Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
doobs
Regular

September 2003
VERY VERY lucky. Tue, 15 June 2004 14:42 Go to next message
Ey all,

Went out for a bit of fun in the wet grass sunday night, few mates n meself, cars wise we had a TT soarer, 7mge supra, my sillycar, crazy turbo capri and a Vk commodore.

We all had fun slidin in the grass, I was leaning some tricks with my handbrake Very Happy. we where in a big reserve thingy. Me and a mate where in his soarer spinnin round and round Very Happy when a mate called and said the cops had just pulled up. We all took off, i jumped in my celica and the soarer followed me. the cop pulled him up i kept going. Ended up letting him off with nothing, but fuck it could have been very bad

The drag was me and the supra. We stopped out at the lights on the hwy, no one around, both gave a rev, i took off at 4k, neck and neck through first, in second i pulled a TINY bit in front, then he gained the ground back, neck and neck again. I backed ended up backing off, so technically he won, but really we were very evan. He would probly get me in the end though.
In any case GO TOYOTA Very Happy

I guess we will just have to find a better motokhana pad Very Happy.

Neone else got a story where they got away/got let off from the cops?

[Updated on: Fri, 18 June 2004 11:46]

Send a private message to this user    
white86
Regular

May 2004
Re: VERY VERY lucky. Fri, 18 June 2004 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if u read my thread, i got sort of let off... a copper wrote me up for 80, not 81 in a 60 zone.... which saved me from loosing my license (e.g. save me from being absolutely screwed!).
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: VERY VERY lucky. Sat, 19 June 2004 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doing just over 100 in a 50 zone at 3AM in the morning , breathlised and let go.

And I even admitted to doing 100km/h.

I don't speed so much now Smile
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: VERY VERY lucky. Sat, 19 June 2004 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think thats what saved my mate 2 he admitted he had been stupid, and not tried to lie.

Im not say that what we were doing was safe but IMO atleast we went out to a place where no one was to be stupid not like the people who do it inthe centere of the town. The cop may have thought that too.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: VERY VERY lucky. Sat, 19 June 2004 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch's Rule: ALWAYS deny that you were speeding, unless they can PROVE IT. if u admit to speeding, then they have all that they need to fine you.

if u just deny it, they have no evidence, and providing you have done nothing else wrong u will just get a warning.

ive had this happen a few times

NEVER ADMIT to speeding
strober
Regular

June 2002
Re: VERY VERY lucky. Sat, 19 June 2004 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
farout, close call
"crazy turbo capri"? was it the convertible type or the older coupe? i'd like to see that capri!
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: VERY VERY lucky. Sat, 19 June 2004 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer its a convertable one, has the bpt 1.8L Turbo engine. Over 15psi boost, the gaudge goes to 15psi and it goes just past that and stops on the spike. Its awsome.
strober
Regular

June 2002
Re: VERY VERY lucky. Sun, 20 June 2004 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dood!
thats the motor i wanted to put in my capri aswell!
i'm heaps envious now
Sad
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: VERY VERY lucky. Sun, 20 June 2004 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh well a 3sgte celica is better Very Happy
joeninety
Regular

March 2004
Re: VERY VERY lucky. Sun, 27 June 2004 01:05 Go to previous message
I have to agree with Arch . I had a run in with the law a while back in the hills near Belgrave,I was doing about 85-90 in a 60 zone when they came the other way past me, did a uey , tailed me for a bit , then pulled me over. Cop # 1 asked me what speed I was doing and I said I hadn't noticed,cop # 2 went over my car with a torch (it was about 11.30 pm .Cop # 1 said he estimated my speed at 85 km but had not got a reading on me and wrote me out a ticket. Cop # 2 added unroadwothy tyres to the ticket.I copped it sweet and went home. The next day I rang a cop I know (Moorabin trafic branch) and asked him if this shit would stick in court.He said that that any 10 year + traffic officer could easily pick the speed of a car in most situations to within a couple of km's a gudge would take his word over mine every time and said that my mistake was not saying I was doing 60 or even 70 for that matter.If you say you dont know ,then they have control over the situation. So my suggestion if you get busted is be nice ,dont argue,but stick to youre story,upto 10 km over, insist you were doing the limmit.Any thing over 10 km over and say you were doing just 10 km over. Unless you are detected you will get off free or with a minimum fine.Same goes for any run in with the law,stick to youre story without being a smart arse and if you were being a dick , admit to a little fault.. Meet them half way. BTW every cop I have dealt with through my work and they are mostly traffic and search and rescue, have been top blokes...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Ra65 vs r33 gtst vs tr v6 magna
Next Topic:1986 Celica SX VS Nissan Maxima
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 06:07:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043320655822754 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.