Classifieds » Parts Wanted » black plastic/metal things for a ta22

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
black plastic/metal things for a ta22 Fri, 09 July 2004 00:19 Go to next message
i dont know wat they would be called but they are the the thing that gets screwed above the seals on the doors and below the windows.

i need a full set as i dont have any

info would be great

thanx
  Send a private message to this user    
alex_ta22
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: black plastic/metal things for a ta22 Sat, 10 July 2004 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sat, 10 July 2004 01:36]

alex_ta22
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: black plastic/metal things for a ta22 Sat, 10 July 2004 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrome stripping?
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: black plastic/metal things for a ta22 Sat, 10 July 2004 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

are you talking bout the chrome stripping on the outside of the door? you cant because you said BLACK.

are you talking bout the actual door moulds? the parts that screw into the top of the door jam on both sides?

are you talking bout the mould that sits on the door jam/shell but under the quarter window?

the only thing i can think of that your talking bout is the door mould, if that is the case then that i one whole piece from beginning to end. if your not then either more info or a photo of where it goes would be better
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: black plastic/metal things for a ta22 Sat, 10 July 2004 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its the bit that screws just under the top of the door on each side and on the front of the body under the rear window
its held on by 3 little screws
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: black plastic/metal things for a ta22 Sat, 10 July 2004 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you have just added confusion to an already confusing question... if the door was to connect to the rear window then the door wouldnt open!!! Confused

in respect to the door there are 2 BLACK THINGS that use 3 screws.
- the first one is a small U shaped mould that screws just under the quarter window on the actual shell

- the second one is the actual door mould. it too has a U shaped mould that requires 3 screws that goes on the door jam just under the rear part of the front windows. this mould is connected to the door mould that goes down, under and then back up the door which connects to another U shaped mould that requires 3 screws to connect to the door under the front part of the windows (this is ONE WHOLE MOULD)
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: black plastic/metal things for a ta22 Sat, 10 July 2004 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in respect to the door there are 2 BLACK THINGS that use 3 screws.
- the first one is a small U shaped mould that screws just under the quarter window on the actual shell

- the second one is the actual door mould. it too has a U shaped mould that requires 3 screws that goes on the door jam just under the rear part of the front windows. this mould is connected to the door mould that goes down, under and then back up the door which connects to another U shaped mould that requires 3 screws to connect to the door under the front part of the windows (this is ONE WHOLE MOULD)

i dont have ne thats y i couldnt describe the shape

this is exactly the pieces i mean

should these pieces come with the rubbers kit???(including the back ones)

[Updated on: Sat, 10 July 2004 08:08]

fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: black plastic/metal things for a ta22 Sat, 10 July 2004 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK SWEET... now to answer your last question

I DONT KNOW Confused

i am currently bout to look into buying those rubber door moulds from RARE SPARES. i dont know how they come or what they look like at this stage sorry.

where did you get your moulds from???

bout 4 yrs ago i used to buy the windscreen ones from toyota direct but im not sure if they make them anymore and recently i have been dealing with RARE SPARES in SYD. i got the quarter window moulds that go in the chrome part from there

if you are desperate and in a rush then cant help, but if you can wait a week or so then i would be more than happy to see what i can get from here, either toyota or RARE SPARES and let you know how i go... otherwise you can call them yourself Smile

look either way i want to know so i might call toyota on monday and see what they say and post it here for everyone, also ill have a chat to rare spares but like i said it might take me a week to get answers and post them
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: black plastic/metal things for a ta22 Sat, 10 July 2004 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im gettin all my stuff from rare spares ($1100 for a full rubers kit)

all the people at toyota near me are avoiding me because ive got an import engine in my car so they dont wanna help me

thanx for ur help neways
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: black plastic/metal things for a ta22 Sat, 10 July 2004 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats the exact same kit im talking bout from them too...

hey if you get it can you let me know if it does come with those parts or not? i would really appreciate the info!!!!!!!!

when are you getting them?
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: black plastic/metal things for a ta22 Sat, 10 July 2004 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asap

its just a matter of gettin the money together cause ive gotta buy a pair of brand new bumpers aswell($600)

il let u know if i get them before u
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: black plastic/metal things for a ta22 Sun, 11 July 2004 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are new bumpers from toyota only 300 each?
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: black plastic/metal things for a ta22 Sun, 11 July 2004 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
one is about 280 the other is 300, i dont know where dads gettin them from though
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: black plastic/metal things for a ta22 Sun, 11 July 2004 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd like to know how your gonna get the bumpers now that the old part numbers have been scrapped off the system.
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: black plastic/metal things for a ta22 Sun, 11 July 2004 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think he said he was gettin them from a smash repair place
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: black plastic/metal things for a ta22 Sun, 11 July 2004 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys firstly DO NOT QUOTE ME on this PLEASE

BUT

apparently you can get the bars brand new from japan @ $600 each delivered Confused

OR

there is a place in SYD that can get them brand new @ $300 each, though the only problem is that i am not sure oif they are bent! what do you mean by BENT you ask... well bout 4-5 years ago i came across these brand new bars (front bar), they were awsome in every respect but one... they were completely straight, ie, they didnt have the bend in the middle of the bar... what i ended up doing though is getting my beater to bend it... quite simply he put cloth on the floor, the bar on the cloth and with a piece of wood in the middle of the bar he hit it till it bent enough to fit on Very Happy

NOW

as for the japan ones i do not know for sure but i was told this a couple years ago and with the number of front end hits i have i didnt bother getting them or looking into it and at $600 i could but 5 bars from celicaspares... as for the ones in SYD i got these prices from a BAR book that my mate (panel beater) got 3months ago

SO

as for the ones in japan... SCREW THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
as for the ones in SYD... will get back to everyone just give me a few days to find out
mr spears
Regular

May 2002
Re: black plastic/metal things for a ta22 Mon, 12 July 2004 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you want perfect bumpers there is a place in sydney that always advertises in the tading post for bumper repairs etc, when i rang them ages ago they said about $300 exchange.... only prob is they dont always have them but if youve got a crap one or can get one cheap then you're set.
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: black plastic/metal things for a ta22 Mon, 12 July 2004 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what if i have more than one bar to trade? do i get it evebn cheaper? do you still have their num?
mr spears
Regular

May 2002
Re: black plastic/metal things for a ta22 Mon, 12 July 2004 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im pretty sure this is the guys i called

Bumper bars repaired, restored and re-chromed plus all car parts, copper based chrome, All Metal Bumpers INGLEBURN 0438-76 5097 or 0438-765098

then theres these guys

BUMPER BARS (CHROME) Largest range of exchange bars in Australia, established 40 years, restoration of car parts, large discount on slow moving bars, Bumpers Australia Pty Ltd CANBERRA 02-6280 4242 or SYDNEY 02-46483577

and lastly

Bumper bars, all plastic and chrome bars, repair or exchange plus repairs on all plastic parts, Plasti Weld REVESBY 02-9773 7711

knock youself out!
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: black plastic/metal things for a ta22 Tue, 13 July 2004 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SWEEEEEEEEET thanks mate
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: black plastic/metal things for a ta22 & bumber bars Wed, 14 July 2004 08:17 Go to previous message
OK i found the place i was talking bout, i actually have the whole book with me...

they are:-

Everlast Automotive Group of Australia
36 Lancaster St
Ingleburn SYD
1300 665 987 - 02 9605 9977

the only thing is that it states that this is a TRADE catalogu and therefore i believe you need a traders licence for he prices quoted...

they are exchange @ $280 then add GST, ie, $308 inc GST... they have everything from TA22 onwards in catalogue but i guess you would have to call for definates, add is for NEW GENUINE, AFTERMARKET, REINFORCEMENTS, REPAIRS, RESTORATIONS AND CHROMING

hope this helps everyone out there... will call them tomorrow and get definates and post up here
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ta22 gt front spoiler
Next Topic:WTB!!!!!!!rwd intake manifold - 4age
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 10 01:37:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0077881813049316 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.