anti lag on 4agte Tue, 22 June 2004 11:41 Go to next message
thinking of running anti lag on my 4agte
is it legal in nsw?
  Send a private message to this user    
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: anti lag on 4agte Tue, 22 June 2004 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You realise that a turbo lasts about 3000km with an anti lag system don't you?

And, no, it's not legal.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: anti lag on 4agte Tue, 22 June 2004 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL, what do you think Wink

anti-lag is a correctly sized turbo Wink
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: anti lag on 4agte Tue, 22 June 2004 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont care how long the turbo lasts
is anti lag not false information from the computer keeping the turbo on all the time
not really worried about it being legal
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: anti lag on 4agte Tue, 22 June 2004 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On one hand it sounds the best and your car absolutely hauls off the mark Very Happy

Then on the other hand it's not really the best idea. My brother had it hooked up on his cappuccino and in the end he melted a brand new set of those platinum sparkplugs, blew up a brand new cat, melted his coil and a few other bits and pieces broke.
For what it will cost to get all the shit you blow up fixed, NO it's not worth it.

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: anti lag on 4agte Tue, 22 June 2004 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing Laughing

yes thats it... the computer is keeping the turbo on Wink

if you mean severe spark retardation to allow unburnt fuel to ignite in the exhaust then...

just forget the idea Wink... really....
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: anti lag on 4agte Tue, 22 June 2004 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe I was hoping to get in there before Stewart flamed you, but looks like I'm too late...

A turbo is a mechanical system, there's no way for a computer to control it.

Anti lag is shooting solid fuel into your exhaust to keep you turbo spinning when the throttle snaps shut. The exploding fuel is what makes the bang-bang sound. And exploding fuel will kill your turbo VERY quickly.
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: anti lag on 4agte Tue, 22 June 2004 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
car has no cat and will be set up soon to run on av gas
engine is built strong by my engine builder
computer has launch control also

i recon if i have anti lag launch control and a bov it will sound like a wrc citroen on the limiter go like fuck and will confuse the fuck out most drivers on the road
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: anti lag on 4agte Tue, 22 June 2004 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The last part of the nick says it all Rolling Eyes
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: anti lag on 4agte Tue, 22 June 2004 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I say do it then Very Happy

It sounds fuckn mad man! We used to be sitting at the lights when dudes would roll up and want a run, flick the anti lag on and the looks you would get were priceless Laughing
You get the flames out the exhaust and everything Very Happy
It sounds like a rally car!

Go for it man.....Tell me how you go though.
walkie
Regular

October 2003
Re: anti lag on 4agte Tue, 22 June 2004 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SEXY 16 wrote on Tue, 22 June 2004 22:09

i recon if i have anti lag launch control and a bov it will sound like a wrc citroen on the limiter go like fuck and will confuse the fuck out most drivers on the road

for about a week
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: anti lag on 4agte Tue, 22 June 2004 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what u recon i wont do it or it cant be done?
computer is a motec mt48 pro
all the accessories are on there so it can be set up
car isnt a daily driver so i should get a year out of the turbo
i had a gt4 with anti lag before drove it for 7 months and sold it with the same turbo
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: anti lag on 4agte Tue, 22 June 2004 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My arm is hurting, can someone lend me theirs?
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: anti lag on 4agte Tue, 22 June 2004 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ii will be done!! of to stuart wilkins she goes
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: anti lag on 4agte Tue, 22 June 2004 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
videos when done please Razz
walkie
Regular

October 2003
Re: anti lag on 4agte Tue, 22 June 2004 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
picsorban
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: anti lag on 4agte Tue, 22 June 2004 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
walkie wrote on Tue, 22 June 2004 22:33

picsorban

Isn't that a country? Rolling Eyes
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: anti lag on 4agte Tue, 22 June 2004 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
give it a rest
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: anti lag on 4agte Tue, 22 June 2004 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Tue, 22 June 2004 22:20

My arm is hurting, can someone lend me theirs?

BAAAAAhahahaha!!! GOLD!!!
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: anti lag on 4agte Tue, 22 June 2004 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*Even Shinny has looked at it, he has oversized turbo, has M800, just needs to get the bloody car going first! Shinny is a little nervous though after having seen the remains of a Skyline from anti lag... the turbo looked like it had been running on gravel. Shinny may try it once for fun though...*
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: anti lag on 4agte Tue, 22 June 2004 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
before thinking about anti lag, how about replying to peoples pms..
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: anti lag on 4agte Tue, 22 June 2004 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Draven thinks shinny has been reading too many of rex's posts.
Draven would also like to hear rex's enthusastic flaming of this topic.

</rex impersonation>

it depends a lot on what sort of turbo it is, and how rich you are. Judging by the specs, you're not poor. It's not a daily driver, so if you do blow it up it's not a huge hassle if it's off the road. If you can afford it, why not?
Personally I'd never go there, love my car too much to do that crap to it.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: anti lag on 4agte Tue, 22 June 2004 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SEXY 16 wrote on Tue, 22 June 2004 22:09

car has no cat and will be set up soon to run on av gas
engine is built strong by my engine builder
computer has launch control also

ooook..
so whay are you asking us?
why not ask your engine builder?

i recon (?) if you have anti-lag and a BOV, you will look and sound like a tool!!

so are you saying you don't currently have a BOV on your turbo 4AG?

and you do realise 'anti-lag' is mostly for gear changes? not for starting from stand still? (ie at the lights, you have time to spool the turbo)

you've sure confused the fuck out of me Wink Laughing

aaanyway.... i want to see it working and i want to see the results. you've said you'll do it, so no backing out now Wink

Cya, Stewart
SilyKa
Occasional Poster

May 2002
Re: anti lag on 4agte Tue, 22 June 2004 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go for it bro, it will be a fulisik setup. Use the intial D episode with the EVO-LAN as ur guide. He used miss-firing technic as an anti-lag system.

FULI.....SIK.... ur car will be so fast. Everyone will be envy of your setup....make sure u ricy it up a bit..aswell, got to have the looks to match the FULI_SIKO performance....

paddles
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: anti lag on 4agte Tue, 22 June 2004 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What sort of driving do ya do sexy 16? If you only blow away ma and pa kettle in their commodore at the lights then it's a waste of money. If it's throttle response for point to point corners you want, then that's what anti lag does, that's why it's used in rally cars. For on the road driving though, you're mad, even my mates that only have tar babies for circuit racing don't bother with anti-lag 'cos it's too much trouble. Why don't ya put that money into a race car and really see where you're placed in the "talent pool", better still do it in the dirt and find out what life is. Rolling Eyes

Whooaaaa there, getting off my soapbox now!!!
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: anti lag on 4agte Tue, 22 June 2004 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
paddles wrote on Wed, 23 June 2004 08:43

better still do it in the dirt and find out what life is. Rolling Eyes

Ahem.....
thomasbl
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: anti lag on 4agte Wed, 23 June 2004 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Probably the biggest problem with running an anti-lag system on your car is, while it may sound great, it will drown out the sound of your fully sic sound system. Also, when your turbo lets go you run the risk of spraying oil all over your neon light setup.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: anti lag on 4agte Wed, 23 June 2004 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique thinks rexy needs to impart his words of wisdom mere

Classique also thinks that shinny should anti lag Whitey and be HekTIC!

Classique also also thinks shane needs to stop playing with himself , and the arm hurt will go away * grin *

Classique lastly thinks Anti lag is major wank factor and money could be better saved for the fines youll have to pay for doing this to the Sictah!
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: anti lag on 4agte Wed, 23 June 2004 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One thing also to ask is how good are your tyres?
Anti-lag for a 4wd rally car with ultra soft tyres (ie <50km, not thousands of km) 3 electronic active diffs & 80% of 600Nm of torque at idle for a 3-4secs 0-100km/h would be different to your rwd road car.
You'd spend most of your time wheelspining.
I've only ever seen anti-lag on 4wd cars for this reason.
Also have to see how the anti-lag would work with your launch control, I think they'd be fighting each other.

sprinter_turbo
Regular

October 2003
Re: anti lag on 4agte Wed, 23 June 2004 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SEXY 16 wrote on Tue, 22 June 2004 22:19

what u recon i wont do it or it cant be done?
i had a gt4 with anti lag before drove it for 7 months and sold it with the same turbo

if you all ready owned one then what are you asking all the questions for?????
sounds like someone talking out his #%$@.
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: anti lag on 4agte Wed, 23 June 2004 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the gt4 already had it fitted to it when it was bought of fensport in the uk i dont mantain them i just drive them i dont have the patients to work on them
as for doing it on the dirt i would rather not
rallying is more addictive than heroine and the cost is astronomical my brother rallys so i know the cost
40 grand to hire a car to do rally of nz

as for the anti lag issue when it is fitted and running you are all more than welcome to see for yourselves
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: anti lag on 4agte Wed, 23 June 2004 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SEXY 16 wrote on Wed, 23 June 2004 18:03

rallying is more addictive than heroine and the cost is astronomical my brother rallys so i know the cost
40 grand to hire a car to do rally of nz

had you considered its so expensive to rally BECAUSE they run things like "anti-lag" and have to replace the turbos after each rally cos they dont last that long when they are experiencing combustion inside.
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: anti lag on 4agte Wed, 23 June 2004 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the rally car my brother has is 10 events old and still has the same turbo as when it left the factory
the biggest cost is the elf fuel $7 a litre
entry fees
gearboxs
accomadation
the engine remains un touched suprisingly
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: anti lag on 4agte Wed, 23 June 2004 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
/me is using his left hand now.
paddles
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: anti lag on 4agte Wed, 23 June 2004 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The description of the addiction bit is spot on but it's only expensive at national level and in a 4wd turbo. At club and state championship level it's not quite as scary moneywise. Seriously though the anti lag is going to destroy your car if you're using it constantly, i'd be spending the money elsewhere.
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: anti lag on 4agte Wed, 23 June 2004 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do it, and show me that it dosent blow up after 6 months, then ill fit it to my car straight away.

oh and cool1, i have a cream that works really well on fricton burns Laughing Laughing Laughing
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: anti lag on 4agte Wed, 23 June 2004 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lang wrote on Wed, 23 June 2004 23:28

oh and cool1, i have a cream that works really well on fricton burns Laughing Laughing Laughing

Its not the friction burn that hurts, its the lactic acid build up in my arm.
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: anti lag on 4agte Wed, 23 June 2004 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Wed, 23 June 2004 23:48

lang wrote on Wed, 23 June 2004 23:28

Its not the friction burn that hurts, its the lactic acid build up in my arm.

according to that statement you DO have friction burn hahaha
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: anti lag on 4agte Wed, 23 June 2004 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wish I was there to watch stuart wilkins response when he asks Very Happy

hmm come to think of it.. i havent been out there for a while.. mind if a tag along when you go ?
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: anti lag on 4agte Thu, 24 June 2004 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

elf fuel $7 a litre

$5.50 here and I've got some good ol' ozzie stuff that'll blow elf away for the same price and less wear.
Quote:

entry fees
gearboxs
accomadation
the engine remains un touched suprisingly

Club rallies- Av $350
gearboxes - nil
Accomadation for 8 -$300
a bit of fuel rubber and fun- Priceless
that's why we run a rolla
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: anti lag on 4agte Thu, 24 June 2004 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah come out if you want when she goes up there
do you buy your fuel from the guy in oakdale?
45aken
Regular

February 2004
Re: anti lag on 4agte Thu, 24 June 2004 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
people just let him do it for gods sake!
his money, his turbo, his smile or his frown.
eg could go a little like this Shocked Shocked Surprised Very Happy Very Happy Evil or Very Mad
or it could go a little like this! Shocked Surprised Very Happy Confused Sad Crying or Very Sad

who really cares. i'd love to see it!
im building a 4AGTE and using a bigport block first, and to be honest with you, i dont really give a SHIT if i blow it sky high, and im sure SEXY16 dosent give a shit either.

if we were going for reliability and a 200,000km life span, do you really think we'd be doing stuff like this?

i like smilies!
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: anti lag on 4agte Thu, 24 June 2004 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

yeah come out if you want when she goes up there

cool, send me a PM the day before you plan to go. I can show you where he is if you havent been before.
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: anti lag on 4agte Thu, 24 June 2004 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know there hes at i have used thim before his readings are true not what u want it to say on the dyno
Smile
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: anti lag on 4agte Fri, 25 June 2004 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

ELF Lubricates Oz- Tony Hatton. Yep But recently I've been using ET Racing fuels 102, supplied by on of my sponsors, Green Goanna in Granville (Angelo Dellis), can also pick this stuff up from him through steve at Premier Auto center.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: anti lag on 4agte Fri, 25 June 2004 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont worry.. im sure plenty of people will be willing to pay money for all your turbo piping and crap when you blow the turbo up..
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: anti lag on 4agte Fri, 25 June 2004 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johnny wrote on Fri, 25 June 2004 10:20

Quote:

ELF Lubricates Oz- Tony Hatton. Yep But recently I've been using ET Racing fuels 102, supplied by on of my sponsors, Green Goanna in Granville (Angelo Dellis), can also pick this stuff up from him through steve at Premier Auto center.

SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: anti lag on 4agte Fri, 25 June 2004 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you wanna go to his house the road up to it is fuckin tops and the ground surrounding would make a good rally school
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: anti lag on 4agte Fri, 25 June 2004 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

you wanna go to his house the road up to it is fuckin tops and the ground surrounding would make a good rally school

Whos? Tony's or Angelo?
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: anti lag on 4agte Fri, 25 June 2004 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tonys house at oakdale
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: anti lag on 4agte Fri, 25 June 2004 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
instead of spending big on an anti-lag system, just get a decent limiter and flatten it at idle and launch like that and flat change.

anti lag is cool tho, the 9 sec lancer {one of them} can see 1.6 bar boost at idle with his 4G63 Shocked
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: anti lag on 4agte Sat, 26 June 2004 02:25 Go to previous message
Nar, He usually get the stuff dropped off to My work.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:2t timing? how many degree?
Next Topic:Which Twin cam would be the easyest to put in my ke30
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 07:00:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0069808959960938 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.