Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Bloody Tyre Choice Tue, 06 July 2004 10:27 Go to next message
OK I hope everybody has noticed it, because I sure have. I reckon each week or so a thread will appear somewhere about "Ummmm ummm what bloody tyres are good derrr". SERIOUSLY I see it so many times in Tech&Con, in General even inside other threads, and yes I'm writing this because another one has appeared. And we all know its not hard to click Search is it, then why do things like this constantly re-occur, and why is it that people aren't getting the message, especially the Noobs.
Anyway I never bitch about things, but I thought I might point a problem out.
Cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
DavGT4
Regular

I supported Toymods
Toymods Special Events Coordinator

March 2003
Re: Bloody Tyre Choice Tue, 06 July 2004 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude... we can all understand that it gets monotonous with the same questions being asked over again, but some users are unaware of the search feature (I once did the same thing when I first hit the forums). Therefore, we all have two choices... if you're feeling helpful, reply advising them to use the search feature (it could very well give them all the answers and more without having to wait for reply posts), or just ignore the entire post - if the post doesn't interest you, then don't worry about it, easy Very Happy

That is all,
Dav

[Updated on: Tue, 06 July 2004 22:19]

SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Bloody Tyre Choice Wed, 07 July 2004 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, point made. But my fingers get tired at times typing "use search" and if not then my eyes looking at the posts. JK Laughing

I understand why some Noobs do it because they are unaware to use the search tab, as we all were Noobs at some time, thats why it needs to be stressed to use something that is there for our benefit!! I have also noticed people are lazy and common sense doesn't come easily for some, after being a unofficial member for some time you realise how you should maybe behave in a forum, especially one that is as exclusive as this one, yet some just don't show enough respect at times. Though we all make mistakes at times.
DavGT4
Regular

I supported Toymods
Toymods Special Events Coordinator

March 2003
Re: Bloody Tyre Choice Fri, 09 July 2004 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The joys of being involved with a national forum Very Happy
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Bloody Tyre Choice Mon, 12 July 2004 06:03 Go to previous message
LOL Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:The old forums
Next Topic:Question about placing commerical ads in here!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 21 10:24:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0037319660186768 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.