Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
tangcla
Regular

September 2003
  www.tangcla.com
7000/8000K HID headlight sets Mon, 21 June 2004 13:36 Go to next message
I have a source who can get me some HID headlight kits from Korea, direct from the manufacturer. They are branded Xelux.
The ballast has a ONE YEAR WARRANTY. The supplier assures me that he doubts you wouldever need to claim because he has supplied many kits to Hong Kong, Thailand, SIngapore, Malaysia and Indonesia already, and till today, touch wood... nothing come back...)

BULBS:
7000K and 8000K are available.
TYPES:
All types - H1, H3, HB3, H4, HB4, H7, D2R, D2S...
PRICE:
All sizes EXCEPT H4: $648 including tax and shipping (7000K globes)
H4 high/lowbeam, Xelux brand (Korean with German ballast): $770 including tax and shipping (7000K)
H4 high/lowbeam, HELLA brand (USA with German components): $820 including tax and shipping (7000K)

For 8000K globes, add $70. Unfortunately, there are no 8000K globes for the H4 globes.

INSTALLATION:
I can organise installation for $70. (VIC only)

http://www.tangcla.com/temp/hid-1.jpg
http://www.tangcla.com/temp/hid-2.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 14 July 2004 00:25]

Send a private message to this user    
[CatchMe]
Regular

June 2003
Re: Group buy: 7000/8000K HID headlight sets Thu, 24 June 2004 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how do we know which one suits our cars? ie Soarer?

And are they simple to install or do they need to be done professionally??
tangcla
Regular

September 2003
  www.tangcla.com
Re: Group buy: 7000/8000K HID headlight sets Thu, 24 June 2004 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[CatchMe

wrote on Thu, 24 June 2004 20:28]how do we know which one suits our cars? ie Soarer?

And are they simple to install or do they need to be done professionally??

You need to check what type of headlight globes your Soarer has, and then get the kit corresponding to the globe type.

Installation is pretty easy, it's a little more complicated than changing your headlight globes (you need to connect the ballast to the power, that's about it!).
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Group buy: 7000/8000K HID headlight sets Thu, 24 June 2004 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what sort of discount are we achieving with this group buy?

ive always wanted HID lights, but the cost has kept me from them.
tangcla
Regular

September 2003
  www.tangcla.com
Re: Group buy: 7000/8000K HID headlight sets Thu, 24 June 2004 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Thu, 24 June 2004 22:14

what sort of discount are we achieving with this group buy?

ive always wanted HID lights, but the cost has kept me from them.

Well, most of the kits you can get in Australia would cost about $1000+, and they will only give you three months' warranty. The kit I can get is $648 (for all globes except H4), and I can get a full years' warranty Cool
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Group buy: 7000/8000K HID headlight sets Fri, 25 June 2004 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is there any info about how much brighter than standard globes these are?
Also, how long are HID globes supposed to last?

Considering I'm about to change from single headlight to round twins, plus I've got foglights, I'd need a H4, H1, & H3 to replace all.
$2066!! Shocked
tangcla
Regular

September 2003
  www.tangcla.com
Re: Group buy: 7000/8000K HID headlight sets Fri, 25 June 2004 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FAQ for Blu Xelux HID XENON
1. How much electricity does Blu Xelux HID save energy from normal bulbs?
Blu Xelux HID does not take more electricity than a normal bulb. In fact, Blu Xelux HID provides a greater light output.
The increased light output from a 35 watt XENON HID lamp is approximately 200% more light then a 55 watt halogen bulb. It can produce more than twice the amount of light of a halogen bulb as it does not have a filament. The light is created by an electrical discharge between two electrodes in an air tight tiny quartz capsule filled with xenon gas, mercury and metal halide salts. This improves durability as road vibrations can cause damage to coil lighting technologies.

2. Will the Blu Xelux HID burn out or melt the lenses of the headlights if it’s plastic?
Though HID lights are brighter than normal bulbs, the myth of it being hotter is in actual fact wrong. The advantage of a HID light is that it has lower power consumption. A 35 Watt H.I.D. light produces up to 3 times the lumens at the light source when compared to a 55 Watt halogen bulb and 5 times the lumens of a 100 Watt incandescent lamp.

Therefore, the Blu Xelux XENON HID system will draw less power from your vehicle’s electrical system, thus resulting in it being cooler than normal bulbs as they use less energy.

The light source of a Blu Xelux HID light produces a blue-white light that is safer because it is closer to natural daylight. The color temperature is approximately 5000 K compared to 2300 K for halogen. Thus Blu Xelux HID lights are actually cooler than normal bulbs

3. How much voltage is the Blu Xelux HID using comparing with normal bulbs or Halogen bulbs?
As mentioned before, a 35 watt HID light produces up to 3 times the lumens at the light source when compared to a 55 watt halogen bulb and 5 times the lumens of a 100 Watt incandescent light. A 100 watt sealed beam lamp uses a continuous power draw of about 8 amps at 12 volts. The H.I.D./xenon system uses 20 amps for a few microseconds during startup but drops to less than 4 amps at 12 VDC for continuous operation thus resulting in lower power consumption but greater light output.

4. What kind of warranty does the customer have?

The customer will receive a one-year warranty on the ballast. Normally bulbs are not given any warranty. If when fitted and the bulb does not light up, the customer will be able to claim a full replacement of the product.

5. What if the warranty is still standing and the bulbs blow out?
We believe that under normal circumstances, the bulb should not blow out. Normally, the fuse will blow because there was overloading of usage or that there has been an instability of the car or system. The usual lifespan of a HID bulb has been calculated as follows, if the bulb was used everyday for three hours, it is estimated that it would last for at least 10 years before it blows out.

6. How much is the bulbs if to replace them?
Each bulb replacement is estimated to be less than $140. However, it does solely depend on the K of the bulb. For bulbs that are 8000k and above, the cost of replacement will be slightly over $150.

7. We would like to know how to fit, does it need to screw or cut anything? What about the ballast? Where to fit and do they need to screw it?

Brackets will be given for customers to mount the ballasts. It is recommended for the ballasts to be mounted at the bottom of the head lamps. Additional cuttings or drillings are not necessarily required. All accessories will also be given (e.g. cable ties).
Son Gokou
Regular

September 2002

Re: Group buy: 7000/8000K HID headlight sets Fri, 25 June 2004 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For Soarers, the Hi beams and normal front headlights are 9005 size HB3.

tangcla
Regular

September 2003
  www.tangcla.com
Re: Group buy: 7000/8000K HID headlight sets Fri, 25 June 2004 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Son Gokou wrote on Fri, 25 June 2004 22:47

For Soarers, the Hi beams and normal front headlights are 9005 size HB3.

well, that makes it easy to upgrade to HID, cheap and easy Smile
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Group buy: 7000/8000K HID headlight sets Fri, 25 June 2004 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can we have some more details on the H4 ones? what method does it use to give high and low beam?

Allan
tangcla
Regular

September 2003
  www.tangcla.com
Re: Group buy: 7000/8000K HID headlight sets Fri, 25 June 2004 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan wrote on Fri, 25 June 2004 23:02

can we have some more details on the H4 ones? what method does it use to give high and low beam?

They use relays; the more expensive one uses a motor to drive the HIDs.
Manny
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Group buy: 7000/8000K HID headlight sets Fri, 25 June 2004 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are any of these kits self levelling?
tangcla
Regular

September 2003
  www.tangcla.com
Re: Group buy: 7000/8000K HID headlight sets Fri, 25 June 2004 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manny wrote on Fri, 25 June 2004 23:19

no; from my knowledge:
a) it's the headlight housing that determines whether it's self-levelling or not, and
b) in Australia, it doesn't need to be self-levelling IF your car can manually adjust the headlight throw height.
bliz
Regular

September 2002

Re: Group buy: 7000/8000K HID headlight sets Fri, 25 June 2004 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i,m keen on this topic. But from what i have heard that HID lights are only allowed on stock vehicles Such as the new Audi cars and new Bmw and the Mercs and lexus. Because i wanted change my stock lights to HID, but they advise not to. Because Dam cops with defect the vehicle. whereby they are not stock. STupid really but my 2 cents.
tangcla
Regular

September 2003
  www.tangcla.com
Re: Group buy: 7000/8000K HID headlight sets Fri, 25 June 2004 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bliz wrote on Sat, 26 June 2004 02:08

i,m keen on this topic. But from what i have heard that HID lights are only allowed on stock vehicles Such as the new Audi cars and new Bmw and the Mercs and lexus. Because i wanted change my stock lights to HID, but they advise not to. Because Dam cops with defect the vehicle. whereby they are not stock. STupid really but my 2 cents.

At the end of the day, it really depends on the mood of the officer. According to the engineer I checked with, they're supposed to be legal as long as your headlight beam is adjustable (so you can point it downwards, so you don't blind/glare other drivers) and that you don't change your headlight assembly by using a different type of globe specified by the manufacturer.
Manny
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Group buy: 7000/8000K HID headlight sets Sat, 26 June 2004 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tangcla wrote on Sat, 26 June 2004 00:29

Manny wrote on Fri, 25 June 2004 23:19

no; from my knowledge:
a) it's the headlight housing that determines whether it's self-levelling or not, and
b) in Australia, it doesn't need to be self-levelling IF your car can manually adjust the headlight throw height.

You may want to check your information.
It's not about "Australia" - it's about the state transport laws.
In NSW, they're a defect if they weren't fitted by the manufacturer or if they're not self levelling.
Will you or your engineer pick up the tab?

btw, drop-in aftermarket self-levelling kits are available that are not reliant on the housing for functionality.

[Updated on: Sat, 26 June 2004 05:43]

tangcla
Regular

September 2003
  www.tangcla.com
Re: Group buy: 7000/8000K HID headlight sets Sat, 26 June 2004 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manny wrote on Sat, 26 June 2004 15:38

You may want to check your information.
It's not about "Australia" - it's about the state transport laws.
In NSW, they're a defect if they weren't fitted by the manufacturer or if they're not self levelling.
Will you or your engineer pick up the tab?

btw, drop-in aftermarket self-levelling kits are available that are not reliant on the housing for functionality.

True, information was from Victorian engineer, so is probably only relevant in Victoria. However, as mentioned above, it really depends on the officer who pulls you over as to what is and isn't illegal.
tangcla
Regular

September 2003
  www.tangcla.com
Re: Group buy: 7000/8000K HID headlight sets Wed, 14 July 2004 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got my headlights... yummay Very Happy

http://www.tangcla.com/car/headlight.jpg
http://www.tangcla.com/car/lights.jpg
http://www.intuitionperformance.com.au/darkwatch/HID/images/IMG_1468.jpg
http://www.intuitionperformance.com.au/darkwatch/HID/images/IMG_0645.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 14 July 2004 00:15]

wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: 7000/8000K HID headlight sets Wed, 14 July 2004 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are all those pix on low beam? If so, very decent effort.

How do they go in areas which don't have as many objects for the light to fall on.
There are quite a few narrowish roads in western sydney which have no street lights, but enough traffic that high beam is unusable.

Did you get the HID globes for your high beam as well, a I've heard you can't get high enough wattage globes for the high beam?
tangcla
Regular

September 2003
  www.tangcla.com
Re: 7000/8000K HID headlight sets Wed, 14 July 2004 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wagonist wrote on Wed, 14 July 2004 11:38

Are all those pix on low beam? If so, very decent effort.

How do they go in areas which don't have as many objects for the light to fall on.
There are quite a few narrowish roads in western sydney which have no street lights, but enough traffic that high beam is unusable.

Did you get the HID globes for your high beam as well, a I've heard you can't get high enough wattage globes for the high beam?

Yep, low beam only.
The HIDs light up the road in front of you VERY WELL - the white lines and markings on the road come out a very fluorescent colour, almost like a UV glow.

My high beams are still halogens - I can't afford an extra $648 for high beams! But I'd love to get them done as well, they're a real pleasure to drive with.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: 7000/8000K HID headlight sets Wed, 14 July 2004 10:04 Go to previous message
man they are sweet

if only i could afford Crying or Very Sad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Seats and interior for early celica's VELOUR
Next Topic:ROH 17" 4x100 SOLD
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 23:01:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00577712059021 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.