Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
HighRolla
Forums Junkie

January 2004
4age turbo/ fuel question Thu, 01 July 2004 12:17 Go to next message
A guy on these forums I think drifter4ag has had some good results with mild boosting stock 4age's using stock fuel injectors, comp etc.

I was just wondering how this would go. If you add more air flow into the intake manifold due to the turbo setup I wouldn't imagine you are getting any more fuel than when you floor it in a stock 4age without the turbo (system goes into open loop). Is there enough fuel for this increase in air flow (say turbo is only at 5psi). It appears so by what he has done with his. unless there is something that I am missing Rolling Eyes

Thanks,
Ben
  Send a private message to this user    
HighRolla
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: 4age turbo/ fuel question Thu, 01 July 2004 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone?

I've heard the 4age injectors max out at 150hp. But will they provide there max flow running off the standard 4age blue top computer. A 15-20kw increase in power would be enough for me.

Would the best thing to do be to change the ouput from the coolant temp sensor . I.e. tricking ecu to richen up the mixture as it believes engine is cold. However this doesn't help the open loop case Rolling Eyes Mad

[Updated on: Thu, 01 July 2004 13:36]

HighRolla
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: 4age turbo/ fuel question Thu, 01 July 2004 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Only a small trubo would be needed...how about something off a pulsar ET turbo or something like this. Or off the starlet turbo?

Just need it to spool up quickly really as not interested in having much boost.

HighRolla
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: 4age turbo/ fuel question Thu, 01 July 2004 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would a turbo off an RB20 motor do the trick? Anybody used this on a ge or Gze for low down boost?
10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: 4age turbo/ fuel question Thu, 01 July 2004 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have turboed a few NA 4age motors and they work a treat,

depending on what you want to do either 4agze or 7mgte injectors are the go

stock computer will crap it self straight up when the motor comes on boost, you need a after market ecu.

Dale
HighRolla
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: 4age turbo/ fuel question Fri, 02 July 2004 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the reply Dale.

Aftermarket ECU = money. Damn Mad

This guy said he ran it off factory ECU at low boost though...
10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: 4age turbo/ fuel question Fri, 02 July 2004 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i tryed to run the misses starlet on the stock ecu when i put the turbo on it, it would just ping really bad at 1 psi boost and would fall on its face at 2psi, factory ecus are not made to cope with turbos, we only drove the starlet 2km back to my place and i fitted the microtech straight away,

one of my favourate sayings is

horsepower costs money, how fast do you want to go....
HighRolla
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: 4age turbo/ fuel question Fri, 02 July 2004 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bugger..don't think I'll do it then.
Cost of ECU etc (plus time to set up) will defeat the purpose of this low cost turbo install

Is there any chance of running this low boost off factory ecu, it seemed drifter4ag did it, I wonder if anyone else has. THe starlet project doesn't sound promising Sad ..thanks Dale.

ben
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: 4age turbo/ fuel question Fri, 02 July 2004 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can use the 4agze ecu
10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: 4age turbo/ fuel question Fri, 02 July 2004 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id say that is what he has done, used the GZE computer,

the starlet is fine now it has the microtech in it, making 139hp at the tyres with a totally stock NA motor

Dale
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 4age turbo/ fuel question Fri, 02 July 2004 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you need a standard gze ecu i have one that i dont need.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4age turbo/ fuel question Fri, 02 July 2004 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 4agte will run fine with the gze set-up, specialy on low boost applications. Smile
HighRolla
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: 4age turbo/ fuel question Sat, 03 July 2004 08:03 Go to previous message
How much do you reckon the GZE comp is worth. I might try and get it running off the GE comp..I'll keep you posted fatmr2 (thanks)

I'm getting an old manifold to play around with i.e. chop and reweld (dont want to have to make up the flange at the ports)..just hope the cast iron welds ok.

But I've still got to decide on a turbo.

I can get a turbo from a 12A (Hitachi unit) pretty cheap. I don't know how this would compare to the T25. I really want the boost to come on early to compensate for the lack of low end torque of the GE. I think the Hitachi unit is only oil cooled

Any opinions grealy appreciated

[Updated on: Sat, 03 July 2004 08:05]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket
Next Topic:ma70 supra part numbers wanted
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 10:27:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.032817125320435 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.