Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Johnny_K
Regular

June 2004
removing air flow meter on 4AC Sat, 26 June 2004 14:20 Go to next message
ok ma mate told me that if i remove ma air flow little thingy on ma 4ac i was just wondering what u guys think i know theres pros and cons removing the air flow meters but i wanna see what u guys have to say
  Send a private message to this user    
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: removing air flow meter on 4AC Sat, 26 June 2004 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nob Rolling Eyes
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: removing air flow meter on 4AC Sun, 27 June 2004 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Um... 4A-C's don't have airflow meters.
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: removing air flow meter on 4AC Sun, 27 June 2004 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah they do norbie.... mate you need to remove the big alloy thing on top of the engine with the round hole, its got 4 nuts that hold it down on to the head.
Singlecam
Regular

May 2002
Re: removing air flow meter on 4AC Sun, 27 June 2004 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LMAO!!! Laughing
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: removing air flow meter on 4AC Sun, 27 June 2004 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I have heard of this mod... you just swap the head and put on a 4afe or 4age head.

The old C type AFM is a pretty old technology and is best used on larger pushrod engines Very Happy
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: removing air flow meter on 4AC Sun, 27 June 2004 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got an aftermarket 4AC AFM (flows twice as much due to the hiclone action) that i'd trade for some unobtainium spark plugs to suit a 4ACZE Smile
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: removing air flow meter on 4AC Sun, 27 June 2004 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u guys are mean...tell the young fella the truth...u take off the air filter thingi (afm) and exhaust off the manifold ...get some cable ties and large ruber intercooler piping...cable tie it to the top of the carby and run the other end to the exhaust manifold.....el presto turbocharged 4ac with no afm...easy

Smile
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: removing air flow meter on 4AC Sun, 27 June 2004 15:37 Go to previous message
Somehow this...
Quote:

ok ma mate told me that if i remove ma air flow little thingy on ma 4ac i was just wondering what u guys think i know theres pros and cons removing the air flow meters but i wanna see what u guys have to say

...reminds me of this.
Quote:

ok, i alridy decided what to do, 4ac with shaved head, a bit of head work, webbers and better pistons running on 98unleaded.
Now which ecu should i use? which one is better? i know that the haltech is more expensive

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=32544&rid=3250&S=d0a61877461f223b226475f bba95d1cc&pl_view=&start=0#msg_285474
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Do W box slave cyls come in different bore sizes?
Next Topic:turbo identification
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 10:30:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053911209106445 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.