Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Miscellaneous » FS: HKS F-CON Programed Fuel Computer for 1990-1992 3sgte Engine

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
FS: HKS F-CON Programed Fuel Computer for 1990-1992 3sgte Engine Wed, 23 June 2004 10:12 Go to next message

My friend has this for sale. He is selling it because he just bought a new car. If your interested you can email him on ndlau777@hotmail.com

http://firesport.ipspace.com/item_images/8957.jpg

The PFC (Programmed Fuel Computer) F-Con is a plug-in (piggyback) fuel management system designed to refine the OE fuel curve. The F-Con optimizes the factory injector pulse width signal by recalibrating information provided by the OE ECU. The modified signal allows for either a longer pulse width for factory injectors or a shorter pulse width for larger injectors, ensuring proper air/fuel ratios during high boost conditions.

HKS includes a Fuel Cut Defencer (FCD) in certain F-Con systems that override the factory high boost fuel cut-off, allowing the PFC F-Con to be effective at boost levels that would normally shut down the factory fuel system.

The PFC F-Con is installed by simply plugging in the factory-compatible wiring harness and connecting a pressure sensor. The factory compatible wiring harness allows the vehicle to be quickly returned to a stock state simply by reconnecting the OE hsrness. The F-Con is programmed with an interchangeable ROM for each specific vehicle application. Additional tuning for the F-Con can be performed by using an HKS GCC (Graphic Control Computer).

This F-CON RON number is E104

[Updated on: Wed, 23 June 2004 10:16]

Send a private message to this user    
DVS_ONE
Regular

May 2003
Re: FS: HKS F-CON Programed Fuel Computer for 1990-1992 3sgte Engine Thu, 24 June 2004 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
INTERESTED... How much is he looking for this baby ?
CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
Re: FS: HKS F-CON Programed Fuel Computer for 1990-1992 3sgte Engine Thu, 24 June 2004 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Damn it seems like i've forgoten the most important thing.

He's asking $460 for it, although he's probably negotiable to some degree.

gt4me
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: FS: HKS F-CON Programed Fuel Computer for 1990-1992 3sgte Engine Thu, 24 June 2004 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks CeLiCa for posting for me. for quick sale i'm lowering it to $420 ono

thanks
SXY184
Regular

January 2004
Re: FS: HKS F-CON Programed Fuel Computer for 1990-1992 3sgte Engine Sun, 27 June 2004 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So with this baby,can i run big boost, where you at?
and how much , im very interested in the computer,pm me with details!
-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: FS: HKS F-CON Programed Fuel Computer for 1990-1992 3sgte Engine Sun, 27 June 2004 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Problem with using this device, and then doing big boost, is that you have no control over ignition. And because this is basically altering AFM input, the normal ECU will think that its under light load, and advance the ignition.

Could be a real pain in the neck, unless you have an ignition contrl as well.

Im interested in this, just need the car first. Im right to assume this will bolt straight into a GT4?
CeLiCa
Regular

September 2002
Re: FS: HKS F-CON Programed Fuel Computer for 1990-1992 3sgte Engine Sun, 27 June 2004 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fits straight on an GT4
gt4me
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: FS: HKS F-CON Programed Fuel Computer for 1990-1992 3sgte Engine Mon, 28 June 2004 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-==L=a=N=c=E==- wrote on Sun, 27 June 2004 22:49

Problem with using this device, and then doing big boost, is that you have no control over ignition. And because this is basically altering AFM input, the normal ECU will think that its under light load, and advance the ignition.

Yes you can run high boost, and the kit comes with a FCD, Fuel cut defender, so u can adjust when will your fuel cut be, commonly at point 7, which is around 14 psi. the FCD has point up to 12, but i doubt u want your fuel cut at 20 psi......

u would only need a seperate ignition controller if u boost the crap out of your car. if u gonna do that, then i suggest get a fuel engine management system, which is a few grand investment. this is a piggy back, and it does just that, enhancing the factory ecu to cope with the loads.

to explain this better, the F-con will give u more fuel for the boost u running. the 3sgte has fuel maps up to 12psi, after that you run the risk of running the car too lean. with the f-con, it has fuel maps up to 17-20 psi, thus u will be assured you will have the fuel to run that boost rating. if u have an air/fuel meter, u will notice it will have more fuel at higher boost, thus giving your car the proper fuel to prevent running lean, which will cause it to ping.

this is a bolt on unit, so if u eventually want to return to your factory setting, just unplug and return to your ecu setting. bear in mind this is HKS tune to the 3sgte, not a generic fuel computer to suit anycar.

to run high boost i assume u have a boost controller, for it to be manual or electronic, if u run your car at 10 psi, the f-con will have no effect until u enter the region above fuel cut. there is a reson why the kit comes with FCD, this is to allow u to go beyond the fuel cut region.
-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: FS: HKS F-CON Programed Fuel Computer for 1990-1992 3sgte Engine Mon, 28 June 2004 02:37 Go to previous message
gt4me wrote on Mon, 28 June 2004 10:58

-==L=a=N=c=E==- wrote on Sun, 27 June 2004 22:49

Yes you can run high boost, and the kit comes with a FCD, Fuel cut defender, so u can adjust when will your fuel cut be, commonly at point 7, which is around 14 psi. the FCD has point up to 12, but i doubt u want your fuel cut at 20 psi......

u would only need a seperate ignition controller if u boost the crap out of your car. if u gonna do that, then i suggest get a fuel engine management system, which is a few grand investment. this is a piggy back, and it does just that, enhancing the factory ecu to cope with the loads.

to explain this better, the F-con will give u more fuel for the boost u running. the 3sgte has fuel maps up to 12psi, after that you run the risk of running the car too lean. with the f-con, it has fuel maps up to 17-20 psi, thus u will be assured you will have the fuel to run that boost rating. if u have an air/fuel meter, u will notice it will have more fuel at higher boost, thus giving your car the proper fuel to prevent running lean, which will cause it to ping.

this is a bolt on unit, so if u eventually want to return to your factory setting, just unplug and return to your ecu setting. bear in mind this is HKS tune to the 3sgte, not a generic fuel computer to suit anycar.

to run high boost i assume u have a boost controller, for it to be manual or electronic, if u run your car at 10 psi, the f-con will have no effect until u enter the region above fuel cut. there is a reson why the kit comes with FCD, this is to allow u to go beyond the fuel cut region.

Thanks for the clarification. I understand that, and also understand that it is no replacement for a full blown mangement system.

Ill grab this in a few weeks, currently in the process of snapping up a GT4.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:many parts for sale with pics
Next Topic:1JZGTE TURBO KIT.....
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 01:42:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047450065612793 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.