Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
M-TEU information Wed, 07 July 2004 03:24 Go to next message
Hey guys, I know there are a few ppl here on the forums that have looked into the 5M-TE idea, and I was looking to gleam any information that I can!!

In particular, the Injector sizing? (are they the same as 5M-E?)

Seeing as the M-TEU motor has an O2 sensor, I would like to use that computer if possible! However would the maps for the M-TEU be able to fuel the 5M-TE, or am I better off to use the existing 5M-E ecu? Is a rising rate FPR needed? Do M-TEU's have RRFPR's?

What boost can the stock injectors/fuel system handle? (I have read about the XF injector upgrade), but I think that 6-7 psi was the decided figure for the stock fuel system?

No doubt I'll have many more questions later on Very Happy
(and bah, of course I've been searching Laughing)

Thanks heaps in advance guys Smile

Cheers
Wilbo
  Send a private message to this user    
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: M-TEU information Wed, 07 July 2004 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i asked about the mteu long ago.. and no-one even had an idea it existed lol
and if they did, didnt know crap about it
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: M-TEU information Wed, 07 July 2004 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe I know for a fact that gianttomato, Ed, Allan, MS-75 and Evil_Foetus all have some good info!

Now all I have to do is wait for them to contribute! Confused

Smile

Cheers
Wilbo
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: M-TEU information Wed, 07 July 2004 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave has looked into this more then me but if you can get a MA47 ecu this will lean out your cruise mixtures and allow you to hack the WOT mixtures as needed

Allan
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: M-TEU information Wed, 07 July 2004 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan wrote on Wed, 07 July 2004 15:45

this will lean out your cruise mixtures and allow you to hack the WOT mixtures as needed

Allan

hack?? I gather that all the M-TEU ecu's are the same? Or is there something special about the MA47 ecu I will most likely come into possession on a MZ10 M-TEU ecu...)?

In your opinion do you think that the M-TEU ecu is the better choice? And do you think that it will cope with the extra displacement of the larger 5M-E?

Cheers
Wilbo
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: M-TEU information Wed, 07 July 2004 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.geocities.com/ifli4u/ma632.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/ifli4u/ma637.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/ifli4u/ma638.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/ifli4u/ma639.jpg
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: M-TEU information Wed, 07 July 2004 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's plenty of information out there about them. I built a 5MTE. I own 2 more. There are a couple of guys on here who have done the 5MTE too.

The standard turbo is too small to do anything exciting with but it does come on boost very early when bolted up to a 5MTE. Run the 5MTE ECU and limit the boost to under 7 psi. Running any more will overspeed the turbo. A better turbo might be a VLT - they are pretty common and a good second hand one is quite cheap. It also has the same flange pattern as the MTEU turbo (it's a T03) but you may need to turn the housing around (I have no idea as I never looked). The most important thing is the MTEU dizzy - this has a boost retard unit and retards the timing by up to 15 degrees when it sees boost.

Don't worry about all the other stuff (XF injectors or RRFPR) initially. Put it on a dyno and check the mixtures initially. Modify the fuel system as required from there. A rising rate FPR maybe helpful.
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: M-TEU information Wed, 07 July 2004 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

http://www.geocities.com/ifli4u/ma632.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/ifli4u/ma637.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/ifli4u/ma638.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/ifli4u/ma639.jpg

Hehe, seen these already in my searching Very Happy
Ta tho Smile

gianttomato wrote on Wed, 07 July 2004 19:47

There's plenty of information out there about them. I built a 5MTE. I own 2 more. There are a couple of guys on here who have done the 5MTE too.

Yep, although I think most of the good stuff is hidden in the old forums, which I can't seem to get into Confused

Quote:

The most important thing is the MTEU dizzy - this has a boost retard unit and retards the timing by up to 15 degrees when it sees boost.

VERY aware of this fact Smile

Quote:

Don't worry about all the other stuff (XF injectors or RRFPR) initially. Put it on a dyno and check the mixtures initially. Modify the fuel system as required from there. A rising rate FPR maybe helpful.

In your experience how well does the 5M-E ecu cope by itself?

Cheers
Wilbo
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: M-TEU information Thu, 08 July 2004 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wilbo666 wrote on Wed, 07 July 2004 16:38

Allan wrote on Wed, 07 July 2004 15:45

this will lean out your cruise mixtures and allow you to hack the WOT mixtures as needed

Allan

hack?? I gather that all the M-TEU ecu's are the same? Or is there something special about the MA47 ecu I will most likely come into possession on a MZ10 M-TEU ecu...)?

In your opinion do you think that the M-TEU ecu is the better choice? And do you think that it will cope with the extra displacement of the larger 5M-E?

Cheers
Wilbo

the MA47 engine is a 5m-e with an O2 sensor
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: M-TEU information Thu, 08 July 2004 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No idea. Before I put it in anything, I bought a 2JZGE. The rest is history. I dare say it's a shitload cheaper and better than any 5MTE.
There's a perfectly good, rebuilt, balanced, blueprinted 5MTE sitting in my shed doing nothing that has never run. It could be yours for $1500.
http://members.optusnet.com.au/gianttomato/5MTE/5MTE%20bottom%20end.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/gianttomato/5MTE/5MTE%20head.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/gianttomato/5MTE/5mte.jpg
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: M-TEU information Thu, 08 July 2004 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan wrote on Thu, 08 July 2004 11:48

the MA47 engine is a 5m-e with an O2 sensor

Thats exciting Shocked I guess the chance of finding one tho would be like rocking horse shit? Prbly cheaper and easier to go megasquirt...

gianttomato, I totally agree with viewpoint, the whole project is hopefully going to be a very budget learning experience...I would much rather pick up a 7M-GE/7M-GTE but I haven't found one as yet going cheap enough for my uni student budget (given I'm not really looking that hard tho...). I fully understand that huge power is never going to happen with a 5M-E, turbo or not! But if I can get another 50+hp for a few hundred $$$ and a bit of time Very Happy

However given that I have located a whole car with complete M-TEU, I might as well explore the idea, blow a HG or two and move on to greener pastures Smile
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: M-TEU information Thu, 08 July 2004 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't want to rain on your parade Wilbo, but I'm hopeful we won't have to see another thread like Evil_Foetus's where the leading 5M experts answer all the 5M-TE questions and provide knowledge/parts/help only for the whole exercise to end in "I'm buying a drumkit, thanks anyway" Confused

wilbo666 wrote on Thu, 08 July 2004 11:56

gianttomato, I totally agree with viewpoint, the whole project is hopefully going to be a very budget learning experience...

You silly man. No learning experience with engines/turbo's can be described as budget. If I were in your shoes, and had the required cash for an already built and balanced setup, I know which decision I'd make. And it's not to fart-arse around finding all this stuff for a motor that prob needs rebuilding anyway.

I fully understand that huge power is never going to happen with a 5M-E, turbo or not!

MS-75 will be able to tell you big power can be got from these engines. It's just that it's not a very worthwhile exercise in light of the 7m/1j/2j availability these days.

But if I can get another 50+hp for a few hundred $$$ and a bit of time Very Happy

If it was that easy.... try lots of time, and lots of money, and lots of hassle finding parts. Horsepower isn't cheap

However given that I have located a whole car with complete M-TEU, I might as well explore the idea, blow a HG or two and move on to greener pastures Smile

Well, it's your time and money you are spending. That's not to say I wouldn't do exactly the same thing in your shoes, it's just not the sensible thing Cool
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: M-TEU information Thu, 08 July 2004 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lumpy wrote on Thu, 08 July 2004 13:02

Don't want to rain on your parade Wilbo, but I'm hopeful we won't have to see another thread like Evil_Foetus's where the leading 5M experts answer all the 5M-TE questions and provide knowledge/parts/help only for the whole exercise to end in "I'm buying a drumkit, thanks anyway" Confused

While I appreciate you comments lumpy, I have in the past, and continue to do a lot of research on this topic (note how I knew who the M series junkies were.... Cool )

Quote:

...it's not to fart-arse around finding all this stuff for a motor that prob needs rebuilding anyway.

I rebuilt the motor about 25000k's ago, so it's quite healthy (compression check also confirms this). Also would the knowledge that I have located a complete M-TEU (with car still attached) and am only waiting to pickup said vehicle help you with your 'finding all this stuff' comment Cool

Quote:

MS-75 will be able to tell you big power can be got from these engines. It's just that it's not a very worthwhile exercise in light of the 7m/1j/2j availability these days.

agreed, his motor was very impressive, but noting that my plan was budget related, I don't really think that custom venolia pistons and O-riging were quite what I had in mind in my comparison.... Laughing

Quote:

If it was that easy.... try lots of time, and lots of money, and lots of hassle finding parts. Horsepower isn't cheap

Again, does knowing that I have located a complete M-TEU for the right price does you view change?

Quote:

Well, it's your time and money you are spending. That's not to say I wouldn't do exactly the same thing in your shoes, it's just not the sensible thing Cool

Indeed, if the stock turbo on the motor seems to be in ok condition, I might proceed further, if not I'm pretty sure that I'll turn out to be a pointless effort. My plan wasn't initially to make a 5M-TE, but when all the parts presented themselves in a pretty package I couldn't help myself at least thinking about the idea Smile

Cheers
Wilbo
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: M-TEU information Thu, 08 July 2004 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As I said, I'd probably do exactly the same thing as you are thinking of doing - I was just trying to point out it's not the most sensible thing! Laughing I must be getting old Laughing

I'd just like to see one more try at the 5M-TE that flys in the face of the JZ sensibleness - someone out there is going to take all this info and just have a go, let's hope it's you!

joecoolmk2
Regular

June 2004
Re: M-TEU information Thu, 08 July 2004 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well guys, where i am there's shitloads of stuff for m series engines, and absolutely nothing for jz series engines. it isn't your opinion that matters, it's what's most easily available that is best. if i wanted a 2jz it'd cost me about $5000, however, if i wanted to do what wilbo is doing it'd cost about $2500. by the way, let me know how this goes wilbo, i'm pretty interested. Smile
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: M-TEU information Thu, 08 July 2004 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he's not gonna lose much if any money on the car anyway when i go and buy all the parts off him i need(being a z10 soarer same as my other 2)

why not try it.. its worth it
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: M-TEU information Thu, 08 July 2004 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

amen to that Rolling Eyes

ive given my opinion on tos before, and its still the same:

"if you want to learn how to *build* a kinda cool engine out of bits of readily available junk for fuck all money, and dont expect it to do anything wonderful in the performance dept - the 5mte is a great idea"

dreams of installing a powerful engine? go elsewhere...
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: M-TEU information Thu, 08 July 2004 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed_ma61 wrote on Thu, 08 July 2004 22:09

amen to that Rolling Eyes

ive given my opinion on tos before, and its still the same:

"if you want to learn how to *build* a kinda cool engine out of bits of readily available junk for fuck all money, and dont expect it to do anything wonderful in the performance dept - the 5mte is a great idea"

dreams of installing a powerful engine? go elsewhere...

exactly nothing shits me off more then geting emails ect "help me help me" then "oh no fuck you i'll do it my way"

"All tire kickers should fucking die" modifyed FMJ quote

Allan
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: M-TEU information Thu, 08 July 2004 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm

well for starters:

heres all my bookmarks regarding everything 5m-te:

http://members.optushome.com.au/gianttomato/5MTE/

http://wesside.0wnsj00.net/

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=22792&rid=2351&S=242e57da3feda2a37bb222e 929f9450e

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=20927&rid=2351&S=0ae873efb9e1560d47d29ee f366fb965

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=27205&rid=2351&S=9fcdf1279b1f73f975f8975 ad73c059f

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=14876&rid=2351&S=a59b073ebfa752acfd06773 df625c800

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=1535&rid=2351&S=a59b073ebfa752acfd06773d f625c800

hope that helps. any more questions and ill try and answer.

and about the drumkit, and my 5mte lead balloon:

I had every single intention of going ahead with the 5m-te idea, why would I bother wasting yours and my time in asking so many questions, and doing so much research? I had saved up an amount of money, enough to cover the cost of buying dave's mteu and xf falcon injectors, oil feel and return lines, and a bit of leeway for unexpected costs.

i asked dave if he could kindly also purchase the oil lines for me, which i would also pay for when i bought the mteu. he said that was fine. Very Happy

then i was trying to organise people to help me install the damn thing, and again, dave offered his services which i happily accepted for the price he wanted.

now having amassed all the money, i was firing out PMs to dave and allan. allan never replied, so i thought he wasn't interested.

dave said he'd get the lines for me, and i thought great, this is going to be awesome. Surprised i PMed him a week and a bit later how it was going- to which he replied "i haven't had a chance, ill try next week'

which is fair enough, we all know dave is a busy man.

i PM'ed him again a month later, to get no reply. i posted in my big thread and no-one said shit. i had $650 sitting there for almost 2 months of not hearing from anyone, so i thought, fuck this, i'll go and spend my money on something else. 3 weeks after posting 'im gonna buy a drumkit' i went and bought one. checking my posts now, that was a good 2 months since i last heard a postive confirmation from someone it was going ahead.

conclusion:i had, and still would, have every intention of doing the 5mte hybrid. i had saved up the money, had the car ready and a place to put it in. i never heard back from anyone, and i finally gave up. thats it. so i never fucked anyone around like you suggested lumpy.

[Updated on: Thu, 08 July 2004 13:11]

ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: M-TEU information Thu, 08 July 2004 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no-one is flaming you too much mate, hell i did the same thing - i was the original buyer of dave's 5mte (hence building the modified manifold etc), and look what i did...

BUT

its very easy to see when people are running out of steam on an idea... and its not just reflected in that single topic's posts. new posts pop up about 5mge's, questions get redirected, convos are had in other threads, you can see the momentum wane as the enthusiasm drops off. which is cool, youre allowed to have reservations and change your mind... but dont forget youve got a LOT of people volunteering their time to help with advice and parts, its can you blame them for starting to fatigue and fail in response to posts when its obvious to all that youre kicking a dead horse?

[Updated on: Thu, 08 July 2004 13:53]

Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: M-TEU information Thu, 08 July 2004 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i see where you're coming from ed, and i appreciate the help you gave and continue to give me. i asked about the 5mge coz i read somewhere that it was also a good idea- but dave said it was better to experiment with a cheap motor and blow up something cheap than something half decent... anyway you know what i mean.

but i really did have every intention of going the whole hog with the project. i started to get less enthused because everyone seemed to be dying off.... i had no idea what was going on with daves mteu... and i guess without that, i couldn't have no hybrid, could i? Laughing now allan doesn't even talk to me... so i dunno...

but look, it is the past, ive put it behind me. i learnt a lot from you guys and i do appreciate it. i apologise if someone feels ive wasted their time.

admittedly it just struck a nerve when someone said it was i who fucked everyone around- when realistically, now i think about it, there was probably just a miscommunication somewhere, as i've heard how reliable and good all you senior members are...

but yeah.... look this thread is hijacked enough... and im tired and need much sleep. im now thinking 5mge power, but alas, my saving have been crunched into by a speeding fine. Very Happy so im not organising anything with anyone till i have the money.

gnight y'all, goodluck wilbo with your ventures, and best wishes to all you m series dudes who have convinced me to keep it in the M family.... Very Happy

[Updated on: Thu, 08 July 2004 13:41]

lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: M-TEU information Thu, 08 July 2004 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil_Foetus - I was using you as an example, since the 5M-TE idea gets floated every week or so.......

Good idea to keep it in the M family for less hassle. In fact I've decided to support it by giving you a (virtually) complete 7M-GE (suits a rebuild) to get you started. You just have to pick it up from my parents place in SA. Very Happy . You should be able to rebuild it (ala ed's style) and have a reasonably quick MA61.

It's embarassing that your car is so slow (17 sec 1/4 mile time = ghey).

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: M-TEU information Thu, 08 July 2004 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lumpy wrote on Fri, 09 July 2004 09:13

Evil_Foetus - I was using you as an example, since the 5M-TE idea gets floated every week or so.......

Good idea to keep it in the M family for less hassle. In fact I've decided to support it by giving you a (virtually) complete 7M-GE (suits a rebuild) to get you started. You just have to pick it up from my parents place in SA. Very Happy . You should be able to rebuild it (ala ed's style) and have a reasonably quick MA61.

It's embarassing that your car is so slow (17 sec 1/4 mile time = ghey).

give it to willbo lol
he will have sex with you for it!!!
SEX!!!!

[Updated on: Thu, 08 July 2004 23:21]

bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: M-TEU information Fri, 09 July 2004 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lumpy wrote on Fri, 09 July 2004 09:13

In fact I've decided to support it by giving you a (virtually) complete 7M-GE (suits a rebuild) to get you started. You just have to pick it up from my parents place in SA. Very Happy . You should be able to rebuild it (ala ed's style) and have a reasonably quick MA61.

Oi, what about me ? Shocked I can pick it up for nothing Very Happy If he doesn't want it that is ..... lmk

gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: M-TEU information Fri, 09 July 2004 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was literally giving away an MTEU. It was just that Ryley needed somewhere and someone to do most of the work for him and I just don't have the time to do any of that (I have enough trouble sorting myself out). I'd also hate to be 'responsible' for any mishaps that might occur down the track (eg BHG, hole in piston, spun bearing, conrod outside of block, etc).

Lumpy, most of these guys are into 'budget' performance - rebuilding a 7MGE isn't budget by any stretch of the imagination. Ed will give you an idea of what his motor cost to build. The rings and bearings alone were more than what I was asking for the complete MTEU.

To those considering a 5MTE and have little hands on mechanical knowledge, I honestly suggest saving up and getting someone to do a decent conversion once off. Smile A 5MTE is only worthwhile if you are prepared to do all the work yourself, have a lot of the bits already and know what you might be getting yourself into.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: M-TEU information Fri, 09 July 2004 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks dave- i basically assumed in the end you didn't have time to get the oil lines etc. and help, and i thought i'd nagged you enough so it died out... and as you said, i probably wasn't doing something like that correctly- with a mere re-torquing of the headgasket i could (and probably would) have had all sorts of problems, which would have left me without a car.

so yeah, im still cool with y'all here, i bear no grudges or anything. i just thought i better actually say what happened with my 5mte ventures.

my next project is going to be done correctly- even if it takes me years, im going to do it 100% right so i have a reliable and fun car to drive.

so thanks to y'all, and sorry to hijack the thread any more- Very Happy

lumpy- you have a pm Very Happy Very Happy
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: M-TEU information Fri, 09 July 2004 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Fri, 09 July 2004 09:41

Oi, what about me ? Shocked I can pick it up for nothing Very Happy If he doesn't want it that is ..... lmk

Your car is fast enough Michael!! Think of the little guy for a change. Laughing

But if it falls through for Ryley (as GT said, rebuilding a 7M ain't too cheap either) than I'll give it away between yourself and Dan T - except for some loom bits which I said I'd send to Dave (cambelt) in Melb when I next visted my folks (and visiing my parents is an unlikely scenario at present)
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: M-TEU information Fri, 09 July 2004 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Fri, 09 July 2004 11:03

Ed will give you an idea of what his motor cost to build.

dont ask me to do that dave, i dont want to know myself Rolling Eyes
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: M-TEU information Fri, 09 July 2004 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GIVE THAT 7MGE TO WILBO SO HE STOPS ANNOYING ME WANTING MINE!!! Laughing
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: M-TEU information Fri, 09 July 2004 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Fri, 09 July 2004 17:26

GIVE THAT 7MGE TO WILBO SO HE STOPS ANNOYING ME WANTING MINE!!! Laughing

Bah, if you just sold me the one collecting DUST in your shed already I would be able to happily throw away the 5M-TE idea Razz

*Damm hoarders* Razz

Anyway does anyone know if M-TEU injectors are the same as 5M-E ones?

ps I can understand why everyone is sick of the 5M-TE idea, it does seem to get throw around but never seem to go anywhere.....

Cheers
Wilbo
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: M-TEU information Sat, 10 July 2004 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
correct me if im wrong, but i THINK the 5me ones are bigger- if not the same size. 182cc/min are the 5me ones, the XF falcons are 215cc/min....

i think dave will be able to help you out any further...

maybe im geting confused with the 5me intake ports, which i think are bigger than the mteu. Very Happy
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: M-TEU information Sat, 10 July 2004 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil_Foetus wrote on Sat, 10 July 2004 12:33

correct me if im wrong, but i THINK the 5me ones are bigger- if not the same size. 182cc/min are the 5me ones, the XF falcons are 215cc/min....

Yep 5M-E ones are 182cc/min.

Evil_Foetus wrote on Sat, 10 July 2004 12:33

maybe im geting confused with the 5me intake ports, which i think are bigger than the mteu. Very Happy

The 5M-E plenum is larger than the M-TEU is where you might be getting confused?

Cheers
Wilbo
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: M-TEU information Mon, 12 July 2004 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im goin to revive this thread from the dead and more then likely stand on a few toes in the process. Most of you know how high (??) i think of the admin/senior members on here anyways judging by pm's/mirc messages agreeing with me or what ever.

Anyways to get straight to the point. It'd be fair to say i know ryley better then most people on here (bar one or two members). Ryley fully intended/still does on doin the hybrid from what i understand. I asked him several times what was happaning in the past and everytime he responded that he was waiting for reply's etc. From what i've read/herd it wasn't him that stuffed everyone around, in the end it was him that was stuffed around. If people had done what they'd said they would do none of this would be being said! (I know people are busy with work etc but still). He still has helpers to install etc and a place to do it.

I guess this is one of the reason why so many other toyota clubs have popped up and are still around. Its pretty safe to say that the vic section here is a close group bar the "elitists" that are too good to show up to our meets/events.

Im sorry if this post pisses anyone off but i felt that it needed to be said!.
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: M-TEU information Mon, 12 July 2004 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*throws support in Joel's/Ryley's direction*
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: M-TEU information Mon, 12 July 2004 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now riley, i dont say the following with the intent of deliberatly taking a personal shot, just wanted to let you know...

now...

daves complete mteu is cheap as shit
daves complete 5mteu is brand new and cheap as shit

any 5me (base engine to start a rebuild from) from a wrecker (or off these forums) would be cheap as shit, if not free.

it would take very little to get out from behind a computer, buy one of these things and actually make a start rather than spends weeks/months pissing around not getting anywhere.

the elitist experts (sic) on here probably got put off by the complete absence of actual progress. common, what would you expect when talk goes away from turbo 5m's, and to plain 5mge's, then the intricacies of a boost gauge? hello, wtf are you doing asking about installing a boost gauge when there isnt even an engine in your garage? first things first ffs Rolling Eyes

why stubbornly wait for someone else to make oil and coolant lines for you? if you were truly keen on getting things rolling, youd be at your local pirtek asking questions and learning about whats involved in designing and instaling lines yourself. youd drive over to daves, look at the engine, and talk to him in person. ask him what else could be needed, come back on the forums, ask more questions about specific parts etc etc.

^^^^^ THAT all indicates a keen eagerness to pursue a project, as opposed to an eager, but not really ready to do anything solid, project contemplation.

now i dont doubt that riley had every 'intention' of wanting to do something great with one of these engines. but common, gotta demonstrate a 'bit' active involvement.

hell, even when you were looking for 5mge's, some dude answered saying "i have one, its in the car, feel free to come see it run and go for a drive"... did you go riley? i doubt it. you just let him hang there... "oh yeah, keep me updated, im interested"

*shrugs*

i dont see how you could expect much else...

tht said, if you ever re-explored this idea, and really got your teeth stuck into it, we'd all still be here, ready to lend a hand, and share every bit og info we could to help get you going Smile

cheers mate
ed

PS - as for not liking mods? Twisted Evil
as if we need to go to events, pull each other's dicks, then crash our cars to be 'a part of the scene'...

[Updated on: Mon, 12 July 2004 16:02]

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: M-TEU information Mon, 12 July 2004 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guess thats the difference between "us" and the elitests. I know for sure that anyone one of us having the knowledge would go out of our way to help another out. For example one night a mate drove from bendigo to ballarat to help out another mate with some problem's on his car (problem car being in ballarat!!). Thats the things normal members do for one another.

Quote:

pull each other's dicks, then crash our cars to be 'a part of the scene'...

But but but....... i thought thats what the elitest's did?? Shocked
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: M-TEU information Mon, 12 July 2004 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok Joel what pigion hole do you stick me in elitests or "us"???

I offered to modify the MA61 sump and braze in the return pipe and that was all that was required to be modifyed, weeks went by.... months went by only thing that poped up was excuses.

anyway I dont really give a shit, disapointed yes - give a shit what other "members" think no (if i did i would of installed a 1jz long ago Razz )

Allan
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: M-TEU information Tue, 13 July 2004 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown wrote on Tue, 13 July 2004 01:21

From what i've read/herd it wasn't him that stuffed everyone around, in the end it was him that was stuffed around. If people had done what they'd said they would do none of this would be being said! (I know people are busy with work etc but still). He still has helpers to install etc and a place to do it.

After a 200 post thread (Rolling Eyes) about this very thing, Ryley expressed some interest in an MTEU I had. Over a 2 month period of regular PM discussion, $300 was the eventual agreed price. I provided my home number (PMed to him on one, possibly 2, separate occasions). The only things he needed were turbo oil feed and drain hoses. He could of course get them himself (just like anyone else would) yet asked me to source them for him. I suggested I could get prices for him but would want an up front payment for those items (I certainly didn't want to be paying for some oil lines I didn't need) but that it might take time (at least a week from memory) as I was pretty busy. At exactly the same time, he starts talking about a 5MGE. This generally reads as "not interested", "easily distracted" and "no idea what I actually want to do". There is one more PM about being "really interested" in the MTEU and some reference about not "wanting to stuff me around" Rolling Eyes . I didn't bother replying nor did I bother chasing up the oil line prices - my spare time is precious. I figured he'd changed his mind and moved on. The motor remains in the garage and I make a mental note to not deal with kids again. I forgot about it and moved on. Now I see this rubbish Mad.

The way I see it is like this: If you want the engine, you come and buy it. You don't come on here bad mouthing me 6 months later suggesting I stuffed people around. I didn't sell it to someone else, I didn't change the price (well I did actually - downwards - to help the guy out) nor did I receive any money for goods which subsequently were not delivered. I would suggest that the only person who got stuffed around was me. After significant electronic discussion about how one might do this and a lost sale to someone else (who subsequently went on to buy an MTEU for $1000 from a wrecker - ie a genuine buyer not some fucking tyre kicker - I told this guy I had sold the motor!) to still have this motor sitting in my garage and somehow suggest that I fucked people around is laughable.

Now you can see why I don't waste my time replying unless people have actually made a start.

Its pretty safe to say that the vic section here is a close group bar the "elitists" that are too good to show up to our meets/events.

The tables could be turned. You all rate yourselves as enthusiasts that enjoy modified cars (hopefully of any flavor). Think about it - modified cars all travelling at genuine high speed. Lots of engineering for you to ogle, plenty of fresh ideas, people happy to talk about their (seriously) modified cars. Yet I don't recall seeing any of you at a sprint despite Glenn or myself advertising each one that we would be at. You guys are still sitting in a carpark pulling your puds over the pod filter on the 22R or discussing the latest defect/drift damage/burnout/taxi block in you cretins did. I'm happy to not be part of that scene.

On this occasion, I am happy to be "1334".
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: M-TEU information Tue, 13 July 2004 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yikes Shocked

i didnt ask anyone to come on here and post anything in my support or anything, for starters-

to ed-

i can see your point, and i stand corrected. i should have made a more active involvement- hell, with the money there i could have driven to daves and picked up the motor, and i should of, considering how keen i was.

to dave and allan:

i should have been more productive. i should have come down to your place dave, got the mteu, went via allans and do the whole sump thing- instead of waiting for the turbo lines. hell, i could have spent the time it took dave to search/get oil lines pulling the mteu to bits, cleaning stuff up, learning how it all works. the 5mgte was just an idea- and after you said its not really worth it, as its more expensive if something goes bang, its more to fix and more hassle.

so here's my formal apology to you guys. i can see what i should have done, and regret i didn't do it, hell, i would have liked to have a turbo 5m by now Confused i had completely put all this behind me, and wasn't concerned... but i figure the concern wasn't really mine to be had, right?

i still appreciate all the help you offered and provided, and when i get more than $95 (speeding fine Mad ) to my name, thats when i will start to get serious about this kinda thing again.

so now ill just step back from toymods, and leave you guys all alone for a while. Very Happy

cheers
Ryley Surprised

[Updated on: Tue, 13 July 2004 03:39]

Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: M-TEU information Tue, 13 July 2004 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Tue, 13 July 2004 11:22

From what i've read/herd it wasn't him that stuffed everyone around, in the end it was him that was stuffed around. If people had done what they'd said they would do none of this would be being said! (I know people are busy with work etc but still). He still has helpers to install etc and a place to do it.

After a 200 post thread (Rolling Eyes) about this very thing, Ryley expressed some interest in an MTEU I had. Over a 2 month period of regular PM discussion, $300 was the eventual agreed price. I provided my home number (PMed to him on one, possibly 2, separate occasions). The only things he needed were turbo oil feed and drain hoses. He could of course get them himself (just like anyone else would) yet asked me to source them for him. I suggested I could get prices for him but would want an up front payment for those items (I certainly didn't want to be paying for some oil lines I didn't need) but that it might take time (at least a week from memory) as I was pretty busy. At exactly the same time, he starts talking about a 5MGE. This generally reads as "not interested", "easily distracted" and "no idea what I actually want to do". There is one more PM about being "really interested" in the MTEU and some reference about not "wanting to stuff me around" Rolling Eyes . I didn't bother replying nor did I bother chasing up the oil line prices - my spare time is precious. I figured he'd changed his mind and moved on. The motor remains in the garage and I make a mental note to not deal with kids again. I forgot about it and moved on. Now I see this rubbish Mad.

The way I see it is like this: If you want the engine, you come and buy it. You don't come on here bad mouthing me 6 months later suggesting I stuffed people around. I didn't sell it to someone else, I didn't change the price (well I did actually - downwards - to help the guy out) nor did I receive any money for goods which subsequently were not delivered. I would suggest that the only person who got stuffed around was me. After significant electronic discussion about how one might do this and a lost sale to someone else (who subsequently went on to buy an MTEU for $1000 from a wrecker - ie a genuine buyer not some fucking tyre kicker - I told this guy I had sold the motor!) to still have this motor sitting in my garage and somehow suggest that I fucked people around is laughable.

Now you can see why I don't waste my time replying unless people have actually made a start.

Its pretty safe to say that the vic section here is a close group bar the "elitists" that are too good to show up to our meets/events.

The tables could be turned. You all rate yourselves as enthusiasts that enjoy modified cars (hopefully of any flavor). Think about it - modified cars all travelling at genuine high speed. Lots of engineering for you to ogle, plenty of fresh ideas, people happy to talk about their (seriously) modified cars. Yet I don't recall seeing any of you at a sprint despite Glenn or myself advertising each one that we would be at. You guys are still sitting in a carpark pulling your puds over the pod filter on the 22R or discussing the latest defect/drift damage/burnout/taxi block in you cretins did. I'm happy to not be part of that scene.

On this occasion, I am happy to be "1334".

Love the avatar dave Smile
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: M-TEU information Tue, 13 July 2004 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not that sydney school chick again Evil or Very Mad
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: M-TEU information Tue, 13 July 2004 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan wrote on Tue, 13 July 2004 08:09

ok Joel what pigion hole do you stick me in elitests or "us"???

I offered to modify the MA61 sump and braze in the return pipe and that was all that was required to be modifyed, weeks went by.... months went by only thing that poped up was excuses.

anyway I dont really give a shit, disapointed yes - give a shit what other "members" think no (if i did i would of installed a 1jz long ago Razz )

Allan

Allan to be honest......... Elitest but i have respect for you cos you show up to the meets etc., and i respect your knowledge Smile

People that know me know i don't give a shit what people think (well to a point). If i cared what people said i probably wouldn't own an aw11 or be going to do a custom conversion that i keep getting told "wont work/waste of time"

As for the post whore shit....... like the "teh list is coming thread"........ its jokes and misc!!

As for the track thing, I intended of taking the mr2 onto the track. The fact that in my current position i can't afford the tyres/pads etc to drive it on the track. I choose to drive the way i do for this reason.

Allan: hahah you woulda liked the photo's of billy more Wink
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: M-TEU information Tue, 13 July 2004 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ReSpeECt tEh Allan Laughing
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: M-TEU information Thu, 15 July 2004 09:29 Go to previous message
FWIW, the Perth-based paper 'The Quokka' had an ad last week from a guy (I think I've met him) selling a complete 5ME -> 5MTE "kit", based on the MTEU bits for $600 ONO.

I have no interest or stake in this at all, I'm simply passing on info that may be of interest/use. I'm kinda busy atm and havn't read much of this thread - appologies in advance if this info is not useful or otherwise not a good thing to put here. Confused I actually cut the ad cuz I was a little interested in his advertised bonnet ($30) and interior parts.

[edit: holy crap! Shocked I just bothered to read the thread. Hey, if nothin else, use this as a pricing yardstick or something. Just leave me out of it! Razz ]

If anyone want's the guy's number, I have it here and can send it.

[Updated on: Thu, 15 July 2004 12:21]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Oil in a 5speed Supra Box??
Next Topic:2ZZGE in ae86? (etc)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 21 09:14:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0074939727783203 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.