Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
BOMB THE RTA!! Tue, 22 June 2004 13:15 Go to next message
Has anyone else out there gone for their full licence recently (ie to get off ur green P's). i went for mine on monday. that test is a serious waste of time. the only reason it exists is to make those con-artists at the RTA more money. here are two questions out of the test

1.What is the most common accident had by people who have just recieved their licence?

a.driving into a truck
b.driving into the side of a car at a round about
c.running up the back of another car
d.hitting a pedestrian
(pics were supplied but in a jumbled order just to confuse things further)

2.Which group of drivers is the most likely to become emotional on the road?
a.the elderly
b.young males
c.young females
d.middle aged men

WTF??
are these the most stupid Q's you've seen or what? Do other states have these stupid tests or is it just ghey-arse NSW?

By the way i passed
yippeee
  Send a private message to this user    
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: BOMB THE RTA!! Tue, 22 June 2004 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
victoria here, easy as test to get you L's when 16(Learners Permit, Yo can drive but only with a full licensed passenger) and then P's when your 18 another easy test!!! and they go away when your 21, im eating alfredo pasta yummmm!
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: BOMB THE RTA!! Tue, 22 June 2004 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm on my green P's at the moment and i'm not looking forward to the test.

friend in newcastle has failed 3 times, despite getting the book and all. apparantly its like $60 to do the test?
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: BOMB THE RTA!! Tue, 22 June 2004 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its $32 for the test. then if you pass u have to pay to get ur licence, $34 for 1 year or $94 for 3 years. i went for 3 years just coz i hate waiting in that fukn line! Mad
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: BOMB THE RTA!! Tue, 22 June 2004 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In victoria you just go down there and give them some money (like, $50 if I remember) and they give you a licence with a nice blue bar at the top. Done and done.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: BOMB THE RTA!! Tue, 22 June 2004 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
god it feels good having got my license under the old scheme
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: BOMB THE RTA!! Wed, 23 June 2004 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i say the answer is C for both questions.
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: BOMB THE RTA!! Wed, 23 June 2004 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i put c and b. the rta is always having a whine about young guys and road rage. but how could possibly get factual information for that question anyway. and neither have anything to do with your ability to drive or your knowledge of the road rules.
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: BOMB THE RTA!! Wed, 23 June 2004 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And by the way all the other questions were just as dumb
4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: BOMB THE RTA!! Wed, 23 June 2004 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SA gets it good (some may argue). 16 years old to get L's which consists of an easy written test, and if you pass it'll cost $40 total. You can then get your P's when you are 16 and a half (i.e. have your L's for six months). You have to complete either a driving test (costs about $90), or complete all competentcies in a log book with a registered driving instructor (the only cost is the cost of lessons with instructor) and is usually about $200 or so, depending on if you have a good instructor, and you have the skills. Once you're 19, you get your full license automatically, which costs about $80 or so (not too sure) for 10 years.

finney: what are green P's?

The colour of P plates in SA is inverse to that in Vic. They are white with a Red 'P'.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: BOMB THE RTA!! Wed, 23 June 2004 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Green P's come after Red P's and you have them for 2 years, so you have a total of 3 years on your p's before you can get your full lisence. Just another way for the govt to get more money out of us Mad
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: BOMB THE RTA!! Wed, 23 June 2004 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah, i would have thought it would be young male who get emotional on the road . . . emotional as in "road rage" . . . just a guess. . . . females are more emotional in the other "R" word . . . that's right . . . relationships.
NILE8U
Regular

May 2004
Re: BOMB THE RTA!! Wed, 23 June 2004 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yeah, apperently they're considering a new law that you must do at least 120hours on your L plates . . . oh, and by the way, i OWE the NSW RTA 2 points, i'm on my reds and i got done 99 in an 80 zone during double demerits (easter) and before anyone says it, i'm gonna say it first . . . YES i am a DICKHEAD but i'm getting my greens in less than a month so i wont pay the fine until then
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: BOMB THE RTA!! Thu, 24 June 2004 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah thats means you will have what 1 point on your green Ps, that happened to a friend of mine, then was caught doing 10 over in a 50 zone, suspended for 3 months.
4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: BOMB THE RTA!! Thu, 24 June 2004 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When I was living last year in Melbourne I had a SA P's license and I was only 17. One of my housemates hated me cos he had his L's and I had my P's and he was older than me! It was so weird thinking that you are the youngest person driving by yourself on the road. Melbourne traffic is crazy when just being legally alowed to drive by yourself in another state.
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: BOMB THE RTA!! Sun, 27 June 2004 07:06 Go to previous message
im going down to victoria next month..

can someone from another state get a lisence?

i heard my mates say drive upto queensland and get your full lisence. then just come back down and wala
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:im >>>reg<<< but changed
Next Topic:Ninja Turtles
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 21 06:38:37 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053079128265381 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.