Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Twin Carbs ?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
icon5.gif  Twin Carbs ? Wed, 30 June 2004 05:37 Go to next message
I was thinking of ways to get a bit more go out of my celica and i thought of twin carbs i mean twice the fuel and air i no they did it on old toranas and a mate did it 2 his corolla but what are the chances of it putting too much fuel in and my exhaust exploding ? i'd get the inlet manifold made professionally but any info or even opinions would be great

Thanks mookiemadskillz
  Send a private message to this user    
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Twin Carbs ? Wed, 30 June 2004 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Wed, 30 June 2004 15:37

what are the chances of it putting too much fuel in and my exhaust exploding

Dear Mr. Madskillz

Laughing You'll know something is wrong before that happens... It will run worse than ever and blow lots of black smoke.
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Twin Carbs ? Wed, 30 June 2004 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Twin Carbs ? Wed, 30 June 2004 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.tweakit.net/shop/advanced_search_result .php?search_in_description=1&inc_subcat=1& keywords=2t&pfrom=&pto=&x=16&y=18

if some one produces said items then i guess you can run them.

obviously there will be some tunning involed.... but yeah ive seen a few topics on here about dual carby setups.

Cheers

Nathan
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Twin Carbs ? Wed, 30 June 2004 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm, exploding exhaust, that's something you have to look out for.

It might help if you told us which Celica you have, and which engine it has. Older Celicas were available with twin-carb engines from the factory, so getting one of those would be your easiest option. This will minimise the possibility of exploding exhausts also. Laughing
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Twin Carbs ? Thu, 01 July 2004 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it happened to my mates car when i was over must have been SUPER rich it was quit funny after my heart started again.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Twin Carbs ? Thu, 01 July 2004 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i figured too much fuel goin in could ignite in my exhaust i mean it's never happened 2 me but it doesn't meant it won't sumday Very Happy
I have an SA63 celica with the 2 litre 2c motor .

I thought maybe i could get an inlet manifold custom made or at least 1 modified so it would fit my car
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Twin Carbs ? Thu, 01 July 2004 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You have a 2S-C engine, which is basically a boat anchor and not worth spending money on. If you're having custom manifolds made you'd be better off swapping in a fuel injected 3S-GE and modifying the manifold to suit a RWD application.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Twin Carbs ? Sat, 03 July 2004 04:07 Go to previous message
yeah i get that from alot of ppl but because of my numerous driving offences insurance won't ever look at my sideways if i change stuff on my car too far from factory it needs 2 b able to b brought back 2 factory standard should i make an insurance claim . so i'm just trying 2 do up my car as it is. But where would i find (what car did they come in) 3S-GE ????
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ma70 supra part numbers wanted
Next Topic:EOI: Sideshow Wiring in Perth WA
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 09:12:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0041499137878418 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.