Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong.....

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

icon5.gif  Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong..... Sun, 29 February 2004 09:02 Go to next message
Hey all

my friend has an FX-GT (import) and when u do over 100kays u get a ding dong sound, just like takumis trueno in initial d.

ppl with aw11 mr2s would know the sound aswell.

i was wondering if anyone knew how to remove it, although its kewl to hear around town, on a long cruise its SO ANNOYING

anyone?
  Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong..... Sun, 29 February 2004 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow, i can't believe you had to ask a forum of hundreds of people to work it out.. Rolling Eyes

find source of sound, put screwdriver through it..

KEWL!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil

Cya, Stewart
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong..... Sun, 29 February 2004 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its the damn speed alert alarm

screwdriver method will work
or just get behind the dash and cut the wires

Smile
JDM hachi
Regular

February 2003
Re: Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong..... Sun, 29 February 2004 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my speed alert has a plug about 10cm away from the actual chime, just unplug it, or if you like the sound arround town, put a switch on it, my chime will start it's ding-dong routine at 105k/h, on my levin its located under the centre console, but iv'e seen the things burried under dashboards also.
matty.
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong..... Sun, 29 February 2004 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wouldn't your fully sick kewl system drown the sound out? Laughing
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong..... Sun, 29 February 2004 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Before you fuck the speaker up, make sure its not the same speaker that beeps if you leave your lights on, coz you dont want to drain the battery accidently
midnight
Regular

November 2003
Re: Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong..... Mon, 01 March 2004 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you dont want it, send it this way, my aw11 doesnt have one Crying or Very Sad ...
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong..... Mon, 01 March 2004 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont chew me up oldcorollas, its not my car fewl!

otherwise id be in there quick smart to have a look around...

thanks guys
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong..... Mon, 01 March 2004 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, I guessed by your topic title this was the problem. I just discovered my import landcruiser has the same thing, going up the freeway the other day, crapped myself when i first heard it. Mine is definitely going to get the screwdriver, im pretty sure mine is around the clock, cause my clock has an alarm and stopwatch which make the same noise Smile
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong..... Tue, 02 March 2004 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate just wired a switch inline with it on his GZ20 Smile
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong..... Wed, 07 July 2004 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

These chimes have been around for some time. I got a 1973 import Celica and it has the same chimes.

Frightened the shit outta me the first time I heard it. Whenever my wife hears it, she knows I'm speeding. I'd disconnect it, but I don't drive at 110k (when it comes on) much - and being an import and a classic, the last thing I'd do is break it. A switch is a much better idea than busting something.

So, tell me.... does your import have one of those hazard switches that rotates to allow "night parking" lights to come on. You can select either the left or the right or both sides. That caused me angst for a day or two until I figured out what was happening Smile

seeyuzz
river
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong..... Thu, 08 July 2004 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Thu, 08 July 2004 08:57

Hi,

These chimes have been around for some time. I got a 1973 import Celica and it has the same chimes.

Frightened the shit outta me the first time I heard it. Whenever my wife hears it, she knows I'm speeding. I'd disconnect it, but I don't drive at 110k (when it comes on) much - and being an import and a classic, the last thing I'd do is break it. A switch is a much better idea than busting something.

So, tell me.... does your import have one of those hazard switches that rotates to allow "night parking" lights to come on. You can select either the left or the right or both sides. That caused me angst for a day or two until I figured out what was happening Smile

seeyuzz
river

Shocked Surprised
Damn river, I've gotta have a real close look at all the goodies on that car. 1973 model has more features than a 2003 holden Razz
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong..... Thu, 08 July 2004 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I completely pulled my dash apart looking for the ding dong but it wasnt there, I eventually found it near my steering column. I also smashed the one in my clock, but it wasnt it's fault. I ended up hooking my ding dong up to my shiftlight so when id hit whatever rpm id get a light and sound to change gears. Was only fun for a little while Smile
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong..... Thu, 08 July 2004 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My landy also has a switch for those "night parking" lights
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong..... Thu, 08 July 2004 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skip wrote on Thu, 08 July 2004 11:42

I completely pulled my dash apart looking for the ding dong but it wasnt there, I eventually found it near my steering column. I also smashed the one in my clock, but it wasnt it's fault. I ended up hooking my ding dong up to my shiftlight so when id hit whatever rpm id get a light and sound to change gears. Was only fun for a little while Smile

I like that idea!

pity I have an auto Razz
gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong..... Thu, 08 July 2004 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on the aw11 the are mounted on the back of the guage cluster

i removed mine but eventually when im bored im gonna hook it up with a switch, they are usefull around town

reaaly anoying on long trips on 110kmh roads, with the ttops off and the windows down it sorta drained the noise out hehehe

Phill
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong..... Thu, 08 July 2004 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Quote:

Damn river, I've gotta have a real close look at all the goodies on that car. 1973 model has more features than a 2003 holden Razz

Dunno about that. I ain't go no ABS... got no retractable seatbelts... got no poofy cup holders... got no digital electronics... got no girly mirror for chick passengers to check their lippy.. got no lazy-ass electronic rear vision mirror adjuster... got no nancy-boy active suspension...

But hey, next Toymods meeting come along and have a squiz for yourself.

seeyuzz
river
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong..... Thu, 08 July 2004 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Plus in the Holden you can ADJUST when the speed alarm goes off! Evil or Very Mad
toynado
Regular

May 2004
Re: Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong..... Fri, 09 July 2004 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd switch the module for one that plays the speed racer theme

'go speed racer, gOOOOOOOOOOOO'
Laughing Laughing Laughing Embarassed
Shocked Shocked

hope someone's actually seen this silly cartoon
duzn't he say sumthin like
'racing is the savior of humanity!'
no?
he's not that adept yet...
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong..... Fri, 09 July 2004 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gearbox, can you pls explain how to disable the AW11 chime. I dont want to break my beautiful dash.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong..... Sat, 10 July 2004 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go go speed, go go go go speed, go go go go speed, go go go speed GOOOOOOOO! Laughing Laughing

"oh speed ur REALLY FAAST!!"

kewl cartoon
gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong..... Sat, 10 July 2004 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Sat, 10 July 2004 06:16

gearbox, can you pls explain how to disable the AW11 chime. I dont want to break my beautiful dash.

ummmm, neither did i, toyota dashes can be a pain when you have never pulled one apart

You gotta pull the plastic underneath the dash, the plastic around the cluster with the headlight switches and all, they are all got plugs you can unplug em

umm, you have to take the top plastic bit off, i think when u undo the platic around the cluster, some of the screws are screwed into the top bit, so it allows u to slide it forward. then the metal bit that holds the top plastic has to come off, thats 2 bolts holding that, then u have 2 or 3 plugs going to the back of the cluster + a speedo cable.

Once u have the cluster out its just screwed to the back with 2 wires screwed to the cluster, just remove it and stick the screws back

Ive got photos i took of the cluster but they are missing

i am officially teh crappest how to person writer, i used a bit of help from my BGB thing too hehe

Phill
gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong..... Sat, 10 July 2004 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh btw, before you pull it off can you take a few pics of where its screwed to Wink

I originally took the pics so i knew where it hooked up for when i put a switch on it Razz

i have since lost em Sad
toynado
Regular

May 2004
Re: Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong..... Sat, 10 July 2004 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
'WARNING ! WARNING WILL ROBINSON !!!

you hav exceeded the land speed capability of this vehicle
you will now launch into space if you didn't install the prescribed 10 foot wide 10 foot high rally wings,
please engage inside oxygen enrichment circuit'

or slow down u clown
Laughing Laughing Laughing

ps. Avon Calling
Matt M
Regular

January 2005
Re: Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong..... Sun, 27 March 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i own a 1987 GZ20 soarer and i drove it back from melbourne to the sunshine coast with that friggin ding dong ding dong the whole way. after much rootin around i found the offending unit on the back of the dash instrument cluster. when you remove the dash and looking at the rear of the unit it is a small steel box in the upper right corner... simply unscrew it and replace the screws back in the holes... problem solved and 104kl/hr speeds are blissfully quieter
cheers guys
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong..... Sun, 27 March 2005 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toynado wrote on Sun, 11 July 2004 04:19

you will now launch into space if you didn't install the prescribed 10 foot wide 10 foot high rally wings,

or slow down u clown

ps. Avon Calling

ROFL!!!!! Laughing

EDIT: my bad...

[Updated on: Sun, 27 March 2005 12:36]

takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong..... Sun, 27 March 2005 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phrostbyte wrote on Sun, 27 March 2005 13:34

or slow down u clown

ps. Avon Calling

ROFL!!!!! Laughing

and dont bag initial d people, one of the best anime series ever, people watch it because its a good series, not because theres a trueno in it Razz

What crack are you on? I cant even find an InitialD reference.
Put down the crack pipe and walk away slowly.
hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong..... Sun, 27 March 2005 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
takai wrote on Sun, 27 March 2005 14:34

Phrostbyte wrote on Sun, 27 March 2005 13:34

or slow down u clown

ps. Avon Calling

ROFL!!!!! Laughing

and dont bag initial d people, one of the best anime series ever, people watch it because its a good series, not because theres a trueno in it Razz

What crack are you on? I cant even find an InitialD reference.
Put down the crack pipe and walk away slowly.

Arch wrote on Sun, 29 February 2004 20:02

Hey all

my friend has an FX-GT (import) and when u do over 100kays u get a ding dong sound, just like takumis trueno in initial d.

there's your initial D reference... doesn't mean you can pick up the crack pipe again but...Razz
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong..... Sun, 27 March 2005 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my bad hahaha, i must read more carefully Razz
Kyosho
Regular

November 2004
Re: Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong..... Sun, 27 March 2005 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does the MA70 have one of these speed alerts?
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong..... Sun, 27 March 2005 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mate you will find this unit located behind the Speedometer assembly ( DASH ) you can just unscrew the earth and put the screw back in. Of course after you have removed the dash assem Smile

http://www.synthetic-engine-oils.com/z20/speed.JPG

Hey all

i was wondering if anyone knew how to remove it, although its kewl to hear around town, on a long cruise its SO ANNOYING

anyone?

Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong..... Sun, 27 March 2005 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahaha not intended at that, i read "silly cartoon" up there a bit, hence the comment, didnt read enough to notice he was talking about a different cartoon Razz

the crack pipe stays down Very Happy
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong..... Mon, 28 March 2005 01:03 Go to previous message
1200det wrote on Sun, 27 March 2005 22:53

hey mate you will find this unit located behind the Speedometer assembly ( DASH ) you can just unscrew the earth and put the screw back in. Of course after you have removed the dash assem Smile

http://www.synthetic-engine-oils.com/z20/speed.JPG

Hey all

anyone?

i wonder if anyone have ever gone to their local toyota dealer and wanted to buy one of these as spare parts.. "yeah my annoying speed dinger thing has died and i actually want to replace it"
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4a gze guru's
Next Topic:Targa Tas Tech Regs Suspension Q's.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 13:14:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065310001373291 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.