Toymods » Tech & Conversions » * UZX73 * It Lives again

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Getting There... Thu, 29 April 2004 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He must have got a job with ASIO, lucky dude. Red's under my bed, Leb's selling me hot mobile phones, you know ! (J/K).
Laughing Laughing Laughing
I am planning to use Martin Sims as my engineer in Perth, I have not sppken to him for a while, but when I do and its worthwhile passing on, I will do that.
Mitch.
  Send a private message to this user    
onejayzed
Regular

September 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Getting There... Thu, 29 April 2004 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who works for ASIO? Confused what?

if Jack ends up costing me too much - which no doubt he will as i'm up to $300 and he hasn't even written the report or done a braking test yet - i might try that bloke.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Getting There... Sun, 02 May 2004 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, the box is pretty much designed, just gotta be tidied up.

Will do another test in the upcoming week, hopefully we can get some idle this time!!

Will keep y'all updated
onejayzed
Regular

September 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Getting There... Tue, 04 May 2004 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, please do mate. i was in touch with Alan on the weekend and he sounds HELL busy, with the house building and all.
i would be keen to buy one of those switching devices so keep us updated.
apparently the grounding rings don't work or something...?
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Getting There... Tue, 04 May 2004 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you know your "master tuner" rang Dick a little while ago asking about prices etc. I think he was ready to give up.

I was talking to Dick, and he might be interested in a group buy as it makes it worth while to build them. I think the figure he was thinking about would be 5 sets for $300 each.

Of course then you'd have to find a couple of V8 ignition modules and wire it up.

Something to think about.
onejayzed
Regular

September 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Getting There... Tue, 04 May 2004 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he's pretty busy. and i don't appreciate the sarcasm.
Alan's a great bloke going to great lengths to develop his own kit, he was prob trying to get one just to get the things running and then work backwards - more of a stopgap than a solution.
but thanks for the info.
still, i'm glad i waited 6 months, as they're now half price Laughing Laughing
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Getting There... Tue, 04 May 2004 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wasn't talking to you. Was talking to CruZsida.

As for half the price - no, sorry if you want one it'll still cost $600. If you want 5 they'll be $300 each. Its not worth making just one for $300. Maybe he might make a batch of them and sell them at a lower price, but so far everyone is trying to make their own kit.

No one understands the amount of time and effort (and Smiley $$ that goes into making it work until they're finished.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Getting There... Tue, 04 May 2004 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, the grounding rings were a fucked idea, and had I thought seriously about it earlier, I woulda realised it.

I'll draw a diagram later, but I cbf right now.

Pete, onejayzed and I have the same tuner btw, so any comment you direct at me about Alan (the tuner) can also be directed at him, thats why he got narky.

Anyway, petty squabling aside, Alan isn't an auto eletrician, he is a tuner. He couldn't build one of these devices, or even conceive the idea of one because he has had no training in that area.

It takes years of study to learn how to create circuits from stratch, and be able to splice them into existing systems. I know this coz I have studied it for a few years, but took a different path towards the end to study high voltage, not low/extremely low voltage.

I do know of the time dick would have spent building and testing the module. The guy building mine has already spent a good 6 hours around the car, with his CRO, DMM, AMM and such, as well as many hours designing the circuit itself. He has basically built our own ignition module, that goes between the camira ignition module and the coils.

Time will tell if it works, and we should be able to test it later this week. But our tuner leave for a 2-3 week holiday tomoz (wednesday), and I fly up north sometime in the next few weeks, so it could be up to 5 weeks before anything happens.

But it will happen (hopefully)

And Pete, it would be a bitch for me to use dicks box, coz I have stripped all unneeded wires from the harness (ie, I only have one cam sensor in, and I only reinstalled that on saturday) and I have removed 8 of the 12 teeth on the crank angle sensor (as has onejayzed), so I would have to source a few parts before dicks box would work. But yes, it is the last option, that we KNOW will allow the motor to work.

The main reason Alan is wanting to stay away from it is because of the extra cost. You take the cost of converting to Delco (minimum 100, up to maybe 300 in parts), then you add the Kalmaker ECU if you want to tune it yourself (1100) and then you add dicks box (600) you have spent around 2000 in parts, and thats if you wire it yourself. Add a good 500 or so for a professional to do it, and then you almost start talking MoTeC costs, and you are definately talking Autronic costs. Now, you try to convince the average joe that the 15+ year old Delco system is better/as good as the 2004 Autronic for the same cost and you will have an uphill battle on your hands.

Just thinking from Alan's point of view there.

I shall keep y'all informed of my progress

Toodles for now
onejayzed
Regular

September 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Getting There... Wed, 05 May 2004 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HKSPete wrote on Tue, 04 May 2004 21:07

Wasn't talking to you. Was talking to CruZsida.

As for half the price - no, sorry if you want one it'll still cost $600. If you want 5 they'll be $300 each. Its not worth making just one for $300. Maybe he might make a batch of them and sell them at a lower price, but so far everyone is trying to make their own kit.

No one understands the amount of time and effort (and Smiley $$ that goes into making it work until they're finished.

what CrUZ said ^^^^ regarding Alan.

and i'm thinking i know of 5 people incl. myself who would use such a device, hence my cost would be halved as well Very Happy and i'm sure Alan would love to get a hold of a few for some of the conversions he's got coming his way.

don't get me wrong HKSPete, i understand how much time something like that woudl take, but to me, $600 is a little steep for such a device. then again, i do shop at IKEA so i'm kinda a whinger about price everywhere i go... Laughing
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Getting There... Wed, 05 May 2004 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Wed, 05 May 2004 00:05

I do know of the time dick would have spent building and testing the module. The guy building mine has already spent a good 6 hours around the car, with his CRO, DMM, AMM and such, as well as many hours designing the circuit itself. He has basically built our own ignition module, that goes between the camira ignition module and the coils.

If this device is for between the delco and the coils you may be able to do it in a short time. And you can used a cut up crank trigger.

As for spending 6 hours with his stuff around the car, that is still about 34 hours short of what dick spent. Honestly dick spent about 4 weeks STRAIGHT on it, with my car at his workshop and with constantly improving his device. Still I re-iterate I don't believe anyone knows how much time is needed until its done.

I really hope your car is running soon, with the amount of work you've put in it'd be a nice reward!
MaxPower
Newcomer

May 2004
Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Getting There... Wed, 26 May 2004 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Iam basically in the same boat as u at the moment CrUZsida, in terms of ignition.

U were saying that Alan wasnt sure about the circuit he was designing would be able to switch fast enough, well i had thought the same thing with the one iam building for my conversion and after a few calculations i found that the ignition isnt firing all that fast. There is about 1.6ms between each spark signal @ 9000rpm, the microcontroller iam using has 1us instructions so it can do heaps off calculations between switching dizzies, id say Alan has nothing to worry about if his design is similar to what iam doing.

I have a few questions for u if u dont mind:
1) what are u using for the IAC?? It looks like the Toyota one can be used on the Delco but i dont wanna blow it or the ECU up trying!
2) Are u still using the Toyota crank sensor? If so, does this work fine with a camira ignition module??

Hope you are having as much fun with the Delco as Iam Razz
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Getting There... Wed, 26 May 2004 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ha!

I've had my fun with the Delco, and now I am ready to move on.

Yes the IAC works fine (I think, it seems to operate fine)
Yes the Toyota CAS works fine, as do the cam ones.

My box is pretty much built, and seems to be working, but I think I need a set of clean plugs to get her running.

I will know soon
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Getting There... Wed, 26 May 2004 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How did you wire the IAC up? I had to make another module to control mine, as the delco has a two coil setup where the toyota one is 4 coil (to my understanding). I still havn't put the module on though, so can't say its working.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Getting There... Wed, 26 May 2004 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wired it up via this diagram.

As I said, I'm not sure if its working, but if you bridge the ALDL connector, it buzzes, and if you try and push it open, it pushes itself closed again, which is what I believe should happen

EDIT: That B+ for the IACV I havent hooked up.

PIC OF HOW TO WIRE UP A DELCO TO AN UZ
http://www.conceptual.net.au/~peewee/1uz_ecu_delco .gif

[Updated on: Mon, 21 March 2005 04:32]

KDog
Regular

July 2002
Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Getting There... Wed, 26 May 2004 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nor should the B+ be hooked up.
Also I assume that the injectors and ignition module receive +12Volts from somewhere?????
If the crank sensor output isn't compatible with the ignition you can buy a hall output sensor from honeywell and install it or make up a board to change the inductive signal into a square wave. The LM2917 which should be available from Jaycar or Dksmith should be OK to use.

[Updated on: Wed, 26 May 2004 22:52]

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Getting There... Wed, 26 May 2004 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Correct KDog, it shouldn't be.

That was a drawing I did before I even started wiring her up.
And yes, there should be +12V IGN at the back of the injectors, and to the IGN module, as well as the outercasing of the IGN module should be grounded. (That caused 2 weeks of delays, grrrrr)

I do intend to update the drawing, but eh, I CBF.

Oh, and the Toyota CAS is compatible, perfectly compatible.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Getting There... Sun, 30 May 2004 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, I got her running again today.

Put an old set of commodore v8 spark plugs (same model number(ish)), put a different fuel chip in there, and she fired straight up.

Idled for about 5 mins too, then the spark plugs fouled coz she is running WAY UBER rich.

Hopefully try and get the fucker tuned in the next day or so...
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Getting There... Tue, 01 June 2004 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok ppls, get your thinking caps on.

(when it goes all dark, its me flipping the TB with my hand, maybe turn up the brightness)

http://www.conceptual.net.au/~peewee/uz.avi

EDIT: Oh, and I'm asking you why the fuck this is happening

[Updated on: Mon, 21 March 2005 04:34]

gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Getting There... Tue, 01 June 2004 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://members.westnet.com.au/explicit/images/cantsee.jpg
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Getting There... Tue, 01 June 2004 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"Help MEEEEEE!!! I'm Drowning!!!!" i think is what your looking at there
rick_o
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Getting There... Wed, 02 June 2004 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Couldn't open it?

Sounds interesting, though.

FWIW, I've been following this thread for yonks, but have only been registered recently.

I certainly admire your grit in this project; many others would have given up by now, including probably me Smile
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Getting There... Wed, 02 June 2004 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, Sorry guys

I didnt realise just how bad the film was.
When I compressed it from the camera (4.5meg) down to DivX5 it lost a huge amount of quality, and all the brightness.

You can see what I'm doing in the original though.

I'll try and push the car out into the light and do it again today.

But this is a quick story.

I have 3 map chips to choose.
One uses a standard commodore fuel/timing map but set for 4.0L or air.
One uses the same map but with a 25% reduction in injector rate.
The last uses the same map but with the 25% reduction and timing reference angle moved by 20 deg.

Now, she just WONT run at all on any of the reduced fuel chips, but will run on the first chip, but runs EXTREMELY rich (as you can see by the amount of smoke at the end of the clip) and the plugs will foul up after a few mins of running.

Sooooo wierd.

And everytime I get the tuner over with the programmable ECU, we just can't get it to run to bring up the stats on the screen.
Its sooooo annoying, and driving me (and him) insane.

Oh well.

Heres hoping I can try again today.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Getting There... Wed, 02 June 2004 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We started mine on the V8 "brock" chip. Started first time, and idled (@700rpm), gotta love the 1UZ. Then started the process of pulling fuel out & increasing the timing something stupid.

If your getting really frustrated you might be able to buy my chip from Dick. Even though your ignition is different, if its setup properly (inputs from the engine and outputs to the engine are the same) then it'll work great. Only problem is I'm sure my fuel pressure would be different as I've got a BIG fuel pump, and a kink in the return line. Thats why I'm using only 66% duty. So then you'd have to tune it again anyway ... Ahh well, there goes that idea.
onejayzed
Regular

September 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Getting There... Wed, 02 June 2004 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so is Alan back from Broome yet?

i want my crank trigger sensor back, engine is going in for the last time this week and it'll be a bitch to get at otherwise.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Getting There... Wed, 02 June 2004 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, he's back

But the CAS is easy to put in with a motor in there.
Piss easy infact.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Getting There... Wed, 02 June 2004 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HKSPete wrote on Wed, 02 June 2004 09:43

If your getting really frustrated you might be able to buy my chip from Dick. Even though your ignition is different, if its setup properly (inputs from the engine and outputs to the engine are the same) then it'll work great. Only problem is I'm sure my fuel pressure would be different as I've got a BIG fuel pump, and a kink in the return line. Thats why I'm using only 66% duty. So then you'd have to tune it again anyway ... Ahh well, there goes that idea.

That may be an option Pete, but I fly back up tomorrow, and so we'll have to wait 3 weeks before I'm back to try again.
And FYI, the fuel pressure is controlled by the fuel pressure regulator, not the pump, but as you said, you have a kink in the return line, which would increase the pressure.

We'll sort it out upon my return.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Getting There... Thu, 03 June 2004 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reason I put in the pump change is you won't (IMHO) get that fuel pressure from a stock pump. Even if you changed the FPR.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Getting There... Thu, 03 June 2004 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HKSPete wrote on Thu, 03 June 2004 10:36

Reason I put in the pump change is you won't (IMHO) get that fuel pressure from a stock pump. Even if you changed the FPR.

The stock 5mge is at 250kpa, and the 1uzfe is at 290kpa.

I would have thought that this increase would have been easily covered by the stock pump
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Getting There... Thu, 03 June 2004 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, I should've been more specific. I was talking about the pressure I'm running in mine, which is a lot higher not sure what it is exactly, would be ineteresting to find out.

I wasn't comparing 5M to 1U pumps.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Getting There... Sat, 05 June 2004 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, I've had a big think abuot this not running shit, and I have come up with a possible scenario.

I have an 8cyl tacho wired in, straight up to the +ve and -ve coil outputs from the ignition module.

Now, when I start her up, the tacho sits on 4000rpm.
I never though much of this before because of the twin coils, and the black box we have built, so I didnt expect the tacho to work correctly.

Now, what if the ignition module WAS pulsing at 4000rpm.
Then wouldn't the ECU be getting a signal that the motor was spinning at 4000rpm, and hence be pouring in the fuel, not wanting to rev, etc etc etc.

But this leads to the question, where is it possible that my wiring has gotten all fucked up. I can't think of any place in the system that would cause this to occur.

But it does explain a lot.

When I get home (in 3 weeks), I will start her up, and put a tacho on one of the coils, and see how often they are pulsing.

Maybe, just maybe I have sorted this out.
But there is always the possibility that its just plain to rich.

Thoughts Gents (and/or ladies)?
MaxPower
Newcomer

May 2004
Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Getting There... Sun, 06 June 2004 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well the tacho is connected ok, if u put it after the black box it will read half the RPM, but where u have it it will see every pulse going to each coil. Another reason it may not work is the tacho may not be compatable with this type of ignition system or it is set to 4cyl mode.

Best way to tell if it is trying to run at 4000rpm is to hook up Kalmaker or an ALDL reader and see what the ECU *thinks* its running at. Plus u can see what the other sensors are doing. If it was trying to run at 4000rpm when in reality only doing say 1000rpm i would expect a fair bit of backfiring from cross spark.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Getting There... Sun, 06 June 2004 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, it would help if I had an ALDL reader, or a Kalmaker set up, but I don't.

And yes, the tacho is compatible.
If a tacho isnt compatible with a standard commmodore ignition system, then something is wrong.

And I did set it to 4cyl, but it went up to 8000 rpm (as you'd expect)

I'll just have to wait until Alan and I can try it again.
MaxPower
Newcomer

May 2004
Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Getting There... Mon, 07 June 2004 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If u have a laptop get WinALDL - its free. Cable is easy as to make. Ive got it all if ya wanna try it when ya get back??

I have seen tacho's that arnt compatable with the holden ignition system, i think the one you have should be though - autometer one yeah??

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Getting There... Mon, 07 June 2004 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WinALDL hey?
I might have to look into that.

And yeah, its an Autometer
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Not Getting Anywhere... Wed, 09 June 2004 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok

I've come to the conclusion that she is firing to often.

ie, the ecu thinks the motor is doing 4000rpm, when she is actually doing 1000rpm (or what-have-you)

Now, how the fuck this has happened, and how the fuck I can fix it remain a mystery.

All I can think of is that the ECU or the Ignition Module are faulty, so I can swap them for ones that work.
But besides those 2 items I have no idea.

Unless the CAS has got interference from somewhere, I am all out of ideas.

Any help?
MaxPower
Newcomer

May 2004
Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Not Getting Anywhere... Fri, 11 June 2004 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How did u wire up the CAS to the ignition module?? U should use sheilded, twin core cable with the sheild connected to ground at only the module end. Iam using microphone/audio cable. The only way to be certain this is what is happening is to use Kalmaker or WinALDL, that way u know what the computer is doing, dont believe the tacho! But it would however explain why the thing is running like a POS.

Also the dizzy switching circuit is not as easy as it first appears to be. After looking into it a bit more there are a few things i have overlooked, not sure how u have it setup but mine would have worked but given a very average spark output.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Not Getting Anywhere... Fri, 11 June 2004 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The CAS is using the original wiring, so it should be nicely sheilded.
But there is every chance that the earth isnt connected, and its fucked.

Its something that I will have to work out later.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Not Getting Anywhere... Thu, 17 June 2004 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Due to renewed interest, I will have this running and driving next week
I get home on friday, and I will know by friday arvo if its happening.

Will keep you posted
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Not Getting Anywhere... Thu, 17 June 2004 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been following this silently, and I gotta say, you are nothing if not persistent and should be majorly congratulated !!!

I hope that all of your efforts give you the staisfaction that you deserve Cool

Cheers

Michael B
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Not Getting Anywhere... Fri, 18 June 2004 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Fri, 18 June 2004 07:59

I've been following this silently, and I gotta say, you are nothing if not persistent and should be majorly congratulated !!!

The fact that I have been home 3 days in the last 5 weeks hasnt helped either!!
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Not Getting Anywhere... Fri, 18 June 2004 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peewee,
I am cheering for you too mate. I wish I knew something about this so I could help you, but anyway - powah of positive thinking or something ! Very Happy
Cheers,
Mitch.
(The guy who grabbed the Supra rear rotors from you).

[Updated on: Fri, 18 June 2004 00:05]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Not Getting Anywhere... Fri, 18 June 2004 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He knows who ya are Mitch Smile I'll be there with bells on Friday midday after my exam Peewee...expect some 1G assistance though Wink
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Not Getting Anywhere... Fri, 18 June 2004 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Fri, 18 June 2004 09:47

Peewee...expect some 1G assistance though Wink

Yeah, I know, but when...
My next RnR looks like it may be rescheduled to 30th July, not 23rd.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Not Getting Anywhere... Fri, 18 June 2004 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THATS GAY! I'm gonna need your help on the 28th then! You can drive me to the workshop in your car Wink
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Not Getting Anywhere... Fri, 18 June 2004 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Fri, 18 June 2004 10:03

THATS GAY! I'm gonna need your help on the 28th then! You can drive me to the workshop in your car Wink

You talking about 28th June? if so, I think Krystle has managed to get the day off work, and if thats the case, driving you around won't be a high priority!
Haha

But seriously, we'll see what happens.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Not Getting Anywhere... Fri, 18 June 2004 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How about the 29th?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * I'm Not Getting Anywhere... Thu, 24 June 2004 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Fri, 18 June 2004 07:47

Due to renewed interest, I will have this running and driving next week
I get home on friday, and I will know by friday arvo if its happening.

Will keep you posted

Make that monday, not friday...
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * taps nose suggestively... Thu, 24 June 2004 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 1uz gets its tacho signal of only 1 ignitor

my hilux was a 4cyl petrol

now since the signal form engine is half my tahco is spot on

make sure u understand how it works

so what u can do is set yr autometer tacho for a 4 cyl

and run the signal from the original std ingiter signal

if that doesnt work u need a tacho booster

but the signal form one ignitor and yr tacho set for a 4cyl will be accurate

if u still have problems u could always fit an autronic Smile)

[Updated on: Thu, 24 June 2004 07:55]

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * taps nose suggestively... Fri, 25 June 2004 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sideshow wrote on Thu, 24 June 2004 15:53

if u still have problems u could always fit an autronic Smile

Yeah, and I'll just pull the $2000 out of my arse
KDog
Regular

July 2002
Re: * UZX73 Update * taps nose suggestively... Fri, 25 June 2004 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
while your there can you get some for me please????
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * taps nose suggestively... Fri, 25 June 2004 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heheh

well 3 or more weeks of problem solving and gettin nowhere its easier to fit an autronic heheh
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: * UZX73 Update * taps nose suggestively... Fri, 25 June 2004 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pahahahaha, 3 weeks Smile Try a good couple of months Razz
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: * UZX73 Update * taps nose suggestively... Fri, 25 June 2004 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"tuesday" Laughing
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * taps nose suggestively... Thu, 01 July 2004 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just lettling y'all know that she is booked in for tuning on Saturday 10th July.

Will hopefully post some pics and vids that arvo.
elhsupra
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: * UZX73 Update * taps nose suggestively... Sat, 10 July 2004 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any word yet?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * taps nose suggestively... Sun, 11 July 2004 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.conceptual.net.au/~peewee/uzzy.avi

Right click, save target as...

Needs DivX 5.05

[Updated on: Mon, 21 March 2005 04:39]

rick_o
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: * UZX73 Update * taps nose suggestively... Mon, 12 July 2004 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Congrats on getting it up and running!

Nice note...

One thing, is it retarding slightly above, say, 4K?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * taps nose suggestively... Mon, 12 July 2004 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rick_o wrote on Mon, 12 July 2004 10:43

One thing, is it retarding slightly above, say, 4K?

I have no idea whats going on.
There are ignition problems somewhere.

Dunno what it is tho.
Didnt really have time over the weekend to sort it out.

Will try again next RnR, but we did thrash the shit out of her for about 150kms.
95% of the time she is only running at 50% power, but occasionally she pulls full power.
she went from 70 up to 110 in about 8ish seconds up a hill, in 4th.
Cant wait for full power
MaxPower
Newcomer

May 2004
icon14.gif  Re: * UZX73 Update * Up and Running, Vid Inside... Mon, 12 July 2004 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice work Peewee, must be great to finally get it back on the road. I will download the vid tonight, cant see it on this PC as it hasnt got divx Sad but it certainly sounds pretty sweet so far.

Did u have a look at what the original memcal was?? That is if u spoke to Brad yesterday after u called him??

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: * UZX73 Update * Up and Running, Vid Inside... Mon, 12 July 2004 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
MaxPower wrote on Mon, 12 July 2004 11:28

Did u have a look at what the original memcal was?? That is if u spoke to Brad yesterday after u called him??

I'll have a chat to Alan about that memcal when I give it back to him.
I swapped the 4cyl Camira one, and he gave me what I presumed was an 8cly one.
And when we filmed the output of the ignition module, it was pulsing 8 times per double revolution, so I presume it was an 8cyl one.
Pages (8): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:hi wanting to knoe about 7mgte wiring loom mods
Next Topic:WHAT BRAKES FIT A TA22!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:59:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0087928771972656 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.