Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
attitudes of street racing Thu, 01 July 2004 08:25 Go to next message
Just lately I have noticed that there seems to be a huge difference in attitudes of street racing between Australian (performance forums) and US (supraforums) forums.

Eg. someone on PF said they raced someone one day and they get flamed for ever. However, on supraforums they have a section for telling what you raced and encourage people to tape the races for proof.

Why do you think this is?

Send a private message to this user    
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: attitudes of street racing Thu, 01 July 2004 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
americans are fucktards
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: attitudes of street racing Thu, 01 July 2004 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think it would encourge more people to do that and ultimately end up in the wrong hands. (ie police) so it's kinda stupid in someways but you would see some pretty sweet races Evil or Very Mad
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: attitudes of street racing Thu, 01 July 2004 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed_ma61 wrote on Thu, 01 July 2004 18:30

americans are fucktards

nice way to some it up there Laughing

[Updated on: Thu, 01 July 2004 08:38]

Isometric_Bacon
Regular

May 2003
Re: attitudes of street racing Thu, 01 July 2004 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think generally the attitude amongst people that own these types of forums is that the majority of street racing is illegal, dangerous and stupid. Particularly amongst communities with alot of older guys, and people that regularly do other speed related events like khana's and the like which are in controlled conditions. Sure we all give it a kick now and then at the lights and on empty roads... and doubtless these guys do too, but for people that go double the speed limit in a congested/populated area, they usually deserve what's coming to em.

and it's nothing to do with Americans/Australians. It's generally moreso to do with car enthusiants with common-sense and others that are just lead foots and wanna drag everything in site. I post at a predominantly american forum for MR2's, and you're openly critized and even banned if you talk about street racing...

also, with a club based thing like the MR2's and toymods, having alot of people openly talk about how they were going 200kmh in a 50 zone to beat their mates barina doesn't exactly reflect well on the club if the authorities decided to take a look over the forums... Razz
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: attitudes of street racing Thu, 01 July 2004 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed_ma61 wrote on Thu, 01 July 2004 18:30

americans are fucktards

mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: attitudes of street racing Thu, 01 July 2004 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Isometric_Bacon wrote on Thu, 01 July 2004 18:40

I think generally the attitude amongst people that own these types of forums is that the majority of street racing is illegal, dangerous and stupid. Particularly amongst communities with alot of older guys, and people that regularly do other speed related events like khana's and the like which are in controlled conditions. Sure we all give it a kick now and then at the lights and on empty roads... and doubtless these guys do too, but for people that go double the speed limit in a congested/populated area, they usually deserve what's coming to em.

and it's nothing to do with Americans/Australians. It's generally moreso to do with car enthusiants with common-sense and others that are just lead foots and wanna drag everything in site. I post at a predominantly american forum for MR2's, and you're openly critized and even banned if you talk about street racing...

also, with a club based thing like the MR2's and toymods, having alot of people openly talk about how they were going 200kmh in a 50 zone to beat their mates barina doesn't exactly reflect well on the club if the authorities decided to take a look over the forums... Razz

that is pretty true though as the authorities would keep an eye on everyones car on here and wait for someone to do something stupid on the road
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: attitudes of street racing Thu, 01 July 2004 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mick wrote on Thu, 01 July 2004 16:36

it's kinda stupid Evil or Very Mad

Thats cos Americans ARE stupid.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: attitudes of street racing Thu, 01 July 2004 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, I just thought it was strange. I don't go on many other american sites except supraforums so I thought it would be the same but apparently not.

Most of the races that they tape are highway races that can reach some pretty insane speeds. I don't know why the cops don't go on the site and bust them? Anyway, it is good for us people on the other side of the world looking for some interesting car videos Smile

And yes, Americans are "fucktards" Laughing
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: attitudes of street racing Thu, 01 July 2004 10:36 Go to previous message
I've noticed on a few forums people saying street racing is bad etc. But what do they do often in their spare time?? Goto runs in industrial area's, run at lights etc. I'll openly admit in the past I've attended illegal runs in my daily (occasionally still do in the daily). As for the mr2, well its attracted one or 2 trafic battles but nothing dangerous.

I believe its commonly not talked about on forums in australia is the fact that the police often read the forums if they are big enough. If these things are said cops will often showing up to these clubs meets expecting races to happen. Usually resulting in drivers cars being checked over etc/defects handed out etc.!

Isometric_Bacon: nice ride dude!!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:A Lesson Learned
Next Topic:The RAV-GT4 BEAST is alive...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 20 16:30:37 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059900283813477 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.