Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
1G-G?E Radiator Tech / Best Installs Wed, 23 June 2004 04:52 Go to next message
Hi all.
I've done searches, read web pages and now I want to pick your brains please.
I'm fitting a 1G-GZE to my RA23 and I want to know what you have done radiator wise for your 1G-G?E into a TA22/RA23/RA28 beast.
One of the easiest I have seen is remove the top support panel, flip existing radiator around, swap and seal inlet and outlet, seal filler neck and mount a remote cap midway along on the top hose.
Another suggestion is to use a standard core that fits the space avaiable and stretch custom tanks over it.
Your solutions would be appreciated. Many thanks.
Mitch.

[Updated on: Wed, 23 June 2004 04:53]

Send a private message to this user    
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: 1G-G?E Radiator Tech / Best Installs Wed, 23 June 2004 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mitch

For my 1ggteu I used a 3 core RA23 radiator, moved it forward 20mm on the straps (had the radiator place resolder them on) and mounted it in the standard position, moved the top spout from right to left and don't forget to have the overflow moved from the lhs to the rhs.

I had the Radiator Place solder the mounting blocks for the electric fan into the radiator core.

I was also able to fit a 14" fan on the front and an intercooler with only slight relieving of the grill.

Craig
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: 1G-G?E Radiator Tech / Best Installs Wed, 23 June 2004 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Craig,
This is good to know.
The GZE engine needs the radiator mounted further forward again (like about 50mm total) due to the S/C clutch, so I have to find the extra room and squeeze under or throw away the radiator top support panel.
Reason I ask all this is that the radiator shop the car is that called earlier today and have declined to take on the job now, citing it is more than they expected originally to do.
So now I have to get my car out of the place (today - unexpected and un-planned) and get it home.
Also means I miss the big Perth Toy Mods Mega Cruise this Sunday. Crying or Very Sad
I thought I would now take the time to ask what others have done while I try and find another mob who are willing to do the job.
<Sigh>
Cheers,
Mitch.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: 1G-G?E Radiator Tech / Best Installs Thu, 24 June 2004 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bump please.
I need some more input guys and gals....thanks.
Mitch.
dcving
Regular

May 2002

Re: 1G-G?E Radiator Tech / Best Installs Thu, 24 June 2004 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3 core holden camira for me, with twin 11inch thermo fans, not much room left though Smile
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: 1G-G?E Radiator Tech / Best Installs Fri, 25 June 2004 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Steve, this gives me another option to look at - good on you mate !
Cheers,
Mitch.
TOY77
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1G-G?E Radiator Tech / Best Installs Fri, 25 June 2004 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi mate,

i have an rb25 aluminium radiator in mine....

it is a single core so i gained heaps of room(this was the reason for using it)

it has no drama keeping my singe turbo 1g cool.... even running back to back drags at dubbo all day.....

Cheers
Stew
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: 1G-G?E Radiator Tech / Best Installs Fri, 25 June 2004 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beauty Stew,
That is another option I can check out, thanks mate. I will launch into it over the weekend and see what I can work out.
Cheers,
Mitch.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: 1G-G?E Radiator Tech / Best Installs Fri, 25 June 2004 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Come down, borrow radiators, take away, see what fits best, keep one, bring the rest back!
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: 1G-G?E Radiator Tech / Best Installs Fri, 25 June 2004 15:15 Go to previous message
I have to stop leaning on you to help me out mate !
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Forced Induction on a old diesel Cruiser. Which way to go?
Next Topic:windscreen mounting
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 16:30:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059680938720703 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.