Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » What is the definiton of a private rd ???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
What is the definiton of a private rd ??? Sat, 03 July 2004 07:11 Go to next message
I was out cutting sick in my dads new sub division (b4 any houses r built and no1 else was there) and i got busted by the cops ??? my old man backed me up and said it was ohk 4 me 2 b there. But because he sold sum of the blocks of land it aparently makes is public ???????

I don't understand i mean i could have done this stuff somewhere i could injured or killed innocent ppl but i didn't .
  Send a private message to this user    
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: What is the definiton of a private rd ??? Sat, 03 July 2004 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how did the cop know if there had been blocks sold or not?
Backspace
Regular

May 2003
Re: What is the definiton of a private rd ??? Sat, 03 July 2004 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im not 100% sure, but id guess that if the road was built with public funding and with public use in mind its a public road.
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: What is the definiton of a private rd ??? Sat, 03 July 2004 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i think backspace has it right.

private road would be built by you, from your money, on your property, for your use.

but still, they can do you for noise/air pollution if you're doing burnouts and such, which have way bigger fines possible
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What is the definiton of a private rd ??? Sat, 03 July 2004 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The for sale signs had the "sold" stickers on them and there were the beginings of houses going up so cops just put 1 and 1 together . It is baiscly a paddock that's got roads cut in2 it with curbs n stuff . I should get sum credit 4 trying 2 do the right thing surly.
Dad has paid 4 everything without funding from anywhere other than the bank. I understand that when ppl 4 living there then i can't do it anymore but there wasn't a soul just a cop driving past happened 2 see my lights and sum smoke
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: What is the definiton of a private rd ??? Sat, 03 July 2004 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
public road is a roadway that has been gazetted or zoned or possibly simply land used or prepared as a road ...

from the nrm&e web site (Queensland Govt)
<http://www.nrme.qld.gov.au/factsheets/pdf/land/LM1 0w.pdf>

The Land Act 1994 gives the meaning of road as:
an area of land, whether surveyed or unsurveyed -
(a) dedicated, or notified or declared to be a road for
public use; or
(b) taken under an Act for the purpose of a road for
public use. An example of this is a road taken under
the Acquisition of Land Act 1967 (Qld) and Transport
Infrastructure Act 1994 (Qld).

<big snip>

In Queensland, roads can also be established at
common law, although this method has been
abolished by legislation in certain other states. The
method requires the fulfilment of two conditions:
• an intention by the owner to dedicate the land as
a public road and
• an acceptance by the public of the dedication,
(meaning the use of that land by the public).

(It is to avoid satisfying the first of these conditions
that owners of land used by the public for traffic often
close the road for one day a year)

Tassie is likely to be slightly different, but across the country, land use laws are similar.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What is the definiton of a private rd ??? Sun, 04 July 2004 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks heaps i would never of thought to go to the Gov. Well it hasn't been named yet so i think i'm ok . The building manager guy said it's still just a feild so i'm set .

Thanks chuckster
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: What is the definiton of a private rd ??? Mon, 05 July 2004 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
party at mookie's house Laughing
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: What is the definiton of a private rd ??? Mon, 05 July 2004 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My Dad told me that in order to subdivide you need to specify many things... One of those things is areas designated to being public roads or property. This means that when the plans are approved by the council that area is then the responsibility of the council for mantenance and repairs. So, if your Dad got approval then technically those areas specified in the plans as being roads are in fact roads even if they aren't finished or they don't lead anywhere.

That is my understanding of what Dad told me. He is an engineer and has friends who have subdivided before. Smile
torque
Regular

May 2003
Re: What is the definiton of a private rd ??? Tue, 06 July 2004 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(in QLD at least) it doesn't matter if it is private or not.

My mate got busted doing a skid on a bitumen driveway (on a house block) would you believe?!!!!

[Updated on: Tue, 06 July 2004 06:47]

Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What is the definiton of a private rd ??? Tue, 06 July 2004 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got away with it . Because the whole place has a name (we were not sure what yet dad likes "kingston gardens") and it has internal streets so yeah the cops were like "oh he is gunna fight us" so they let is slide. I Read sumwhere that this guy got busted doin cooks in his dads servo after hours and he still got charged. But dads like " I don't think u should go there nemore i'm like "yeah i think ur right" it's still not fair tho.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What is the definiton of a private rd ??? Tue, 06 July 2004 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
...Thats stupid.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What is the definiton of a private rd ??? Tue, 06 July 2004 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what is ?
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What is the definiton of a private rd ??? Tue, 06 July 2004 11:06 Go to previous message
That you don't just get let off for a warning for having some fun on private roads... or seeminly private.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:What media player do you recommend???
Next Topic:HAPPY BIRTHDAY SNAKE TITS!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 13:57:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043179988861084 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.