Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Denso Nippon Iridiums Vs. NGK Iridiums

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Denso Nippon Iridiums Vs. NGK Iridiums Mon, 28 June 2004 09:23 Go to next message
Hey guys, just want to find out if anyones tried both of these, and which do you favour the most?
  Send a private message to this user    
xl912
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: Denso Nippon Iridiums Vs. NGK Iridiums Thu, 01 July 2004 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have used the NGK Iridiums for the last 10,000 km. They seem to work well enough. The main benefit is greater heat tolerance and therefore longer life through resistance to heat shock.
No wear thus far, where as normal copper plugs, begin to wear within a few thousand miles. The iridium plugs also seem less prone to fouling at idle.
Robert
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Denso Nippon Iridiums Vs. NGK Iridiums Thu, 01 July 2004 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nippon denso is toyotas original part , so id say they are good as well
Super Jamie
Regular

On Probation

December 2002

Re: Denso Nippon Iridiums Vs. NGK Iridiums Mon, 05 July 2004 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are these something like platinum spark plugs that are sposed to last 200,000km or whatever? if so, i'd say six of one, half a dozen of the other

densos are great plugs, my mate has had a NORMAL $48 set last 180,000km and three motors. the firing tip is starting to wear thin and bend with heat, but they'll last another 20 easy

that being said, NGKs are great plugs too, and they're what I use because they're readily available at supercheap, and their nomenclature is easy to understand (bp6es, bp5ey, etc)
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Denso Nippon Iridiums Vs. NGK Iridiums Mon, 05 July 2004 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm going to try out some autolite plugs as I can get them cheaply through work. i'll see how they go
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Denso Nippon Iridiums Vs. NGK Iridiums Mon, 05 July 2004 06:17 Go to previous message
Im using Nippon Denso Plats on my GZE. Work nicely.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4agze exhaust suggestions
Next Topic:ke55 poor fuel economy help
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 07:02:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004406213760376 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.