Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
icon14.gif  exhaust opinion Thu, 01 July 2004 02:11 Go to next message
hey fellas im planning on a 3 inch exhaust soon , is it better to get a cat back or a whole exhaust system done , car is a toyota soarer twin turbo

what are the adv of full system vs cat back
im planning on using the standard cat
will it make any noticable differene or am i wasting my money

Send a private message to this user    
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: exhaust opinion Thu, 01 July 2004 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The system is only going to flow as well as the smallest restriction. You need to look at your goals for the exhaust. If you are mostly interested in the note, just get a cat back. If you are looking for a performance increase as well then get a full system.

I'm not too familar with what size/setup works well on the soarer twins, but 3inch is usually the street standard for turbo engines.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: exhaust opinion Thu, 01 July 2004 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah im not fussed by the sound as im after snything thats quiet basically i got a modified intake systemm , and was wondering if the exhaust will work better with it to give more power than a stock one
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: exhaust opinion Thu, 01 July 2004 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You need a custom dump pipe and a high-flow cat if you want any worthwhile performance gains. What happens after the cat is far less important, which is why a cat-back exhaust is strictly for show/wank factor.
ae864eva
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: exhaust opinion Thu, 01 July 2004 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just go to your jap auto importer and check out if they have full exhaust system for your car...most properly yes. Part for soarer are easy to come by not like .....you guys know what im talking about

They quite cheap...
redlineGTi
Regular

May 2003
Re: exhaust opinion Thu, 01 July 2004 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my 2cents....

turbo...go the full 3 inch from the turbo....free flowing it will make a difference.....done it to my brothers skyline and it went harder.....(lots of fun)

but up 2 u...
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: exhaust opinion Thu, 01 July 2004 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if its a 1J soara you need dump pipes off the turbo into a set of high flow cats then keep the twin pipes for as you can down the car
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: exhaust opinion Thu, 01 July 2004 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smile Smile Smile Smile
makes good mid range torque too . the twin cats have proven to work as well as an empty one but even 1 high flow doesnt seem to last or work as well

my twin pipes dont rejoin until after the gearbox
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: exhaust opinion Thu, 01 July 2004 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
celicamads exhaust is good
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: exhaust opinion Thu, 01 July 2004 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
car is a 1g-gte fellas Very Happy no the 1j or 2j Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: exhaust opinion Fri, 02 July 2004 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for 1ggte the exhaust design should really be the same although as many have already said . The cost of dump pipes is putting you closer to a big single everyday
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: exhaust opinion Fri, 02 July 2004 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thas another thing im looking at , what the cost of getting a single turbo conversion for the 1ggte includng dump , manifold and turbo - what sorta turbowould be a good one to use , im not very sure on single conversion ,

also if i wanted to do a 2.5liter twin turbo conversion , ( i think the 1j or 2j engine swap i duno which one it is ) wha price am i looking at and will it be a easy to fit it as in a straight bolt on
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: exhaust opinion Fri, 02 July 2004 09:33 Go to previous message
Shocked ok then stick i 1J in it the go the twin dumps Very Happy
the higher flow you get the more power you'll make
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Coilover Setup
Next Topic:smallport owners
Goto Forum: