Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Caught drifting Mon, 21 June 2004 13:59 Go to next message
Picture this..
One sexy AE86, a tricked RX7, and a black silvia enjoying a quiet, wet night of Drift in one of many industrial areas in Newcastle... Then imagine being in an almost full lock handbrake drift coming around a 90 degree corner and seeing the ol'flashing red and blue pointed straight at you. Crying or Very Sad (I don't wish having a mild heart attack mid drift upon anyone) As we all got pulled over to the side the realisation kicked in that i wasn't going to be parking my car in the garage tonight. The police, as expected, greeted us with stern and fearsome tones telling us to exit the cars. The cops were in a police rescue truck which seemed strange to us, but i guess they were the closer unit and the first to arrive. As we stood together waiting for our licences to be checked and coping the usual and expected abuse that included talk of impounding, and a fine to the amount of $1500, i realised i left my jacket in the car. I asked the officer if i could go and get my jacket and made sure i said sir at the end. He agreed and i slowly ventured back to 86. I grabbed the keys from the ignition, and as i returned i handed them to the officer. The look on his face seemed to be one of shock. He must have expected us to be a bunch of youngsters with a mouth full of lip, and yet we were quiet and excepted that we were caught fair and square. After this i watched them inspect our cars and then have a conversation between them selves. They came back after the other police who showed up to check our cars left. Their gruff looks and attitudes had dissapeared and then we got the unexpected, "we were young once to" understanding talk. I was a bit thrown buy this sudden change of heart. I ended up agreeing to all the reasons why we shouldn't be doing this here, even though they were absolutly silly, just so i looked like i had learned the error of my ways. Remembering, of course to finish each "sorry" with "sir". Rolling Eyes Trying to hold my tongue about the fact that we picked a place that was quiet and waited till late before heading out. There seemed to be an understanding of one another felt by the police only, mind you. Any way, they eventually left us to breathe again Shocked after asuming we learnt our lesson, and more importantly to drive our cars home. It ended up being that we got a warning and we haven't heard from them since. I guess it was our quiet and cooperative attidudes that swayed the cops from being assholes to nice guys. Shit, i won't drift there again. Not for a while anyway. Twisted Evil
  Send a private message to this user    
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Caught drifting Mon, 21 June 2004 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow

your lucky day.. good story dude.. is there a moral there somewhere?? Very Happy
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Caught drifting Mon, 21 June 2004 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Tue, 22 June 2004 00:02

is there a moral there somewhere?? Very Happy

Yeah don't be a fuckhead, admit that you know you were in the wrong straight away and I spose "sorry" might just do it.
(You aren't on your P's tho are you?)
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Caught drifting Mon, 21 June 2004 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i guess you were pretty lucky to come off with a warning
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Caught drifting Mon, 21 June 2004 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice story. Yeah I think being polite to the cops is the best plan. Just hope you don't get a total jerk.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Caught drifting Mon, 21 June 2004 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man thats heaps lucky - i wish i could have such luck! Confused
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Caught drifting Tue, 22 June 2004 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Tue, 22 June 2004 08:02

Thats easy. Drive like a normal law abiding citizen, and have a good lookout for cop cars. Not anywhere near as much fun, but SHITLOADS cheaper Rolling Eyes
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Caught drifting Tue, 22 June 2004 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great story dude...that's one good example of cool cops...unlike some of the other stories which havea go at them...fair enough for the power trip cops Razz
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Caught drifting Tue, 22 June 2004 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i'm on my P's, so i thought i was gone for sure. And if they had looked under the bonnet of RX7 and the silvia then there probably would have been some defect notices.
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Caught drifting Tue, 22 June 2004 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I must admit that i was petrified of police before then. But i have a small understanding that they are people too now. Just a small one.

[Updated on: Tue, 22 June 2004 08:34]

Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Caught drifting Tue, 22 June 2004 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Tue, 22 June 2004 09:39

Arch wrote on Tue, 22 June 2004 08:02

Thats easy. Drive like a normal law abiding citizen, and have a good lookout for cop cars. Not anywhere near as much fun, but SHITLOADS cheaper Rolling Eyes

r u a cop or something? lol

btw im actually quite well mannered on regular roads.. normally

and i never take it to the limit unless im in the hills, ok
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Caught drifting Tue, 22 June 2004 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wish i had those 'hills' you speak of near me mate. Sounds like 'touge' fun Very Happy
venzy
Regular

May 2004
Re: Caught drifting Tue, 22 June 2004 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evan wrote on Tue, 22 June 2004 18:33

I must admit that i was petrified of police before then. But i have a small understanding that they are people too now. Just a small one.

hahaha...police people too. I live with a cop, he is a monster Mad and also my brother hehehe.

Nah, i am friends with heaps of cops, all really nice guys, like anyone if ur an asshole to them they are going to be an asshole back, only thing is they can give u fines while bartenders like myself can only refuse service or whatever.

if u want cops to be nice to u, I think you really have to have no attitude toward them at all, even though some people say they treated the cops with respect, not being smart and so on. This in alot of cases wont be enough, when u speak to your mechanic, or checkout chick, you arnt thinking here we go again another asshole. If you can generally get over the idea that cops are out to get you, and be friendly with them, making conversation etc u will find there are about as many asshole cops as there are anywhere else.

It must be a hard job knowing that so many people think badly of you just because of your job.

anyway, this wasnt at all directed to the thread starter, in fact directed away from him.

And about peoples claims of police having to meet there quota for the month, revenue raising and all that. MOst of this is bs. The only thing i know they have a quota on it the RBT pipes, a certain amount of those must be used.

anywayz...have a good night everyone Wink

venz
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Caught drifting Wed, 23 June 2004 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arch, NORMALLY LOL, a 360 spin onto south rd comes to mind hahahahahahahahahahah just stirring, actually arch is quite a calm driver, until he get some where deserted, or the hills, most of his fines r undeserved, arch actually has skills hes not some dero doing burnouts etc....

when hes not in his 86
his ae82 overheats every 2 minutes so he can do nothing but drive like a law abiding citizen

plus a little bit of speed, or wheelspin isnt exactly a mortal sin!
LT1974
Regular

January 2004
Re: Caught drifting Wed, 23 June 2004 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whos foot prints just out of Clarendon ???
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Caught drifting Thu, 24 June 2004 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah true points on cops there, treat them with some respect and they can be alrite.

i was with a bunch of guys cruising around last friday night. we got to the ferry wharf at toronga zoo and had all the cars parked so we could take big group photo with the city as a backdrop. midway through a paddy wagon came down and we assumed that they would tell us to move along.

when one of the guys went up and just explained to them what we were doing they were fine with it. basically just said don't take too long. we were all quite amazed at thier approach and even offered them a spot in the photo, unfortunately they turned this down. Laughing
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Caught drifting Thu, 24 June 2004 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow ... you are so lucky!

I believe SimonRX7's got a similar incident to tell off when he was Queensland based, except he wasn't so lucky along with a mate ...

I guess his baby-looks must have sealed his fate ... Rolling Eyes
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Caught drifting Thu, 24 June 2004 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe, my ae82 doesnt overheat, changed the water pump. Wink
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Caught drifting Fri, 25 June 2004 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evan wrote on Mon, 21 June 2004 23:59

The cops were in a police rescue truck which seemed strange to us, but i guess they were the closer unit and the first to arrive.

Actually the radio operator probably just called them first, so they could be there to cut you out of the wreckage when you wrapped your cars around power poles.. Laughing Razz Wink
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Caught drifting Mon, 05 July 2004 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evan wrote on Tue, 22 June 2004 18:33

But i have a small understanding that they are people too now.

HOLY FUCKEN SHIT, NO WAY!... no way..... shit.....
TUB-11Y
Regular

February 2003

Re: Caught drifting Mon, 05 July 2004 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha nice story. knowing my luck Newy police wouldnt be so nice too me Rolling Eyes
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Caught drifting Mon, 05 July 2004 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, from what i saw they would get you straight away for rear wheel guard clearence. Laughing
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Caught drifting Sat, 10 July 2004 07:52 Go to previous message
Hmmm... I am always a smartass and get done for things...

I wonder what would happen if I was polite???
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:First motorkhana experience
Next Topic:f'n welfare kids!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 21:30:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060770511627197 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.