Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Whats a good price for a RA28?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Whats a good price for a RA28? Thu, 01 July 2004 15:44 Go to next message
As stated in the title what would be a fair price for an RA28 liftback (Mustang shape)
- Stock engine / no mods
- No body damage
- Minimal Rust Rolling Eyes
- Manual (auto is good too but rather manual)
- Drivable

Wouldnt matter if it had bad paint job as I would be using it as a project car and plan on respray anyway. As for rego it wouldnt matter if there was any but be better if there was at least a month or so.

If anyone could give me rough estimates of price and/or someone in Western Sydney area that has one for sale i would be very grateful.

Cheers
Chris

[Updated on: Fri, 02 July 2004 17:06]

Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Whats a good price for a RA28? Fri, 02 July 2004 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CoronaC wrote on Fri, 02 July 2004 01:44

- Minimal rust (if any)

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: Whats a good price for a RA28? Fri, 02 July 2004 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nothing wrong with wishful thinking Twisted Evil
ra_28
Regular

April 2004
Re: Whats a good price for a RA28? Sat, 03 July 2004 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If u find a 28 in that good of a condition your lucky but i would pay round 3-5k, there round you just got to look.
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: Whats a good price for a RA28? Sun, 04 July 2004 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3-5k? Seams a bit pricey for stock, but hey thats my opinion.
Bluewire
Regular

May 2002

Re: Whats a good price for a RA28? Sun, 04 July 2004 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i looked high and low for a RA28 with no rust..
I found a good shell ut still looking for Tailgate, Bonett with less rust...its a bloody hard Sad
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: Whats a good price for a RA28? Sun, 04 July 2004 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well its either finding a fixable rust bucket or looking long and hard for a rust free body, either ones gona be hard to do in one way or another.
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Whats a good price for a RA28? Mon, 05 July 2004 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bluewire, I have a bonnet, had a tailgate but sold that
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Whats a good price for a RA28? Mon, 05 July 2004 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unfortunatly finding an RA28 without the factory rust option is going to be hard, and if you do find one and the owner knows that you could pay alot for the car based on the lack of rust.

They do come up from time to time but it's a long time between them.

For a stock RA28 that will pass pink slip (ie no *apparent* rust) and everything in good order expect to pay between $1500 and $3000 depending on paint and engine condition. but you can pick up out of rego 28's for next to nothing if you can find them and get to them fast enough. If you go to look at one take cash and expect to buy it because if you say I'll think about it and let you know tomorrow it won't be there (in the case of most trading post RA28's in sydney)

In reality it is easier to find a body that is rust free and purchase a second car and transfer all the parts over.

Depending on how good you are with a welder you'll be doing alot of panel work any how so find the one with the least rust you can and fix it.

CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Whats a good price for a RA28? Tue, 06 July 2004 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CoronaC wrote on Sun, 04 July 2004 21:56

Well its either finding a fixable rust bucket or looking long and hard for a rust free body, either ones gona be hard to do in one way or another.

It's not hard at all, it just so happens, I know where there is a really, really, really, really good complete rolling shell for sale?!
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Whats a good price for a RA28? Tue, 06 July 2004 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CLG wrote on Tue, 06 July 2004 12:11

CoronaC wrote on Sun, 04 July 2004 21:56

It's not hard at all, it just so happens, I know where there is a really, really, really, really good complete rolling shell for sale?!

Yours or mine???? Rolling Eyes
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Whats a good price for a RA28? Tue, 06 July 2004 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Either or! Considering my recent automotive purchases however, I'd kinda like to sell mine?!!!
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Whats a good price for a RA28? Tue, 06 July 2004 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And mine would be heavily over priced...

What have you got youself, did you finally sell your girlfriend?? Laughing
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Whats a good price for a RA28? Wed, 07 July 2004 03:29 Go to previous message
Moments of weakness around an ST205, and a Lime Glaze XA Falcon Coupe, among others have seen my backyard swell of late, so the signature is quite apt for now!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Johal and jakes 1jz and 3t gte dyno outing
Next Topic:~~~Supernova~~~
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 19 19:14:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051889419555664 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.