Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Track Talk » 122km/h in a 60km/h zone.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
icon9.gif  122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Wed, 30 June 2004 14:39 Go to next message
I was on my way home from the drifts tonight and I was getting really sick of how long it was taking to get home... So, whilst on Beaconsfield Pde St Kilda, I decided to catch up to the group of cars ahead of me.

I had my foot hard on the accelerator as the light poles started to pass me quicker and quicker then !!!FLASH!!! I was pretty sure what it was from and quickly looked at my speedo. 122km/h. http://www.ls1.com/forums/images/smilies/pat.gif

What's going to happen to me? I CAN'T lose my licence. I have a muscle disorder and am on a Disability Pension. I have no other way to get around. I can barely walk halfway to the train station let alone the whole way at both ends. http://www.ls1.com/forums/images/smilies/banghead.gif

I went and spoke to the camera operator (It was one of those blue box on a wire types). He said that he can't erase my picture no matter what I offered him. He suggested that I get my grandfather or some other old dude that doesn't drive anymore to take the loss of licence.
Does anyone have a nice old person who would take my penalty for me? Razz
  Send a private message to this user    
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Wed, 30 June 2004 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shiet! not good, 45km+ is instant loss of liscense, i think its either 6 months or 12 months, bad luck dude
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Wed, 30 June 2004 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yup, instnt loss.
and while magistrates often look kindly upon disablility permit holders, doubling the speed limit pretty much means instant loss of lisence no matter what. if It was 15-30, or maybe even 30-45 you *might* be able to get off with leniency. 45+ the magistrate will say you were recklessly endangering people, and with a disability you shoudl be doublycareful when driving. bye bye licence.Sad
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Wed, 30 June 2004 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am going to hell... and soon, because Mum is going to kill me. Sad
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Wed, 30 June 2004 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another thing - the 12 months loss of licence is a MINIMUM, and if you plead guilty a magistrate can't give you any lesser penalty than this. They CAN increase it though...
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Wed, 30 June 2004 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry man you deserve it as a lesson. A lesson in responsibility.

If you were so dependant upon your car, you shouldn't be doing anything that stupid to endanger your license in the first place.

So take what was your fault like a real man and live with it instead of crying poor me.

Sorry I was so harsh, but it had to be said as I'm sick of seeing people do this shit then cry all about that they need their license and then ask how they can get out of their mess they created.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Wed, 30 June 2004 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

He said that he can't erase my picture no matter what I offered him.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

seriously though, is it possible to appeal this?

and most old ppl are gonna say 'damn young drivers' and wont wanna give their licence away for u.
lyle-act
Regular

June 2004
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Thu, 01 July 2004 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
122 in a 60 zone...

there is one word for this...

MORON.
Billy-Mason PI
Regular

July 2003
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Thu, 01 July 2004 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys you are so judgemental.

Look, just tell the judge you were driving to prevailing conditions, it was late, no cars, cry poor due to your disability. Stress to them your broomers is your only way of being mobile.

Or you could say your legs spasmed and floored the accelerator and you couldn't remove your toots from the pedal. It just so happened their was a revenue raising camera there at that time.

Everyone speeds, some more than others and the quicker you guys realise how great speeding is, the better off this world will be and the more dead pedestrians they'll be which is a good thing.

If speeding was bad we'd all be driving speed limited cars. But we're not, therefore the government secretly loves speeding as much as you and I do.

Open your eyes people! Cool
bass_boy
Regular

May 2002
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Thu, 01 July 2004 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no more crack for that dude..
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Thu, 01 July 2004 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrshin wrote on Thu, 01 July 2004 09:18

Another thing - the 12 months loss of licence is a MINIMUM, and if you plead guilty a magistrate can't give you any lesser penalty than this. They CAN increase it though...

^^^Argh, I didn't know this! Shocked So, it is 12 months for that speed is it?

Apollo wrote on Thu, 01 July 2004

So take what was your fault like a real man and live with it instead of crying poor me.

I am not crying poor me. I am pissed off at myself for speeding for no good reason. I am angry at myself and had no other way of venting it. Sad

lyle-act wrote on Thu, 01 July 2004

122 in a 60 zone...

there is one word for this...

MORON.

^^^Correct. Confused .

There isn't really much room for appeal. There is no good reason for that speed.

There is actually a reason that I was going that fast but it is no excuse. The reason is, my transmission is acting like a dog and shifting really badly under load (ie: bouncing off the limiter before changing from 1st to 2nd). I was trying to see if the problem was also with 2nd - 3rd. The problem is that the car can do over 100 in 2nd, hence the speed. It's no excuse but that is mainly why I did it apart from me being tired and bored. I doubt a magistrate will understand.
Billy-Mason PI
Regular

July 2003
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Thu, 01 July 2004 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bass_boy wrote on Thu, 01 July 2004 12:22

Surprised

[Updated on: Thu, 01 July 2004 03:05]

SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Thu, 01 July 2004 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I also think that you should lay off the crack. No No No

Pre-editied post:
Quote:

Quote:

bass_boy wrote on Thu, 01 July 2004 12:22

When King Pharoah of Eygpt called down to his people and said "shine little kittens, shine", and the torch switched on and their was a great shining over the pyramids.

Wow what a great story!
Billy-Mason PI
Regular

July 2003
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Thu, 01 July 2004 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

ARGH Nod
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Thu, 01 July 2004 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What happens when you use your licence? Is it a letter saying "don't drive anymore"? Or, do the cops come round personally to take the licence card away?

There would be a fine as well wouldn't there?

What about the "probationary period" that I've heard of people doing? That's where they keep their licence but double the suspension if they lose 1 point in a year.

How do I find out about all this stuff? Website? Or do I go down to the local cop shop and speak to someone? Last time I went to a Police station to ask a cop a question they tried to pin some traffic offence on me. Confused
Billy-Mason PI
Regular

July 2003
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Thu, 01 July 2004 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They send you a letter stating you must hand your licence in at a RTA. They cut it and suspend your licence.

Probationary: must drive for 12 months and not lose 2 or more points otherwise you lose it for twice as long again.

Fine: yes!

See the RTA for probation options once you receive the suspension letter, or it may outline your options it in the letter.

I thought I was living in a free world.... Nope
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Thu, 01 July 2004 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When I receive the letter will I have a period where I can still drive before the suspension takes effect?

Ps: I am in VIC. VicRoads.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Thu, 01 July 2004 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just lost my licence from a camera as well, and in vic.

you'll get a notice similar to the one in my thread "the fastest supra in victoria is off the road" right here:

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=38084&rid=2351&S=ad44bda6408a6f9bf753565 18dfb2031

except, you will lose your licence for 12 months, and get a roughly $900 fine... whether you'll be off to court or not i dont know

but im sorry to hear it dude... needless to say i think twice before speeding now...
Billy-Mason PI
Regular

July 2003
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Thu, 01 July 2004 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Thu, 01 July 2004 15:39

When I receive the letter will I have a period where I can still drive before the suspension takes effect?

Ps: I am in VIC. VicRoads.

Expect approximately a month from the dated letter to suspension.

mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Thu, 01 July 2004 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$900 fine?? I think it's $430... You lose your licence from the moment you pay the fine, therefore if you elect to send it to court, then you won't lose your licence for months and months. And that's really teaching you a lesson isn't it Evil or Very Mad If you feel like a good whinge, check out http://www.roadsense.com.au.

Plus, it HAS, a few times, happened before, that someone's found something embarassingly wrong with the camera, and all fines from that camera get cancelled Evil or Very Mad Do NOT depend on this at all, though!

Going to court for you has the added disadvantage that you stopped and talked to the camera dude - which kind of points badly at you if you try and claim you didn't do it!

Main thing, however, be as hard as possible to get money out of, take as long as you can over it - make it as unprofitable for them as you can. That goes for ALL of you with speeding fines! *Daddy steps down now*
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Thu, 01 July 2004 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I didn't tell the camera dude that I was speeding... I saw a flash and wondered what it was. He never saw me in the car. I parked around the corner and walked up to his Hilux.

I am not going to be a tight c*nt and take forever to pay. That's not my style. I did the crime, now all I need to do is find someone to do the time. Razz

Nah, I cleaned my bike today in preperation for what I know is coming. I am going to save so much in insurance, maintenance and petrol costs. Plus I will be helps healthier. Very Happy
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Thu, 01 July 2004 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Thu, 01 July 2004 18:36

I didn't tell the camera dude that I was speeding... I saw a flash and wondered what it was. He never saw me in the car. I parked around the corner and walked up to his Hilux.

I am not going to be a tight c*nt and take forever to pay. That's not my style. I did the crime, now all I need to do is find someone to do the time. Razz

Nah, I cleaned my bike today in preperation for what I know is coming. I am going to save so much in insurance, maintenance and petrol costs. Plus I will be helps healthier. Very Happy

hey thats a good way to think mate Smile look at the bright side while you don't have a licence. Just next time try to go easy on the accelerator (I can't really talk there mate) the bloody speed cameras seem to apear anywhere these days, they woe in a street thats only like 700m long a few weeks back here, whats the point of a camera there? there tricky bastards Mad
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Thu, 01 July 2004 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Talk about tricky... The dude with the camera was in a dark blue Hilux looking ute with a fibreglass roof over the tray. WTF!!! Since when are they speed detecting vehicles?

While I was talking to the guy the camera snapped at least 20 people. I talked to him for about 10min. Shocked

I told him how i would find it really hard if I had to walk everwhere and he pointed to his missing leg saying "I know what you mean" Surprised Laughing
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Thu, 01 July 2004 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
probably coz some punk in a fast car ran him over....

Wink

now you can get your motorbike liscense Very Happy
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Thu, 01 July 2004 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Thu, 01 July 2004 21:01

Wink

Are you insinuating that my Cressida is a fast car? I totally agree with you. Razz Razz Razz

I actually don't think that I am allowed to get my motorbike licence. My mate just got his motorbike licence suspended for a year for doing a wheelie at 170km/h, on the wrong side of the road going round a bend. He wasn't allowed to drive either... They took his car licence at the same time. And yes, the guy is a nut. Unlike me he had it coming... I don't often speed. Very rarely to the degree I was caught at.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Thu, 01 July 2004 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

The dude with the camera was in a dark blue Hilux looking ute with a fibreglass roof over the tray. WTF!!! Since when are they speed detecting vehicles?

damn sly mother fuckers!

in SA we only have the normal falcadores etc, we better not be getting hiluxs too
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Thu, 01 July 2004 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Fri, 02 July 2004 01:40

My mate just got his motorbike licence suspended for a year for doing a wheelie at 170km/h, on the wrong side of the road going round a bend.

Shocked how did he manage this? Shocked
lyle-act
Regular

June 2004
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Fri, 02 July 2004 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hrm, it really depends, if the judge is an arse... you can lose it for ages, if he just got head that morning, you'll be fine lol

My brother just got back his licence.. lost it for 9months and that was for a) 200kph in a 60 zone, and b)over the limit. (he was on his Yamaha ZX-10)

Act like a little girl and they will have sympathy. Wink
venzy
Regular

May 2004
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Fri, 02 July 2004 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

ae86drift wrote on Thu, 01 July 2004 21:01

Wink

Are you insinuating that my Cressida is a fast car? I totally agree with you. Razz Razz Razz

I actually don't think that I am allowed to get my motorbike licence. My mate just got his motorbike licence suspended for a year for doing a wheelie at 170km/h, on the wrong side of the road going round a bend. He wasn't allowed to drive either... They took his car licence at the same time. And yes, the guy is a nut. Unlike me he had it coming... I don't often speed. Very rarely to the degree I was caught at.

sorry i made a stupid coment...edited out Razz

[Updated on: Fri, 02 July 2004 02:37]

SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Fri, 02 July 2004 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
leebroozlee wrote on Fri, 02 July 2004 09:42

My mate just got his motorbike licence suspended for a year for doing a wheelie at 170km/h, on the wrong side of the road going round a bend.

Shocked how did he manage this? Shocked

He's a nut... I think he was doing a wheelie not high enough to balance so to keep the wheel up he kept accelerating and it just got faster and faster... Then the corner came and he took it a little wide because he was still on one wheel. That was where the cop saw him. Surprised

Each morning now I wake up and try to work out how I am going to get around without my car. Dammit, I am a fool.

thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Sat, 03 July 2004 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i vaguely recall that in Qld the suspension starts from when the physical licence is surrendered (as well as payment of fine).

So if you pay the fine and foolishly hang onto the license (because it has your tongue poking out or you had a very bad hair cut on day of picture) then you're an idiot. Have heard of one fool who hung onto license for a suspension but stopped driving for that time, went to get it renewed at the DoT and they took it off him there telling him 'your time starts now'... doh!

note: Vic may be different - but unlikely.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Sun, 04 July 2004 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well as of Tuesday, my license is gone...

In NSW they sent me a letter and said that you must not drive from July 6th midnight till January 7th Midnight... I get to keep my license on me though... Not cut or no holes so I can atleast use it as ID...

So first thing on the morning of Jan 7th, I'll be waiting at the doors of the RTA to renew my license... I have to renew my Green P's for another 6 months and then go for my blacks... So in all, I go for my Blacks or Silvers next July and will have my Green P's for 3 years... Meh... Oh well... Lesson learnt but luckily, I work 10 mins from home so Push bike for me and my g/f has a car and a license...
-blown20v-
Regular

January 2003
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Sun, 04 July 2004 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"I have a muscle disorder and am on a Disability Pension. I have no other way to get around. I can barely walk halfway to the train station let alone the whole way at both ends"

dude.. not being a cunt or anything detrimental.. but from wats you said.. you dont have very good use of you muscles...which brings me to my point.. should you really be driving at double the speed limit coming up to a pack of cars when it seems as though you may be a bit slower than most to react to any sudden changes... im not being derogative or anything just thought it would be a matter of plain commen sense.. but then again i guess you are gettin taught a lesson with the whole loss of licence anyways... Sad
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Sun, 04 July 2004 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-blown20v- wrote on Sun, 04 July 2004 16:26

"I have a muscle disorder and am on a Disability Pension. I have no other way to get around. I can barely walk halfway to the train station let alone the whole way at both ends"

dude.. not being a cunt or anything detrimental.. but from wats you said.. you dont have very good use of you muscles...which brings me to my point.. should you really be driving at double the speed limit coming up to a pack of cars when it seems as though you may be a bit slower than most to react to any sudden changes... im not being derogative or anything just thought it would be a matter of plain commen sense.. but then again i guess you are gettin taught a lesson with the whole loss of licence anyways... Sad

Yeah, I can understand how it sounds... I have complete control of my muscles like any normal person. Reaction times and ability to respond to things are normal. My problem lies in the muscle bulk and strength which is reduced. This leads to fatigue when walking more than anything. eg: I unloaded half a ton of sand from my trailer the other day and found the standing up for 2hrs the hardest bit (I was pretty useless for a couple of days afterwards though)

In answer to your question, no-body should be driving at double the speed limit but my ability to react in that situation is pretty much normal.

Ps: I was still half a km from the cars in front and was about to slow down. It all felt very safe at the time. Middle lane of 3, miles from any other cars and late at night. Confused
..J..
Regular

June 2004
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Fri, 09 July 2004 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont know how you could say you felt safe doing 122 in a 60.

it just goes to show you dont have to have fuzzy hair and big shoes to be a clown
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Fri, 09 July 2004 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It felt safe because... The car was stable. It was a 6 lane road (3 lanes each way) with a 5m wide grassy area between the two directions. I was in the middle southbound lane so I could see a long way ahead. No pedestrian could suddenly step out without a bit of warning. etc...
cozzb
Regular

March 2004
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Fri, 09 July 2004 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Fri, 09 July 2004 18:22

It felt safe because... The car was stable. It was a 6 lane road (3 lanes each way) with a 5m wide grassy area between the two directions. I was in the middle southbound lane so I could see a long way ahead. No pedestrian could suddenly step out without a bit of warning. etc...

Sorry but I have to add something

1.What you think may not be the reality.Some people think doing 130km/h at the same sending SMS on the freeway in a little Honda City is saft.

2.Even if it is saft to drive your car at that time and place you are still breaking the law.

Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Sat, 10 July 2004 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cozzb wrote on Sat, 10 July 2004 06:41

1.What you think may not be the reality.Some people think doing 130km/h at the same sending SMS on the freeway in a little Honda City is saft.

2.Even if it is saft to drive your car at that time and place you are still breaking the law.

Pfft what are u? a fuckin cop?

this isnt even that fast, im sure ALL of you commenting here have done that speed before, so dont act like ur all high and mighty.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Sat, 10 July 2004 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They do have a point. Some people shouldn't be allowed on the road, let alone speed. But Arch also has a point. Since when was everyone here such law abiding citizens?
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Sat, 10 July 2004 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL i cant say im an angel on the road. Having spent 10 months in a 4 year period without a licence i know how it feels without a licence. SIMDOG if you do have this condition you speak of you might be able to apply to have the penelty overturned due to your medical condition. This however would require a court hearing and medical evidence to support your statements.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Sat, 10 July 2004 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there's "safe" and there's safe

I've done 130 in a 50 zone and known I could control the car perfectly, but equaly the faster you go the higher your risk of accident, always.

mind you, doing 220 on the m4 didn't feel as safe - car was nice and stable, but other drivers are unpredictable.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Sun, 11 July 2004 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Sun, 11 July 2004 04:32

I've done 130 in a 50 zone and known I could control the car perfectly, but equaly the faster you go the higher your risk of accident, always.

mind you, doing 220 on the m4 didn't feel as safe - car was nice and stable, but other drivers are unpredictable.

That's what I mean. There was one time that I did 180km/h on a freeway and I really got freaked out when a guy decided to change lanes without indicating.

The 120km/h I did in the 60 zone was much much safer in the situation that I did it. No other cars. Still a reasonable stopping distance and a wide road.

I am not saying these are legal.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Sun, 11 July 2004 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Sun, 11 July 2004 12:29

draven wrote on Sun, 11 July 2004 04:32

That's what I mean. There was one time that I did 180km/h on a freeway and I really got freaked out when a guy decided to change lanes without indicating.

The 120km/h I did in the 60 zone was much much safer in the situation that I did it. No other cars. Still a reasonable stopping distance and a wide road.

I am not saying these are legal.

totally agree when I decide to drive at very illegal speeds I always do so on in area where it is safe no other cars etc. I feel alot safer excessively speeding there then on a busy freeway. always drive to the conditions know your abillty and the cars abillty
cozzb
Regular

March 2004
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Sun, 11 July 2004 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Sat, 10 July 2004 12:25

cozzb wrote on Sat, 10 July 2004 06:41

Pfft what are u? a fuckin cop?

this isnt even that fast, im sure ALL of you commenting here have done that speed before, so dont act like ur all high and mighty.

u got me wrong man!

I am trying to say if u want to go fast u can,
but if u happened to get caught.
Don't act like a gal or try to say the cop is to tricky or what!
U should have been ready to face the result before u speed.
Try to get an oversea licencs as well as your local licences
then u will always be on road!

Or drive within the limit and hope to have ur licence all the time!Save uop some money to drive in the track!!

shoot
Regular

April 2004
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Sun, 11 July 2004 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you on your P's
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Sun, 11 July 2004 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No I am not on my P's. I am 22.

As for taking it to court. I don't want to cry cripple, so to speak. If I take it to court it will be to challenge it some other way. I don't want pity. But, I am happy to screw over the government by finding a loophole or technicality. Evil or Very Mad
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Sun, 11 July 2004 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to be completely honest, I wouldn't bother taking it to court

a) you did it
b) magistrate is not likely to be lenient with you in any way
c) for him to be lenient, you'd most likely have to hire a lawyer, which would work out more expensive, and might get your suspension reduced by 3 months, or maybe a few hundred taken off the fine
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Mon, 12 July 2004 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im saving my points for when i get my ma61 going Razz
serge
Regular

June 2002
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Tue, 13 July 2004 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unlucky.....You'll be getting a 6 month suspension and a $2200 fine depending on what mood the judge is in. Good luck.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Tue, 13 July 2004 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they should give u up to 6 months to pay the fine and sumtimes u can exchange a longer suspension for a lower fine. Oh maybe get community service if u can't afford that.

I got 77 hours community service $500 fine and a 12 month suspension for dangerous driving . The most expensive thing was the $2000 lawyers bill
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Tue, 13 July 2004 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrshin wrote on Thu, 01 July 2004 09:18

Evil Foetus wrote

except, you will lose your licence for 12 months, and get a roughly $900 fine...

mrshin wrote

$900 fine?? I think it's $430...

serge wrote

Unlucky.....You'll be getting a 6 month suspension and a $2200 fine depending on what mood the judge is in. Good luck.

There seems to be a bit of confusion as to what I will get. Are we all talking about Vic. If not, these figures mean nothing.
rick_o
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Wed, 14 July 2004 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FYI...you won't be able to get a MB license, as they issue it on the same number. I lost mine the other way 'round when I lived down there (speeding on a bike, lost both the bike and the car license)

Second up, Vic police have long used unusual cars for speed cameras...Camry's etc..

Thirdly, now you've got your chance, escape the cold (..and the rediculous speed camera thresholds...) and move to Qld Smile

R

[Updated on: Wed, 14 July 2004 07:10]

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Wed, 14 July 2004 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was talking NSW
knowing NSW, everywhere else is probably more lenient/reasonable (depending on your point of view)

I would say a suspension of lisence is mandatory for thatkinda speeed tho. Check the vicroads website, I'm sure they have the standard fine/susension on that (if you take it to court, the judge is free to impose basically whatever he likes)
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Thu, 15 July 2004 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a mate got done for same sorta speed (approx 120 in a 60), driving on wrong side of road and evading a police officer (can't remember how he got caught though). He lost his for 12 months (unsure of fine) after goin to court. He was also on p's.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Thu, 15 July 2004 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my friend was doing 129km in a 100km zone, on his p's with no p plates, and he was drinking too

lost it for 12 months

edit: btw i got off for doing 120km+ in a 50 zone last week, thats the best luck ive had in ages. but then today, as i was heading to pay my last 2 fines, i got ANOTHER ONE!!! 50 in a 40 zone!!! im the UNLUCKIEST GUY ON EARTH

[Updated on: Thu, 15 July 2004 12:50]

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Thu, 15 July 2004 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that actually reminded me. Went to a party with a few mates one night. The guys that were having the party decided to take out one of their folks's car (VT i think it was). Anyways to cut a long story short they ended up having a head-on with a 4wd. Driver was drunk and stoned, he was an l plater with no l plates up, no full licenced driver, and he was using mobile phone when he crashed......... he got......... absaloutly nothing. got off on everything some how :S
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Mon, 19 July 2004 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Thu, 15 July 2004 22:45

edit: btw i got off for doing 120km+ in a 50 zone last week, thats the best luck ive had in ages. but then today, as i was heading to pay my last 2 fines, i got ANOTHER ONE!!! 50 in a 40 zone!!! im the UNLUCKIEST GUY ON EARTH

I could think of another word for it Rolling Eyes
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Mon, 19 July 2004 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am actually starting to doubt if the fine is actually coming for me... On Wednesday it will be 3 weeks from when I saw the camera flash. Still nothing in the mail... Each day I go to the mailbox and expect to see the fine but not yet. How long does it take to come?
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Mon, 19 July 2004 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
most ppl it takes about a month, but ive heard of it taking longer.

apparently they are able to issue u the fine anywhere up to 365 from the date u commit the offence?

my fines always take only 2 weeks to arrive, they send em EXPRESS Mad
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 122km/h in a 60km/h zone. Mon, 19 July 2004 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Ah CRAP... so it is still coming. It's like a homing missile. Sad
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:look at me! im drive 40 on 60 road! im SAFE!
Next Topic:Nailed a bluebird sss
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 07:26:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0087029933929443 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.