Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
vn_calais380
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Supra Gearboxes Tue, 22 June 2004 14:48 Go to next message
On my last post I was looking for a box to suit... With the intentions to make 380-410hp (with a heap of torque) and prepare the VN 5.0L for charging the box suggested was the R154 Supra Turbo. Being into V8 scene im not familiar with companies that could provide the box. I've tried a few from the yellow pages and they say they can't get them. So basically could you help me with some shops.
And to also gain some more knowledge on the box, what cars actually used the R154. Are there a few and do the boxes differ between them. FOr example strength, better parts.
Cheers again
  Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Supra Gearboxes Tue, 22 June 2004 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there have been 2 or 3 sold here recently.... loo in the for sale section every now and again..

jap importers would be your best bet... depends where you live really...
wreckers are not the best place to ask...

there was a thread on importers not long ago too...

CYa, Stewart
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Supra Gearboxes Tue, 22 June 2004 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a near new R154 gearbox here that I may sell. It is basicaly brand new, but was rejected due to a very very minor noise but otherwise works perfect. (I work at a dealership). The only problem is that its to fit a Prado or Turbo Diesel 4x4 Hilux, so the bellhousing and shifter housing is to suit that. Anyone interested?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Supra Gearboxes Tue, 22 June 2004 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
since it's a reject, i'll give ya Fiddy bucks!!! Razz

KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Supra Gearboxes Tue, 22 June 2004 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill give ya $70 haha

VN Calais, they came from Manual Soarers and JZA70 Supras afaik.
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Supra Gearboxes Tue, 22 June 2004 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonny2TG wrote on Wed, 23 June 2004 00:39

I have a near new R154 gearbox here that I may sell. It is basicaly brand new, but was rejected due to a very very minor noise but otherwise works perfect. (I work at a dealership). The only problem is that its to fit a Prado or Turbo Diesel 4x4 Hilux, so the bellhousing and shifter housing is to suit that. Anyone interested?

AFAIK R154 never came out in 4WD. They either had R150 or R151, difference being gear ratios, shorter input shaft and extension housing i.e. R154 to join to tailshaft, R150 - R151 to bolt to transfer case. Id check more carefully what box you had there.

R154 came in the 3 litre turbo MKIII supra, 2.5 litre twin turbo MKIII supra and 2.5 litre twin turbo soarer. May have came out in a few more random 1JZ powered toyotas, but would be really rare.
poombah
Regular

August 2002

Re: Supra Gearboxes Wed, 23 June 2004 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Most other cars that didnt use the r154 in supras/soarers used the w58 5 speed.

vn_calais380
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: Supra Gearboxes Wed, 23 June 2004 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh I tried Jap importers and was successful. They do get them so in time i'll have one. The bloke I spoke to said there all the same. The quoted price was $1200, which I think from the other thread is about right. All yourinfo has helped yet I still arn't to familiar with MKIV' etc and engines that were in a Supra, so if you could provide the year along with the engine that'll help.

Cheeers again
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Supra Gearboxes Thu, 24 June 2004 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Engines are 7mgte and 1jzgte, as for the years of the supra i dont know either Razz
MacroP
Regular

April 2004
Re: Supra Gearboxes Thu, 24 June 2004 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm pretty sure the R154F is also found in the latest Landcruiser 78 utes/PC's with the TD engine where as the NA diesel version has the R151F and the petrol, the H150F.
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
icon14.gif  Re: Supra Gearboxes Thu, 24 June 2004 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gday mate i'ev got a vh ss grp 2 with the 5.0 lt holden v8 in it and just had a conversion done from the m21 four speed (peice of shit) to the R154. I got the box and full conversion kit through rod hadfield at the rod shop in castlemaine, Vic. phone # is (03) 5472 2853. The website is www.rodshop.com.au and the kit and box is bloody brilliant! Cool
vn_calais380
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: Supra Gearboxes Mon, 28 June 2004 09:08 Go to previous message
Yeh i've already spoken to the boys down there. I'll purchase the box itself somewhere else, however for all the other parts to complete the conversion, it seemed pretty reasonable.

Thanks mate
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ae82 clutch Q's
Next Topic:I gotta have the weirdest problem with ignition.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 07:36:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059909820556641 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.