Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » How to tell the difference between a different gen 1G's

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
icon5.gif  How to tell the difference between a different gen 1G's Wed, 30 June 2004 12:29 Go to next message
Hey all. Before someone says go search! I have and came up with nada. If you can point me to a post then cool

what are the visual differences between a gen1/2/3 1G-GTE?

I've seen these photo's

gen 1 or 2?
http://www.toymods.org.au/Darren/1ggte(12).jpg

gen3 apparently
http://www.toymods.org.au/Darren/1ggte-2(13).jpg

I understand the lower one is a gen3, but is the upper one a gen 1 or 2? and are these pictures typical of what the engines look like?

cheers all
  Send a private message to this user    
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: How to tell the difference between a different gen 1G's Wed, 30 June 2004 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gen 1: Yellow ECU plugs and Yellow injectors. 0.50bar / 7psi.
gen 2: Yellow ECU plugs and pale Green injectors. 0.62bar / 9psi
gen 3: Grey ECU plugs and pale Green injectors. 0.75bar / 11psi

off the documents page Smile
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: How to tell the difference between a different gen 1G's Wed, 30 June 2004 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and if we don't have ECU plugs to go off? Smile
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: How to tell the difference between a different gen 1G's Wed, 30 June 2004 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would these be the same for the GZE or would there be different visual differences?
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: How to tell the difference between a different gen 1G's Wed, 30 June 2004 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Telling the difference between Gen1 and Gen2 is easy (injectors).

If you don't have the ECU plugs, does that mean you don't have a loom?

We don't know much about the GZEs... But I don't think they don't have intercoolers so they won't look like the engines in those pix...
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: How to tell the difference between a different gen 1G's Wed, 30 June 2004 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
remember you dont always have to search just the forums, the toymods site both tech and articles come in handy Very Happy
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: How to tell the difference between a different gen 1G's Thu, 01 July 2004 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gzes didnt have intercoolers. but if it's a stripped motor the way to tell is off the rocker covers or the inlet manifold if it is still there. the rocker covers dont have the big stepped up oil filling point. and the gze inlet runners are more individual
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: How to tell the difference between a different gen 1G's Thu, 01 July 2004 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gidday

I don't known anything about the water to air motors. I thought that they were all gen 1 but could be wrong, maybe someone could clear that up.

The second engine is 'not obviously' a gen 3 it could be a 2 or 3. At first glance they look the same. Nark suggests looking at injector plugs and injectors - that is a good guide but is not always correct. There are a number of ways of telling apart the gen 2s and 3s. Bigger outlets on the turbos on the 3, very different exhaust manifolds internally. Big plug on the computer has 26 pins for the gen 3 against 24 for the gen 2. The TPS is also different with one plug for the gen 3 and 2 for the gen 2. The sensors on the engine are also different. The engine number of the gen 3 is on the bit that connects to the bell housing while the gen 2 is on the side of the block. I am sure that there are things that I have forgotten. I have posted all of this on a number of occassions in the past.

Might help if I knew what you were looking at.

Craig
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: How to tell the difference between a different gen 1G's Thu, 01 July 2004 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Thu, 01 July 2004 07:24

Telling the difference between Gen1 and Gen2 is easy (injectors).

If you don't have the ECU plugs, does that mean you don't have a loom?

We don't know much about the GZEs... But I don't think they don't have intercoolers so they won't look like the engines in those pix...

got it in one Nark, no loom Confused
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: How to tell the difference between a different gen 1G's Thu, 01 July 2004 08:21 Go to previous message
Gee ta Craig - that was a waste of time
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ae86 : diff clunking in the rain
Next Topic:vapour lock? help me make my car move again.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 21:47:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0037579536437988 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.