know so we can cruise Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 24 June 2004 11:35]

SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 24 June 2004 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aust162 wrote on Wed, 23 June 2004 21:08

the dude with the gt2 on fullboost.com. i rang him when he was selling his car coz i was interested. he ran a 1/4 in 13.7 and 0-100kms in 4.9 secs Very Happy

Yeah I still need to call him, he's name is George, knows a shitload about st162s, is he still sellin it for 10G because for anyone thats interested, it's a damn good deal!!!

By the way seeming I haven't joined this thread for a while(sorry guys Sad ) but are WRXs the same stud pattern as the ST model, its just a quicky because a guy came through today and said he loved my rims, but he wanted 18s, i wanted to know seeming there wasn't much response to my Q in the Tech section (i probably haven't earnt enough RESPECT), but if so, this would make the brake upgrade REALLY worthwhile, WRX rotors and calipers with a bit of modification would be a great asset.
If anyone has any suggestions, then they earn a massive smiley.
Thanks please?!
Cheers
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 24 June 2004 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

i wanted to know seeming there wasn't much response to my Q in the Tech section (i probably haven't earnt enough RESPECT),

I'm pretty sure they are both 5x100, but I don't know if the offset is the same, anyone clear that up? I'd have a look at my dad's wrx if it were here right now, maybe later today. Currently he's having his second gearbox replaced (it's stock and he doesn't even thrash it, come on the guy's 50 something!)...those WRX gearboxes either suck or he's got two duds in a row.

I don't know if you can interchange the brakes between the two but I guess it's worth a look. GT4 brakes fit on much easier and are cheap if you can come across some...although they are alot heavier and not as effective.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 24 June 2004 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dag nab it, I missed another tiny detail.

Yeah ST has 4x114.3 or something? Whereas the SX has 5x100 - and I'm *think* the WRX is 5x100, I'll look later today!
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 25 June 2004 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[QUOTE][By the way seeming I haven't joined this thread for a while(sorry guys ) but are WRXs the same stud pattern as the ST model, /QUOTE]

I forgive you Wink lol

dude the ST model is a 4x????? pattern, I won't commit to whether it was 114.3 or 100 as I am not sure, the SX is 5x100 with a 37 offset or so

WRX wheels ARE 5x100 but you have to add spacers to the back I think?
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 25 June 2004 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The SX bolt pattern is definitely 5x100 as people have been saying, the standard offset is +39mm.

I believe the offset of the WRX rims (both 16" and 17") is +53mm. (But I will stand corrected if someone finds out for sure.) So this means they will still bolt up, but the centreline of the rim will be 14mm further inward than before. (This is quite noticable when WRX rims are fitted to Celicas, especially on the rear wheels.) Moving the centreline inwards as a result of the increased offset will narrow your track width as well. You'd have to check the legalities of that - here in QLD you are allowed to increase your track by up to 26mm, but not decrease it.

And if the WRX rim is wider than your originals, the inside face of the tyre will move inwards even further again. So you're more likely to have the inside of the tyre rub on the suspension, depending on the amount of clearance you have there now. The solution of course is to use spacers to bring them back out again, but these are illlegal in QLD as well......but may be OK in other states.

At least that's my understanding of it.

-Matt
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 25 June 2004 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SillyCar88 wrote on Fri, 25 June 2004 01:27

By the way seeming I haven't joined this thread for a while(sorry guys Sad ) but are WRXs the same stud pattern as the ST model, its just a quicky because a guy came through today and said he loved my rims, but he wanted 18s, i wanted to know seeming there wasn't much response to my Q in the Tech section (i probably haven't earnt enough RESPECT), but if so, this would make the brake upgrade REALLY worthwhile, WRX rotors and calipers with a bit of modification would be a great asset.
If anyone has any suggestions, then they earn a massive smiley.
Thanks please?!
Cheers

OKAY I just read this today, and it has to be my GAYEST POST EVER,
1.The whole respect thing was really a joke, I really wasnt being serious, it was more of a payout to myself in a way.
2.Also sorry once again for WRX thing there, for some strange reason I thought they were 4 stud *slaps forehead*
3.And the whole massive smiley thing is just plain GHEY
4.I just returned from the pub last night, and was kinda tipsy *falls onto forehead*

Fuck! I feel like a total dickhead, I've let down this whole st162 dedicated thread. *slap,slap,slap what was I thinking*
Thanks everyone for pointing it out though.

Anyway does anyone have any ideas for my brakes, its kinda important, i wish I had a SX because things would be so much easier, ohhh well
Thanks & Sorry once again
Cooba (aka Dickhead)

[Updated on: Fri, 25 June 2004 04:49]

RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 25 June 2004 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hrm - I'd be getting rid o' those rear drums for starters (yes I know drums can actually brake better than discs, but they get hot quickly)...I imagine it's a case of swapping the whole hub assembly from an SX over...

As for the fronts, err, dunno - maybe similar thing ??? Smile

You may be able to fit on even later model celica hubs + calipers etc like the 185 or 205? Anyone know more about that?
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 25 June 2004 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
funny how none of you know this ST is 4x100 39 offset Wink
SX is 5x100 39 offset

but these can also often be 38 offset just aswell

yes WRX is 5x100 45 offest

ST185 & ST184 front hubs will mostprobably fit (they are very similar to 16* hubs), ST205's no chance, the drive shafts won't fit (205 hubs are monstorus)

[Updated on: Fri, 25 June 2004 11:59]

SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 25 June 2004 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wellllll? I'm surprised no one went with the whole "don't be so hard on yourself" thing, ohhh well maybe i can get some sympathy elsewhere. Ive obviously embarrassed the whole st162 community on ToyMods (just kidding, i hope). Very Happy

Anyhow while I'm on the topic of being a dickhead, I'll drop in this link to my NO RESPECT question regarding my brakes, so some of you might understand what I maybe looking for. The thought of using brakes from another car are now go through my head.

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=37533&start=0&rid=3460&S=1e3769c1743 1a2fb6e48cef30a2605b3

Thanks

3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 28 June 2004 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i might be trying if the st185 hubs fit the st162 soon cause i think i've fucked a wheels bearing and be good to use newer hubs, ball joint and bearing and the proper stone disk shield the the little cooling duct.

Nezza Cool
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 29 June 2004 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ey all,

I have a tiny bubble in the paint on my sunroof and I want to have it repaired. I was wondering how hard it is to take the sun roof off? If anyone knows how to do it, can you please give me some instructions?

To have it resprayed I was quoted $100 but he said he dident know how long it would take to get the sunroof out, so if I could do it I could save some cash.

Thanx for any help in advance.
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 29 June 2004 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.tuning.cz/lander/beams.htm

Who needs a turbo to get to 200bhp with a fwd 3sge when you can buy one of these Smile
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 29 June 2004 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AHHHHHHHHHHH YOU ARE TORTURING ME!!
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 29 June 2004 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
only 200hp at the fly, come on i want more than that. I want 200kw at the wheels.
sik sx
Regular

I supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 29 June 2004 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok just wandering what is the best or most suited oil to my 3sge st162...its 2500km's after engine rebuild..1985 model..270 000 km's..etc
also any ideas on pro's and cons on the 4-1 extracters compared to the stock or even the 4-2-1
thanks heaps
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 29 June 2004 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3S-GE_Man wrote on Tue, 29 June 2004 01:20

i might be trying if the st185 hubs fit the st162 soon cause i think i've fucked a wheels bearing and be good to use newer hubs, ball joint and bearing and the proper stone disk shield the the little cooling duct.

Nezza Cool

Hey Nezza you've just finished a GTE conversion right? I think Keyroo dropped your name a while back at a cruise, but I couldn't really find you anyhow howd the whole conversion go or is it still going?
By the way you have a SX model 162 right? So yeah you'll most definately benefit from using the 185 hubs, but there might be some modification involved, not much though.

sik sx: You should have this in your manual, but if you don't have one, then get ONE! but I recommend 10W-40, though I tend to use lighter oils, you might even have to use a heavier one seeming you live in a hotter climate.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 29 June 2004 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Congrats on the 3S-GTE nezza I hadn't even noticed... Smile You need more fanfare or something in that regard.

Umm - sik_sx you can probably get away with 10-40 or thereabouts, I hope that you didn't use synthetics whilst running the engine in!

As stated previously in this thread, stock exhaust is not that good! A set of 4-2-1 extractors will serve you well, and a set of 4-1 probably won't make much difference compared to the 4-2-1 until you get to higher flow such as cams, valves, head porting.
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 29 June 2004 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If the beams - Gen4 is puttin out 200hp whats the gen3 puttin out? I thought that was 200hp at the fly, but im wrong by the sounds of things. ANy ideas (oh, from jap st202)
Cheers
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 30 June 2004 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought the beams put out more than 200ps (that's around 147kW) and 21 kg/m (206Nm). Sounds a bit low really Sad It'd be fairly easy (although expensive) to build a 3S-GE without VVT-i that would have more power than that.
dar_sbb
Regular

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 30 June 2004 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
didnt the beams come with aluminum parts?
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 30 June 2004 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well the standard 3S-GE has tonnes of aluminium parts on it...what aluminium parts does the beams have?
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 30 June 2004 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all this talk about beams made me think that they were great, but they are just the next series of engine.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 30 June 2004 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, it's still a damn good engine regardless. 150ish kW from a 2.0 litre isn't all too common, unless it's a Honda Smile
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 30 June 2004 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ey all,

Neone know how to take the suroof of an st162 celica?

Cheers
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 30 June 2004 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the beams in the rs200's have another 10hp

but it's just the all motor thing. and i think they are all alloy? and much lighter then an old 3sge but don't quote me on that I'm not sure.

Edit: I don't know how but I'm sure my pull apart book does, will post instructions tomorrow if no one has answered your question doobs

[Updated on: Wed, 30 June 2004 09:59]

RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 30 June 2004 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doobs -> There's nothing about the sunroof in the haynes (read : shit) manual that I've got, so if anyone has a gregory's or other manual maybe they'll have details...but it shouldn't be so hard - just grab a bunch of tools and start trying to remove it!

It's always more satisfying to discover these things on your own Smile
sik sx
Regular

I supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 30 June 2004 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry to take yous off topic once again but ar i chose castrol 20W-50 GTX2..i asked the guy he said it would be all good..and i ran it in on BP course plus(not sure if its synthetic)..im pretty sure this was the wrong oil to use but my step dad said he wouldnt help me unless i did it his way Confused .. also will i notice anything between the stock manifold and the 4-1 extracters?..and later to get full zorst from extractors etc..thanks heaps Smile
back to the beams Twisted Evil
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 30 June 2004 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
sunroof = WAY easy to take out

first, take off the carpet stuff on the bottom, I think it clips off/on...

and then you undo like 4 or 6 little nuts *heehee* and it comes out!

it has to be shut.. Wink
Pages (63): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: '76 Corona MKII
Next Topic:Old photos
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:39:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.013711929321289 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.