Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
chubbylover53
Regular

April 2003
3SGTE vs 1GGTE Wed, 23 June 2004 07:15 Go to next message
why is the 1ggte a more popular choice for an engine swap compared to something such as a 3sgte. would you be able to fit a 3sgte into an 1986 advante.

sorry if this seems like a stupid question
cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 3SGTE vs 1GGTE Wed, 23 June 2004 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 1GGTE is more popular because it is cheapers and is already RWD, making it a lot easier to put in a RWD car. If by Advante you mean Corona Avante, then yes, with a lot of work you could put a 3SGTE in there.
chubbylover53
Regular

April 2003
Re: 3SGTE vs 1GGTE Wed, 23 June 2004 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol yeah i meant avante. oops.

so what your saying is that it's not worth the effort?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 3SGTE vs 1GGTE Wed, 23 June 2004 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It'll be worth the effort, but whether to YOU it's worth the time...and the MONEY it's not Smile
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 3SGTE vs 1GGTE Wed, 23 June 2004 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id like to just add that conversions(even if not doing yourself) are very annoying. they are hard, take ages..cost you lots of money and you always have something else u need to fix or do...
generally starting with a turbo car already would be a better idea if ur car isnt something special...
just my 2c..
getting over the woes here Smile
1g and 3s are both great engines.. but 1g comes in rwd platform already.. its cheaper aswell. can score a manual half cut for 2200 bucks
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 3SGTE vs 1GGTE Wed, 23 June 2004 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm hopefully firing up my 1g-gte power rt142 avante this weekend, the avante(22r-e version) actually provides quite a good base for the conversion. F series irs rear end fitted with a 3.5 ratio, already got the efi tank with 5/16th supply lines 1/4 return, has a steering rack which is better than the early celicas ever had, really consider the avante as a 4 door ra65 when it comes to what it has.

Also jag, if you ever bingle your soarer your going to wish it was a corona, go to any wrecker and they will almost pay you to take parts away, all toyota wreckers have atleast 2 coronas in their lot.

Plus it's even more of a sleeper than a celica. got 4 doors not if thats a major concern for many people. I like to think of it as a smaller cressida.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 3SGTE vs 1GGTE Wed, 23 June 2004 10:39 Go to previous message
Bugman wrote on Wed, 23 June 2004 20:26

Also jag, if you ever bingle your soarer your going to wish it was a corona, go to any wrecker and they will almost pay you to take parts away, all toyota wreckers have atleast 2 coronas in their lot.

Im right mate.. ive got a fully complete good condition parts car in the garage Smile
plus about another half a car worth of spares Smile
im covered
heres my parts car(has std rims now though)

http://members.optushome.com.au/jag7799/car/sidea.jpg
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:manifold price for st162
Next Topic:4A-GE into KE55 Corolla
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 16:35:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065829753875732 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.