Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
100KW KE70 F/S - NOW SOLD Sat, 12 June 2004 03:52 Go to next message
Another project beckons (details TBA), and so a few of our other vehicles have to "make way". (Including the Celsior - advertised here and open to offers - and an immaculate '97 VFR750).

Anyway, we are also going to part with our little 'Rolla.

Details are:

1982 KE70 XX Corolla in blue.
100KW 4AGE engine conversion in 2002.
4-2-1 headers into 2.5" system
Fully engineered
body is straight, but has a small amount of rust (nothing major, and is unchanged since we bought the car - advantage of living in Canberra, I guess. I'm just too lazy to get off my arse and properly fix it!)
has all OEM wheels (13" alloys) and now runs identical-looking 14" alloys from a XX Corona (bought so that we can run wider, lower profile rubber, without it being obvious - car is a sleeper, after all Smile )
Some other spares include tail-lights, front rotors and calipers (still attached to struts), alternator. Doesn't have a radio installed (OEM one doesn't work, and the one which was fitted when we bought it isn't much better. Can supply the 2nd radio plus an MX73 Cressida unit, if someone wants to chuck that in Confused)
Engine runs well, doesn't appear to blow any smoke and goes hard. Recently replaced the T50 with another unit (still have original T50 which has knackered bearings - suit reco).

Have been slowly retro-fitting A/C to the car - interior unit is in, Compressor is in and evaporator unit is also fitted, now needs to be wired and have hoses/gas fitted etc)

This little car was originally bought to use as a commuter in 2002 and has been our daily driver ever since. We've put approx. 64,000kms on it since then, and it has never let us down. It's a great little car which is relatively cheap to run and has a bit of poke (a fair bit more than an OEM-engined one, anyway Smile )
I have serviced it with oil and filters every 5000kms using Ryco filters and HPR15 oil. Fitted Iridium plugs approx. 6 months ago and an air filter at the same time. Coolant was replaced approx 8 months ago (Toyota Type IV). Tyres are in good condition with approx 80% tread.

Would suit someone who wants a reasonably quick car which doesn't attract attention, but which can be used as the basis for a real build-up project down the track. (4AG-Z/TE?)

Rego till August 04 (ACT).

Asking $3000 ONO. (Most of the conversion bits and pieces cost almost that much).

Need to sell quickly as we have decided on the project car we want to get, and I made an offer this morning (which was accepted) = need $$.

Photos available soon. enquiries to biased99@hotmail.com or 'phone 0402898777

Forgot to add, new shocks and struts were fitted around 8 months ago, along with a reco'd steering rack.

[Updated on: Tue, 20 July 2004 21:02]

Send a private message to this user    
MR KE70
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 4AG KE70 F/S Sun, 13 June 2004 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pics
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AG KE70 F/S Sun, 13 June 2004 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR KE70 wrote on Sun, 13 June 2004 12:15

pics

Sorry mate, just got back from Temora (Cruise with CCG to have a look at the aviation museum). Will take some pics tomorrow and put up some links...
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AG KE70 F/S Mon, 14 June 2004 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, have now taken some pics, and have included a few below...

http://www.itplanet.net.au/Rolla/im000534.jpg

http://www.itplanet.net.au/Rolla/im000533.jpg

http://www.itplanet.net.au/Rolla/im000529.jpg

http://www.itplanet.net.au/Rolla/im000535.jpg

If interested, PM, or email biased99@hotmail.com
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: 4AG KE70 F/S Mon, 14 June 2004 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

[Updated on: Mon, 20 September 2004 11:36]

ZenkiFc
Newcomer

June 2004
Re: 4AG KE70 F/S Mon, 14 June 2004 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where abouts is the rust and how much of it is there?

I'd have to check with Vicroads to see if it can be registered in Victoria, but being engineered makes it a lot less of a hassle.

What is the general condition of the interior?

How many kms on the car?

Very keen, would like to know asap Smile
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AG KE70 F/S Mon, 14 June 2004 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sprintr wrote on Mon, 14 June 2004 15:41

where abouts are you ? would i have to get it engineered ? i am not sure if this came with the 4kc or 4ac i think if its the 4ac i wouldn;t need too.

FYI, this particular car came with the 4K. The AE71 Corolla had the 4AC. The car is fully engineered for this swap.

Odometer reads 300,000kms - interestingly, that makes a yearly average for the vehicle of only around 13,600kms (See, you CAN prove anything with stats Laughing ) . Engine went in at 236,000. (Not sure what kms it had on it - we bought it and all the other stuff from Toyospares and the timing belt cover still has their writing on it saying "Tested A1" - I think they'd have run a CR test over it?) Timing belt and other stuff was done then. Have since serviced for oil/filters every 5,000kms, and have recently done plugs and air filter.

Interior is in good nick with no rips in seats etc. Good carpets generally (ie. no rips etc), and we've put some cheap floor mats in the front to protect the carpet there.

As for getting it registered in Vic, you shouldn't have any dramas...If it's engineered, it should be recognised by any rego authorities.

Rust. Has some below the LHS tail-light (See 3rd pic above). Also some in the boot "sill" (where the rubber seal goes around the edge). There is also some (very minor) in the LHS doors. As stated above, I've been very lazy not fixing it myeslf, but the rust is the same now as it was when I bought the car in March 2002, so there has been no deterioration of the condition in that respect.

http://www.itplanet.net.au/Rolla/im000538.jpg

http://www.itplanet.net.au/Rolla/im000539.jpg

http://www.itplanet.net.au/Rolla/im000540.jpg
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AG KE70 F/S Mon, 14 June 2004 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
==BUMP== (1st of many, no doubt...)
4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: 4AG KE70 F/S Mon, 14 June 2004 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice KE70, they are a good sleeper with a 4age. I had plans to 4AGE my ke70 but never got round to it. Instead I bought an ae86. Good luck with sale man. free bump..

$3000 is a very good price for the included mods.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AG KE70 F/S Tue, 15 June 2004 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Free Bump!

This car drives past my place everyday (howdy!) a nice little car at a great price too!!

Can't wait to see what new project will be lurking around the streets..............

Cheers.
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AG KE70 F/S Tue, 15 June 2004 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Tue, 15 June 2004 15:46

Free Bump!

This car drives past my place everyday (howdy!) a nice little car at a great price too!!

Can't wait to see what new project will be lurking around the streets..............

Cheers.

Yeah, I've seen your green beastie around the place. I think you're the first one to actually take notice of the fact that ours has a "slightly" Smile different note to the standard ones (there is another, almost identical one (stock) which gets around here too...
Thanks for the bump.

C'mon guys, I need to sell this if I'm going to get the next project car...Surely someone has a spare $3k lying around???
4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: 4AG KE70 F/S Tue, 15 June 2004 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Someone buy this car, it is mad value!! free bump
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 4AG KE70 F/S Thu, 17 June 2004 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would if i didnt have one of my own! Razz I prefer the shovel nose tho Smile

Good luck with the sale - $3k is a nice asking price, absolute bargain. Your not wrong saying the conversion alone costs that much... it DOES! (see link in my sig)
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AG KE70 F/S Sun, 27 June 2004 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys, Car is still for sale.

(Can't believe I've had absolutely NO interest whatsoever at $3K...I'd have thought it was a bloody bargain... Confused )

If no-one here is interested, maybe you might know someone else who may be? (Car is also in the Trading Post and I've had no interest from there either).

MUST SELL, as we have committed to buying another vehicle...
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: 4AG KE70 F/S Mon, 28 June 2004 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would be, but i dont have money Crying or Very Sad

BUMP
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AG KE70 F/S Mon, 05 July 2004 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
==bump==
Yep, still for sale...
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AG KE70 F/S Thu, 08 July 2004 08:24 Go to previous message
==bump==
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:wanted datsun 1200 ute
Next Topic:ACT Sprinter - Check this out! (Not my ad)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 00:43:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011466979980469 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.