Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » To J Hetfield & crew : You suck.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Tue, 29 June 2004 05:40 Go to next message
Well I've spent all my life searching and now I've finally made the ultimate metal discovery...

A good metal band that lasts more than four albums!

Think about it, how many bands actually last four albums before they start 'progressing' and saying "that any real 'fan' will adapt etc and they aren't alienating anyone blah blah blah I'm a sellout ooh look at my bling bling I can't even grow long hair anymore".

You get the point...look at some of the classic bands, Metallica the worst example, after '...And Justice For All' they went to hell, Megadeth - after 'Rust in Peace' they went bad, even a band as mighty as Opeth started going kooky after Still Life (although deliverance and damnation were good albums and I personally liked them, they weren't as powerful as their previous work).

The only bands that usually survive the 4th album are generally pretty crap to begin with...Slayer, Annihilator (those guys are hilarious) being some of the ones appearing in my collection.

But now I've hit the my personal holy grail of metal, a very good, unique band that has survived not 5, but 6 studio albums...unfortunately they are a bitch to find in S.A (I've only grabbed two of their albums from Melbourne in that store underneat the railway, Metal Mayhem perhaps?).

If anyone likes old school metal (none of this new age drop-d retard pissed off high school kid stuff) then check out 'Lefay'! Another awesome band from europe (not death and/or black metal) but I feel like I'm the only person listening to them. They used to be known as 'Morgana Lefay' before they had some kind of legal issues and now all their albums are released as Lefay.

Anyway, I'm done.
  Send a private message to this user    
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Tue, 29 June 2004 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yeah, check out their website if you want to know more www.lefay.org
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Tue, 29 June 2004 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go put on some Tool or something man. But yeah, what about Amen and the like?
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Tue, 29 June 2004 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tool? TOOL?! Bah Razz
Amen - haven't heard enough to say, I'll check them out though Smile
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Tue, 29 June 2004 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
p.s. you heard any lefay?
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Tue, 29 June 2004 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude, don't knock Tool.......

Lefay I have not heard.

To me, a band that retains the same style thoughout their career is neither innovative, nor, in the end, interesting. And if they are successful at that original style, one could also be of the opinion that they are selling out. Change is a natural evolution.

Having said that, however, some really good bands that probably have not changed too much, and are still very good are: My Dying Bride, Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, In Flames, Meshuggah, Dilinger Escape Plan, Ministry, Anthrax, Pantera and Death Angel. Also Strapping Young Lad. They have only had three albums, but Devin Townsend has created numerous other releases, some of which are also very heavy. SYL have evolved, but not changed too much.

I'm not a guitarist, so I don't know how many of these bands use drop-D tuning. All of these bands 'mix-it-up', varying their style while not changing dramatically. All of them are still very hardcore (not the style). I am not a fan of Metallica's current style, but I don't hold against them the desire to change style for the sake of wanting to play something different.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Tue, 29 June 2004 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah I'm not knocking Tool - i own two of their albums Smile But having said that some of their stuff gets dull after a while.

Pantera have hella changed, I mean ask most Pantera fans what they think of 'Cowboys from Hell' and they'll say "what album?".

Cradle of Filth - you heard their latest album, I reckon it was a huge improvement over their previous work, although most people would say it's a pile of turd as it is very different as well.

I STILL haven't heard Meshuggah - what rock am I living under you ask?! I dunno, but I haven't crawled out of it have I???

Quote:

To me, a band that retains the same style thoughout their career is neither innovative, nor, in the end, interesting.
True, style can change - like I said Opeth's latest albums are still fantastic, if in a completely different vein to their original albums. But what is retained is the musical complexity, the structure and the energy they put in. I listen to what most bands consider 'progression' and I'm struck by a wave of blandness. Dark Tranquillity changed their style and I personally think pulled it off well with 'Projector', but their next album was balls - music and style wise.

Heh - as for drop-d it's not all that important, I've just seen some bands WAY over-use it's advantages to the complete disregard of it's disadvantages.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Tue, 29 June 2004 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just wanted to plug Lefay and bash Metallica while I'm at it Smile

(yeh, I know I'm simple)

[Updated on: Tue, 29 June 2004 07:15]

AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Tue, 29 June 2004 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWDboy wrote on Tue, 29 June 2004 17:15

I just wanted to plug Lefay and bash Metallica while I'm at it Smile

(yeh, I know I'm simple)

Yeah why not!

I'm gonna have to find me some Lefay now!
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Tue, 29 June 2004 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I must admit I only know Pantera's first three. There are changes, but not to the scale of Metallica. Metallica went from really good speed metal, to a dark, moodier album (black) that had some good riffs (eg sad but true), to a complete load of shitty, schlock-rock.

Also, I only know one Cradle album, that being Cruelty and the Beast, so I cannot judge it against their latest releases. However as much as I enjoy all Dimmu Borgir albums, since Cradles drummer joined the fray, Death Cult Armagheddon is brutal in it's machanical force and relentlessness, and surely Dimmu's best opus to-date.

Get thee to a record store and purchase Meshuggah's Chaosphere. You will be in therapy for a month. No more needs to be said.

I think Deliverance and Damnation are excellent albums. Different to Blackwater Park, but equally as good. It is interesting to note that with Deliverance amongst others, Opeth did not rehearse before recording the album. Pretty impressive result if you ask me.

Katatonia are one band who have changed a lot, but I don't think in a bad way. Another band that probably haven't changed much, though, are Cannibal Corpse.

I don't think it's good to demand that bands keep exactly the same style, or else we won't listen to them anymore. It's too rigid, and it can become boring. You and I evolve in most things we do, why is it unreasonable to think that the bands we like and seem to identify with, can and should evolve also.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Tue, 29 June 2004 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As long as they don't suck at their new style! It's always bad when a band that is really good at one thing, goes and tries to do something else that another band does a billion or more times better.

I'll follow the recommendation on Meshuggah Smile Once I have a bank balance again in a coupla days.

I must admit, my metal band knowledge has decreased ever since triple j's metal session got that new guy (andrew?). I used to like Lewi on 93.7's powersurge (in SA) but that seems to have gone a bit odd lately too.
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Tue, 29 June 2004 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coyboys from hell wasnt pantera's first album, they had 3 or 4 before that
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Tue, 29 June 2004 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lang wrote on Tue, 29 June 2004 18:04

Did I say that?
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Tue, 29 June 2004 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Tue, 29 June 2004 18:07

lang wrote on Tue, 29 June 2004 18:04

Did I say that?

no, but i wasnt talking to you either, the comment was aimed at FWD boy, and he didnt say that either!!

but the first 3 albums u said u knew of, were they their albums that im talking about, in their glam rock days with rainbow big hair ect......
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Tue, 29 June 2004 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pantera had 4 albums before Cowboys From Hell - and those first few are quite different from their later stuff. Pantera have changed quite a bit over the years!
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Tue, 29 June 2004 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i like panteras stuff from coyboys from hell up to the great southern trendkill. their album after that sucked, i havent heard the most recent one if there is one
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Tue, 29 June 2004 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They released a few records early on in the piece independantly, but Cowboys From Hell was their first after signing with a label (Atco?)
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Tue, 29 June 2004 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In any case, if you don't have Houses of the Mole by Ministry, get that and some Meshuggah, go into a darkened room, turn it right up, and ROCK OUT! hahaha Razz
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Tue, 29 June 2004 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lately all pantera have done is release a live album and a compilation album/dvd maybe?
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Tue, 29 June 2004 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok my input:

meshuggah arent really to my liking, why everyone else likes them.

tool are great, i like their lateralus as much as aenema, top stuff.

IN FLAMES!!! i only got ONE of their albums - clayman and it fukin rocks.

metallica went to shit after justice. sure balck is alright but not real metallica.

pantera are pretty good, also worth checking out DOWN if you like their style.

cannibal corpse have great music but the singing truns me off.

not the same style but i have to take any opertunity to mention the butterfly effect. best band in OZ hands down.

other mentionable bands maybe to 'commercial' for some: disturbed, fear factory, spineshank, drowning pool, out, machine head etc...
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Tue, 29 June 2004 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey FWDboy, just got 'Lord of the Rings' and 'vouz'...that's some really good stuff. Cant believe i havent heard them before Very Happy
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Tue, 29 June 2004 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVOSTi wrote on Tue, 29 June 2004 18:56

tool are great, i like their lateralus as much as aenema, top stuff.

w0rd... hehehe

Tool are awesome man. Easily the best live show I've been to. Bit of a Maynard fan - I really dig Perfect Circle too.
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Tue, 29 June 2004 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok guys lets sort this out. just because out of the twelve or so albums metallica has released some of them werent up to your standard doesnt mean that they suck. i'm a big metallica fan myself and i'll agree most of the stuff they released after black wasnt as good as the stuff before it but they still absolutely kick ass. i'm also a fan of punk music which was slightly intergrated into a lot of songs off st anger. that and their return to a much faster style of music in my opinion made st anger the best album they have released out of about their last 5 or 6. oh and they absolutely kicked ass at their concert in january.

and dont pay out tool or maynard will rip your nutsack off
tempest
Regular

April 2003
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Tue, 29 June 2004 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
used to be into metal in a big way a few years back but dont get into it much these days.thats because my tastes have changed/progressed/matured the same way most bands do i suppose.some stuff i still like to crank in the truck includes:tool,a perfect circle,drowning pool,butterfly effect.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Tue, 29 June 2004 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lefay must be the most unheard of band on the planet!

tempest - you think you have mellowed - I've been listening to classic fm the most lately...

mynameisorodney - Maynard isn't all bad, and I really like Tool depending on the day of the week - my ex-gf got to go backstage at the perfect circle gig in adelaide a while back - didn't exactly have anything exciting to say though except that twiggy is a man-slut Razz

I think I reserve the right to evaluate people as they are today rather than reminisce about some ancient bygone era when they might have actually done some decent work...Metallica should at least change their name Smile I mean sueing over a perfume is just lame?

Some other mentionable Aussie bands - Alchemist (very hit and miss though), Chalice (very mellow) and the best-band-to-never-make-it award goes to Decayed Divinity...what happened to that lot?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Tue, 29 June 2004 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
opeth - I quite liked deliverance & damnation - damnation was a good exploration of their more melodic, acoustic side - which was good for them and the fans. I always loved the way they could go from something like "the drapery falls" to "harvest" - truly talented.
Metallica - they have sucked for a long time - incidentally, about the time when they started their whole "napster sucks" thing .. publicity stunt? never! Very Happy

I'm looking at my dream theater cds at the moment.... first one sucked, next 5 were phenomenal, 6th one was slightly less but still GREAT, 7th one was a little sub par (for them) - trying to crack it into mainstream, and it's just not their thing.

Pain of Salvation's 5th album comes out soon (live one doesn't count, but it was great), so that should be a good test.

Guns n' roses (while not metal) also only made 4 good albums.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Tue, 29 June 2004 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Tue, 29 June 2004 20:47

Guns n' roses (while not metal) also only made 4 good albums.

are u saying the spagetti incident wasnt a good album?.......

BAAHAHAHAHA..... most pawned album evah! Laughing
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Tue, 29 June 2004 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actuall,y I really liek their version of "ain't it fun"
but 1 good song, a good album does not make
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Tue, 29 June 2004 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ps - spaghetti incident may be the most pawned aqlbum, but st anger is the most burned (and I mean the fire type)
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Tue, 29 June 2004 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SevenDust (My alltime fav band) have four albums and they have definitely progressed and evolved but not in the way other bands seem to go. I swear you could mix songs from any album and it it would still flow right. They aren't the same metal as any abovementioned bands but fuck can they rock it like anything. The concert kicked some serious arse (maybe partially due to Sunk Loto).
I can say I have never heard anything that reminded me of SevenDust or anything that they have reminded of so, hell yeah, if you can grab any of their shit give it a listen. (What a fucken plug!!)
Anyway this is a sweet topic and I am gunna have to get my ears around Lefay, eh.

Oh yeah St. Anger I can't stand that album...
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Tue, 29 June 2004 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I'm looking at my dream theater cds at the moment.... first one sucked, next 5 were phenomenal, 6th one was slightly less but still GREAT, 7th one was a little sub par (for them) - trying to crack it into mainstream, and it's just not their thing.
That's exactly my problem - when bands do something they are crap at No No No

I really liked Opeth's earlier acoustic efforts, Benighted for example and some of their more flamenco style classical guitar riffs that they chucked in places on MAYH etc etc...Mikael Okerfeldt's love for 70's acid rock mellow stuff really showed up on Damnation.

I was never stupid enough to buy St Anger (I gave up after Metallica Inc.) but if I did I'd burn myself for being so gullible Smile

Who wants to put money on Pain of Salvations' 5th album being some kind of 'new direction' or whatever hehehe.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Tue, 29 June 2004 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, pantera and down are awesome Very Happy

so is superjoint ritual....

damageplan suck- as do cradle of filth. opeth, dimmu borgir, are great, meshuggah aint too bad

strapping young lad are great

um.... i quite like metallica a lot too, and slayer, tool, beethoven, radiohead, silverchair, dissociatives

in stating my love of metal, i just got back from seeing the musical cabaret chicago... awesome stuff Very Happy
dcleyne
Regular

November 2003
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Tue, 29 June 2004 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Oh yeah St. Anger I can't stand that album...

hehehe, it has to be one of the most polarising albums I've ever listened to. Either ppl love it, or they hate it. Trawling through all the reviews on Amazon showed that it either got 1 star or 5 stars with very few votes in-between.

Ppl that hate it use it to justify why they think Post-Justice Metallica is still crap and will never be the great band they once were while the ppl that love it use it to justify why they think they've successfully re-invented themselves again...

Personally, I love it! Of all their albums, St. Anger and Garage Inc. are the two that get the highest rotation in my player. The Jan concert was just awesome!

Others that I find worthy of mention
Sevendust
Godsmack
System Of a Down

I've also tried Killswitch Engage but can't get past the screech

Cheers,
Dan

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Tue, 29 June 2004 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
killwitch engage played an awesome set backing up anthrax at the metyro not that long ago - really raised my opinion of them (and os soilwork as well, who played even better)

Pain of Salvation's next album will be great methinks

2 main reasons why St Anger sucks:

1) that bloody snare drum makes me want to go out and blow up drum factories - wins the award of worst sounding snare ever. I can never get past that hideous sound in the title track.
2) complete lack of anyhting resembling an inspiration/creative solo.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Wed, 30 June 2004 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Wed, 30 June 2004 08:21

that bloody snare drum makes me want to go out and blow up drum factories - wins the award of worst sounding snare ever. I can never get past that hideous sound in the title track.

You read my mind!

Oh, Creed is pretty good. Razz
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Wed, 30 June 2004 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lars Ulrich is probably the most extremely over-rated drummer in the entire history of music stretching all the way back to cavemen beating rocks together.

The guy is seriously out of time Smile

It always takes me like 20 x listening to a new metallica track before I can figure out what the hell is going on with all the timing...it's truly disgusting.

There is like no solo efforts at all on St Anger is there? I haven't listened to the whole thing, but ever since Kirk got his bloody waa pedal he's fallen into some kind of creative rut.

As for the music on St Anger - it's just plain boring, it's repetitive and I just can't get into it. Like I said, they are trying to do some kind of wierd-ass new-age metal style thing that they just aren't any good at. And Hetfield's vocals are getting worse with age.

I really don't have anything nice to say about Metallica these days!!!

Godsmack/Sevendust/Deftones are too new age for me methinks but they aren't so bad.

Quote:

in stating my love of metal, i just got back from seeing the musical cabaret chicago... awesome stuff
If we listened to metal all the time it would start to taste bland ey? I'm amazed how much metal some people listen to without ODing Very Happy
lyle-act
Regular

June 2004
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Wed, 30 June 2004 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im not a metal person... but i have to agree that metalica are a bunch of fags.

Inflames are cool, and i really like watching this live Megadeth conert my brother has on dvd, tis fucking awesome.
I was gonna go see opeth last year but then had to work so i missed out. Then i find out my mates ended up meeting them at some pub and had drinks with them... shame they cant speak engish for shit hahah

Personally, i love listening to Smashing pumpkins... nothing after Mellon Collie though cause it went kinda... odd. Neutral
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Wed, 30 June 2004 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
??? I always thought that Mikael's english was pretty good, the rest seem a little less confident. Maybe they had too much to drink Very Happy
lyle-act
Regular

June 2004
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Wed, 30 June 2004 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well they knew how to say 'beer' and 'smoke', cause hell, the first thing one of them said was "got a smoke?" haha

Yeah they said Mikaels was ok, but the rest of them didn't really say much.
tempest
Regular

April 2003
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Wed, 30 June 2004 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yeah cant beleive i forgot system of a down!been into those guys since way back.sux that they got a bit of mainstream airplay though,just made way for all the bandwagon jumpers and thats one thing i really fucken hate.It confuses me when that happens as i love that a band im into finally gets some recognition for the hard work they've put in,but then you get the crowd who jumps on the bandwagon just coz its the latest craze or cool thing on the radio,and then there is the old argument about a band selling out(dont get me started on that) and dont get me wrong,im all for new fans to bands that have been around for a while(hell, i've been one on many occasions)just as long as their doing it for the right reasons eg.love of music. are deicide still kicking around?one of their albums i liked,'once upon the cross' i think.

music is my love and my life.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Wed, 30 June 2004 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Meh - I don't mind the bandwagon jumpers, except when they say that the bands old stuff is crap Smile
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Wed, 30 June 2004 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its like that tho, you bitch about why such a rad band isnt more recognised then you whinge when they are, well thats what i do anyway. Rolling Eyes

and back to metallica, i dont know how anyone can say anything after black is good. sure you can compare it to the other stuff you hear on the radio and say its good, but compared to pre-black it stinks. the music aint good and the vocals are PATHETIC! i know he says its cause his vocal chords are stuffed but he should stop trying if thats the case, he belongs in some country/western band.
i felt sorry for jason. did anyone see when they programmed rage?
jason was playing sepultura, tool etc... james and lars were picking back street boys or some shit. slight exageration but you get the drift.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Wed, 30 June 2004 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd like to say now that Lefay absolutely rock and even if they were as popular as eminem as long as they still played as well as they do know then I wouldn't care Smile
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Wed, 30 June 2004 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the opeth drummer 9(schooled in jazz) can speak english quite well.
mikael akerfeldt (spelling?> had a good night ot - beer = no spelling) speaks fluent english - with cool swedish pronunciation.
dont know about the rest, pretty average I'd say.

erm... meaning ful post?
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Thu, 01 July 2004 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He's schooled in more than just jazz, I think he's dtudied percussion since he was a tiny little lad?

The bassist speaks the worst english, the rest of them are alright. I thought that in sweden they are encouraged to learn english at school and stuff?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Thu, 01 July 2004 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
every swede I've met has been sexy and speaks english
maybe that's just my limited university experience - but I swear they lock the ugly people in the basements and dont let them out of the country
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Thu, 01 July 2004 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have you ever been there? plenty of them are fugly. but most all of the scandinavian countries have a good ugly to not ugly ratio.
swedens a pretty good place for music aint it? also some good punk bands from there like millincolin and NO FUN AT ALL, my all time fav band.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Thu, 01 July 2004 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strapping young ladd, In Flames, Fear Factory.!!!!!
Grinspoon while not metal (they are upto their 4th album now) are mad aswell.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Thu, 01 July 2004 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought i w as the only one who liked in flames, even though i only got one album.
dotn like grinspoon anymore, liked their ep and first album tho.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Thu, 01 July 2004 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so no-one else listens to Fleetwood Mac then? Shocked
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Thu, 01 July 2004 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fleetwood Mac were okay, but they aren't my fav old(er) band.

I always thought the Eagles were good, can't say I've listened to any of their stuff lately though.

Back to topic of sweet scandinavian bands.

There's definitely quite a few! Lefay, Arcturus (first coupla albums), Opeth, Dark Tranquillity (upto Projector), Lefay, At The Gates, Gandalf (yeah, really), In Flames, Lefay. Then there's the ones that I don't rate which get alot of attention anyway - Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth (? scandinavian) etc Smile

EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Fri, 02 July 2004 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lefay are getting quite the talk up, may have to investigate further. what would you compare them to?
Drift Technician
Regular

March 2004
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Sat, 03 July 2004 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ever heard Amporphis - Tales from a Thousand Lakes? excellent album that including a likeable rendition of The Doors - Light My Fire song. Cannibal Corpse are wuite good used to love there music. Almost everything else has gone commercial though....... Cradle of Filth was great too
cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Sat, 03 July 2004 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cradle of filth are english and i must say one of my favourite bands theyve had their ups and downs though i must say meshuggah are brilliant i got introduced to their stuff by my drum teacher and have forever been hooked while on the subject of drummer i must agree lars is the most overrated drummer there is (god he sucks)
griminir
Regular

October 2003
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Mon, 05 July 2004 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The northern europeans gave metal a swift kick up the rear in the early 80's, the result was arguably the first 'Black Metal'.
Sweden gave us Bathory in '83. Germany: Sodom in '83. Switzerland; Hellhammer / Celtic Frost in '84.

In the early 90's the "scene" was blown wide open by the media; reporting a blitzkrieg attack of church arson, antichristian propaganda and murder. The norwegians took the limelight with the highest bodycount, and infamy followed. As did a whole bunch of teenagers and social misfits with a penchant for black nail varnish. Cool Hence the influx of scandinavian bands into the global market.

FWD boy, Have you heard Ulver? (Garm from Arcturus) Some of it is well worth a listen.
toynado
Regular

May 2004
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Mon, 05 July 2004 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lemmesee if i can help
Mad Razz Laughing Shocked
hetcase is a wuss
i herd he had to move from Downey, CA, USA cuz he got teased in skool ...
just a freight train comin yor way aaaay ...

poor little saint anger
i herd he disappeared
or woulda if he had any INTEGRITY ...

i hope you all realize davida bowie is about to launch his wurld unisex manifesto
disguised as a concert of course

i like david lee roth's new hair
good luck on the comeback, retard
Laughing Laughing Laughing Mad Laughing Laughing Laughing

Lefay?
i'd be too afraid to hav that band name
next thing everyone would say is 'they're gay'
Rolling Eyes Crying or Very Sad

u dun scare me at all, Elton ...
Shocked Laughing
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Mon, 05 July 2004 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Morgana Lefay is like a arthurian witch if you want to know where the name came from Razz Not to be confused with Levay - which is some weiner...

Haven't heard Ulver - been lazy with my music appreciation these days, I'm trying to get through a list of bands I need to check out so I can cross them off Smile

Drift-Tech -> Yeah i've got that album. Amorphis are one of those bands that have progressed a huge amount, they are totally different to what they started out like. I dunno if I like all their new stuff, but I haven't listened to it much...last album I got into what Tuonela.

I dunno what to compare Lefay to - anyone got any ideas. They are just a sorta power/heavy metal kind of band.
griminir
Regular

October 2003
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Mon, 05 July 2004 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"Amorphis are one of those bands that have progressed a huge amount"
Ditto for Ulver. I liked Amorphis' Thousand Lakes (even with some of the questionable axl rose type vocals Very Happy ) but I never heard any of their later stuff.
Ulver have put out several radically different releases. Now they have gone all techno cyber or some shit.. Garm calls himself Trickster G these days. No No No If you do check em out, the earlier stuff is great. 'Kveldsanger' is a really nice acoustic & soft vocals album. Hehe, even my mum likes it. 'Bergtatt' is more metal + acoustics, and 'Nattens Madrigal' is very metal. Beware the high end production, that treble cuts right to the bone Laughing

ach, I could go on and on.
end waffle
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Mon, 05 July 2004 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trickster g??? rofl....
Laughing

toynado
Regular

May 2004
Re: To J Hetfield & crew : You suck. Mon, 05 July 2004 20:10 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
question for the fleetwood mac fans:
duz, or duz not, stevie nix hav a buncha songs where she whines on and on about being a child molestor?
cuz i've herd at least 3 i think
and i do NOT listen to groups prone to rumors

i listen to truly intelligent types
like ozzy back wen he wuz probly always wasted

and btw,
at the olympics, why wuz everyone always chanting
'ozzy ozzy ozzy' ???
cuz i never even seen the dOOd ...
i dun even think he wuz there

maybe stevie nix knows mikey jacko ...

do you know any nice islands where celebrities never go?
i'll move Cool Mad Embarassed
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:wheres the ass thread
Next Topic:Initial D - Real Life Movie
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 08:57:56 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0073509216308594 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.