Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Track Talk » guys...im so f****** car crash story!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
venzy
Regular

May 2004
guys...im so f****** car crash story! Sun, 04 July 2004 07:11 Go to next message
this afternoon i was driving through southport, in very heavy traffic. And some events occured which led to me rear ending another car Sad (im not going to say how it happend, untill this is resolved). I would say there was...$2000 ish damager to my car and much much more to the car i hit. I just got a call from the other driver, he's complaining about back pain Shocked oh jeezzz im so fucked, i have a feeling this guy is going to milk me for everything i have....problem is, thats going to turn into milking my parents for everything they ahve Sad

I have third party insurance, $1200 in my bank acount...and my best friend got held up at gun point last night, not that that has anything to do with this....but things hath gone to the shit
  Send a private message to this user    
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: guys...im so f****** car crash story! Sun, 04 July 2004 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fark. I did that once. I fixed my car for $1200 (dodgy repair) and my insurance company paid the $2200 for the Camry I hit. Insurance has cost me a fortune ever since though.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: guys...im so f****** car crash story! Sun, 04 July 2004 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
venzy wrote on Sun, 04 July 2004 17:11

<snip>...$2000 ish damager to my car and much much more to the car i hit. I just got a call from the other driver, he's complaining about back pain Shocked oh jeezzz im so fucked, i have a feeling this guy is going to milk me for everything i have....problem is, thats going to turn into milking my parents for everything they ahve Sad

I have third party insurance, <snip>t

any personal injuries are covered by the compulsory third-party insurance paid with your rego <http://www.maic.qld.gov.au/>- the only costs you should be up for are damage to the vehicle(s).

unless the "injured" party attempts to take civil action (which will probably fail as he/she has to go the miac defined calims process), i would ignore them or, as a gesture of good faith, tell them to make a CTP claim thru the miac.

If they pester you for cash, do not pay them anything at all or offer to cover any costs. Seeing as he's probably starting to do this, i would suggest legal advice/aid shoud be your next step.

(from miac web site: CTP insurance indemnifies vehicle owners and drivers who are legally liable for personal injury to any other party in the event of a motor vehicle accident.)

whe you say 'third party insurance' do you actually mean 'third party property' or 'third party liability' insurance? in which case (from racq web site) you have "cover designed to cover you against the cost of damage to another person's property or death of or bodily injury to another person in certain circumstances" ... your policy will define what you are/are not covered for.

you obviously wont have cover to repair your own vehicle, but check to see what cover you have for damage to other vehicles.
venzy
Regular

May 2004
Re: guys...im so f****** car crash story! Sun, 04 July 2004 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i gave my dad a call, the car is actually insurred in his name. His only concern was that my car would probably be a write off....so i might have some parts up for sale soon Smile I dont know what cover he has, I will deal with it when i get the call from the other drivers insurance company.

mmm....i have decided to veiw this with a positive note, if i get enough for my old car, i will be in the market for a new car very soon Smile a good chance to get that ke70/rx7/ae82 twinky...or whatever i have been talking about getting since i got on these forums
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: guys...im so f****** car crash story! Sun, 04 July 2004 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man, if this how things happen over east, thats fucked up.

Over here we just tell our insurance company what happened, and the details of the other driver, and let them deal with it.

We personally have nothing to do with the other driver (I wouldn't give him/her my phone number), or his/her insurance company.

My insurance company deals with everything for me. It saves me from saying something I shouldn't.

Do yourself a favour, if he/she or his/her insurance company rings up, tell them to talk to your insurance company regarding the matter.
You pay insurance so you don't have to deal with this kind of stuff.

Just my 2cents
venzy
Regular

May 2004
Re: guys...im so f****** car crash story! Sun, 04 July 2004 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
already done Cool
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: guys...im so f****** car crash story! Mon, 05 July 2004 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get some one to... "take care" of the other driver Evil or Very Mad
that should take care of your problems Rolling Eyes
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: guys...im so f****** car crash story! Mon, 05 July 2004 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i can see your avatar has been edited to reflect the look on ur face, lol

man that sucks.. i know how u feel
venzy
Regular

May 2004
Re: guys...im so f****** car crash story! Mon, 05 July 2004 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i didnt really do anything wrong....i guess its just one of those things that happens every now and again. I had a slight loss of concentration, just at the wrong time, and when i realised that the person infront of me had stopped it was to late. I didnt get a chance to brake, and i have no memory of what happend, other than this image that seemed like from a dream just before i hit the car in front. I swerved to miss the other car, just as a reaction, it happend too fast for me to think about it.

I would estimate there is about $1500 - $2500 damage to my car, and much much more to the other car, maybe over $5000.

Anyway, im still alibe so its all good
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: guys...im so f****** car crash story! Tue, 06 July 2004 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do not admit that you had any fault in the accident - especially to the cops or an insurer - never admit liability. IEven to the point of editing your posts here.

Simply state that ... the car in front stopped abruptl, you hit them while swerving to avoid another car and that they gave you little opportunity to brake (hence the damage caused). Due to the rapid nature of the incident you have little recollection of the event apart from just prior to the impact.

if you say that you were not concentrating they will nail your arse to the wall and you will pay dearly for admiting fault. Admitting fault allows them to shift the cost onto you rather than have it worn by your insurance policy.

You don't have to accuse someone else being at fault (e.g. don't lie), but simply state that nothing you did was at fault (e.g. just don't say yes).
venzy
Regular

May 2004
Re: guys...im so f****** car crash story! Tue, 06 July 2004 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thechuckster wrote on Tue, 06 July 2004 19:44

do not admit that you had any fault in the accident - especially to the cops or an insurer - never admit liability. IEven to the point of editing your posts here.

Simply state that ... the car in front stopped abruptl, you hit them while swerving to avoid another car and that they gave you little opportunity to brake (hence the damage caused). Due to the rapid nature of the incident you have little recollection of the event apart from just prior to the impact.

if you say that you were not concentrating they will nail your arse to the wall and you will pay dearly for admiting fault. Admitting fault allows them to shift the cost onto you rather than have it worn by your insurance policy.

You don't have to accuse someone else being at fault (e.g. don't lie), but simply state that nothing you did was at fault (e.g. just don't say yes).

thanks bro, good advise
..J..
Regular

June 2004
Re: guys...im so f****** car crash story! Fri, 09 July 2004 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i work for an insurance company , and i disagree

if you have and at fault accident, that is why you have insurance, to cover yourself in the event of an at fault accident.

inthis case, this venzy has had a 3rd party property insurance policy, he ays a premium for this policy to cover him, so the only worry he has is that he now has an at fault accident on his record that will adjust his premiums in future to a higher level.

i think you have been watching to much conspiracy theory my friend Laughing

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: guys...im so f****** car crash story! Fri, 09 July 2004 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
..J.. wrote on Fri, 09 July 2004 13:17

if you have and at fault accident, that is why you have insurance, to cover yourself in the event of an at fault accident.

Yeah, and watch your premiums double, if not the insurance company refuse to insure you again, and sit and wait for the 'reckless driving' charge to come in the mail.

As stated above, write the report as if it was not your fault (and as he stated, do not blame someone else).
Russ
Occasional Poster

February 2004
Re: guys...im so f****** car crash story! Mon, 09 August 2004 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you run up the arse of someone, you dont need to admit liability, it is already assumed. Basically, it doesnt matter if the car stopped quickly in front of you, you should have had the braking distance and concentration level to stop before collision. Police would have taken a version of events at the scene (Which is your legally binding statement). This is passed to the insurance compnay with a full police report. Insurance companys then take care of every thing.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: guys...im so f****** car crash story! Mon, 09 August 2004 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im insured with the MAFIA

You hit us, we hit you Evil or Very Mad
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: guys...im so f****** car crash story! Tue, 31 August 2004 23:34 Go to previous message
From Shannons Product Disclosure Statement. See the Bold bit.
"Both Types of Cover" refers to TPP and Comprehensive insurance.

For both types of cover
-Your vehicle is only covered while in private use unless we agree to cover business use
-No cover while your vehicle is overseas, being driven illegally, by someone under age 25 (except in certain circumstances), under the influence of alcohol or any drug, or being used for racing,testing or an illegal purpose or to carry inflammable, explosive or non-domestic chemical substances
-Other exclusions apply
-You should consider whether this policy will provide the cover you require.
Cover may not be adequate because:
-the type or amount of cover you require does not match the cover provided by this policy (for example, because you do not satisfy terms and conditions of cover or an exclusion applies)
-you do not comply with your duty of disclosure in your policy wording so we do not pay your claim, pay only part of your claim or cancel the policy
-you do not comply with policy terms and conditions (for example, you must pay premiums, not admit liability, report any accident, malicious damage, theft or attempted theft to the Police and us, co-operate in defending and settling your claim and keep any damaged or recovered stolen property) so we can refuse to pay part or all of a claim
-No claim is payable unless you can prove ownership of the car and the extent of loss or damage

[Updated on: Tue, 31 August 2004 23:36]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Dodgy mechanics
Next Topic:Lesson Learnt: ST162
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 06:45:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047509670257568 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.